Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
timorous me said:
...and a couple of cute tops i got on etsy:

blouse2.jpg

OMG, I LOVE this blue top! Too cute!
Please, tell us more about Etsy.. how do you find what you're looking for?

Wonderful things girls as always. Mo, you really got some goodies, wow!

Beaucaillou your family items are wonderful.. they're the best kind! Those his/hers towels are just darling!

Parachute, lol !

Nikki

timorous me

Familiar Face
ohairas said:
OMG, I LOVE this blue top! Too cute!
Please, tell us more about Etsy.. how do you find what you're looking for?

The seller I got this top from, LeCoria has a top identical to this still available in pink! Go fastfastfast!

For those not yet "in the know," Etsy is a site meant primarily for crafters to sell their wares - there are also many good vintage sellers, and you can find the most amazing handmade items - absolutely FABULOUS if your non-vintage wardrobe tends toward the unique (like mine).

The navigation tools on the site are actually really cool. You can search the "easy" way, by titles or keywords, but you can also search by color, geographic location, categories (and subcategories and sub-sub-categories), you can view everyone who has marked an item or a seller as a favorite, you can see who likes items you like and then see what else THEY like... it's a REALLY neat site, not to mention the fact that you can get some ridiculously cool, one of a kind things - usually dirt cheap!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
YOU CAN'T HAVE IT! I need it! heehee. But I know you are willing to spend more than me (the stuff you get is always so nice!) and I am a cheapo.
Actually I was thinking that we might make some sort of pact, being that I'm unemployed and you're a student, in regards to our over worked check books. Like maybe we should have some sort of ritual where we throw them into the fire and promise to stop spending! I need you to give me shopping lessons, I might be finding nice things, but you're finding just as nice things at great prices. I just don't have that ability:(

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
There are some sellers on etsy that make nice jewelry from old bakelite game pieces, buttons, etc. I just ordered a really cute bakelite cocktail ring from the seller PetitOiseau.

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Last thing for awhile I promise...I just got this on thee bay...vintage Lane Bryant, original belt, one button loose, otherwise in what appears to be excellent condition. Yes, under $20.
mlb11.jpg

The measurements are listed as 20" bust, 13"-17" across front of waist, 24" across hips. Doesn't seem too plus sized to me. I'll take it!

I was drooling over that dress, I am glad it went to a good home! Until we pay the tax man all the money we owe, I can't buy anything that costs more than $5. We are really in a pickle. At least I can live vicariously though you ladies with the lovely taste!

Miss_Bella_Hell

Daisy Buchanan said:
Actually I was thinking that we might make some sort of pact, being that I'm unemployed and you're a student, in regards to our over worked check books. Like maybe we should have some sort of ritual where we throw them into the fire and promise to stop spending! I need you to give me shopping lessons, I might be finding nice things, but you're finding just as nice things at great prices. I just don't have that ability:(

Maybe we should IM each other before we decide to buy anything. "Cheryl, I found this cute dress, it looks like another one I have but it's mint. $30. Can I buy it." You: "NO! BE GOOD!" Me: "Sniff....ok :("
lol

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Girl...I've seen that bra now! Of course the dress is too small for you!! What is your bust measurement?! I am merely 40"!!! And I'm a DD so you must be...I don't even know.

lol I am actually a 38H or a 40G:eek: :eek: , As you can see by the photo, the bra looks really big so I took a chance and bought it in hopes that it fits, but like I said if it doesnt fit........I can just use it as a parachute lol lol

Laughing Magpie

One of the Regulars
exquisitebones - those are rockin' shoes! Nice catch!

beaucaillou - the his and hers towels are precious! What a lovely keepsake, and so much fun too.

Fantastic dresses, and the parachute bra is priceless!

Jen

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Rockapin-up said:
lol I am actually a 38H or a 40G:eek: :eek: , As you can see by the photo, the bra looks really big so I took a chance and bought it in hopes that it fits, but like I said if it doesnt fit........I can just use it as a parachute lol lol

:eek:fftopic: I just had to ask, cuz I have been going crazy here lately, where do you get your regular everyday bras? The store I usually get most of mine from are starting to go to smaller sizes, I've looked in department stores i.e. Macys, Dilliards, I've looked in speciallity bra stores, even plus sized clothing stores (talk about ugly bras, ick), no luck. If I get a bra that fits correctly I am a 42/44 E or G, depending on the maker, supposedly, but I'm kinda weary getting them online with trying them on first.

texasgirl

One Too Many
pretty faythe said:
:eek:fftopic: I just had to ask, cuz I have been going crazy here lately, where do you get your regular everyday bras? The store I usually get most of mine from are starting to go to smaller sizes, I've looked in department stores i.e. Macys, Dilliards, I've looked in speciallity bra stores, even plus sized clothing stores (talk about ugly bras, ick), no luck. If I get a bra that fits correctly I am a 42/44 E or G, depending on the maker, supposedly, but I'm kinda weary getting them online with trying them on first.

You need to go to a lingerie store and get properly fitted. You'll have to spend a little more but it's so worth it. I never could get bras to fit, and now it's wonderful. Also, once you know the brand and size that fits the best, you can order online and save a lot of money.

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
pretty faythe said:

I actually found a bra store on the way to work called Creative Woman. They fitted me there and that's how I learned the horrifying truth about my size. They have really pretty bras, however the more prettier they are the more expensive. I like the prima donna style bra but they range from $80 to $100 dollars:eek: :eek: :eek: So I usually stick to the $40 to $50 dollar bras

Daisy Buchanan

exquisitebones said:
YAY! i lost all my other auctions, but i scored these for 10 bucks!
b30b_12.JPG
Those are great, and that price is amazing!! You must have luck on your side, lately shoes like those on ebay have incited bidding wars and the prices usually end up over $100. You got a great deal on those:eusa_clap

In regards to bras, it is so worth the money to get properly measured. I did this a few months ago. It turns out that all of these years I was wearing the wrong size, which is probably why I never thought bras were comfortable. I actually was kind of small on top :)(), so I would often just not bother wearing one, or I'd buy those tank tops with the built in support. But with this recent weight gain I've suddenly become nicely endowed, gaining weight does have it's up sides:). Anyway, I'm not a fan of Victoria's Secret. I just think that thier product isn't of the highest quality and if I'm gonna spend $40-$50 on a bra it shouldn't fall apart after just a few wears. But I went into their store pretending that I was gonna buy some things and I got measured for free. I'm not sure if stores actually charge for measuring. Also, I'm not sure if you have a store in your area called Lady Grace. I used to think that it catered to an older woman. However, since they do cater to an older crowd they have some great vintage looking bras and other lingerie like tap pants. All my friends laugh at me for buying stuff there, but I love it. Their prices are good and they sell higher quality. You can find some pretty things, nothing too sexy, but pretty enough and very vintagey. If you have a store in your area that caters to an older generation I'd check it out, they probably have tons of items that younger people might find too "old" but you might just see it as cute and vintage. I just looked up Lady Grace, they seem to be a chain and they do have a web site. I don't want to put up the link in case it's not appropriate, so if you're interested just do a search under "Lady Grace intimate apparel" and it should be one of the first few listings. I hope you find this helpful and that you find something appealing:)

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Oh lordy, do I need to get measured! I measured myself recently according to those guides online and apparently I'm a 34C! I measured about 100 times but I refuse to believe it, my bust just looks too small to be a C cup!

The only brand of bras that don't bug the heck out of me (as much) are Calvin Klein, and they are relatively cheap too, like $30, and are often on sale.

Sunny

One Too Many
OK, I've got a real love here:

a43a_1.JPG

It fits perfectly, it shows off the curves, it's so comfortable, it's a gorgeous color, it displays necklaces wonderfully, the skirt has a wonderful flip to it, and I love it! And did I mention it cost me less than $15? I don't get it - given the color alone, it ought to have attracted more than two bidders.

My only regret is that the weather's already so warm I was really pushing it to wear it yesterday. :eek:

texasgirl

One Too Many
pigeon toe said:
Oh lordy, do I need to get measured! I measured myself recently according to those guides online and apparently I'm a 34C! I measured about 100 times but I refuse to believe it, my bust just looks too small to be a C cup!

The only brand of bras that don't bug the heck out of me (as much) are Calvin Klein, and they are relatively cheap too, like $30, and are often on sale.

Those "instructions" you see are not correct. When I follow them I am like a 38D, and I am really a 34FF- big difference! And now that I wear the correct size, I actually have a waistline- everyone should go and get measured!

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
Esty is EVIL EVIL. My husband was making fun of me because I was on the computer until midnite browsing though Esty. Luckly I'm on a buying freeze right now. I can't wait until it's lifted.......

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I wasn't happy when I got fitted. I was a smaller size. :(
This sure is "The Chesty Lounge" isn't it?

Anyway, my beyond wonderful boyfriend bought this for me a couple days ago. And I didn't have to do full length but I had to show off my "great gams." ;)

l_b7da58bf1d5db7a74177ef5dfda17455.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwrg