Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Shearer

Practically Family
Lady Day, those green glass buttons and the dark cherry red buttons are just delicious! You've gotten me all worked up over buttons! :D

It's the little details that make a great piece of clothing, and you've got some wonderful things to work with.

Mojito

One Too Many
Wow - buttons! It's enough to make anyone want a collection, Lady Day.

Daisy, that dress is just so smart. I'd love one similar - it would make the classic LBD day to evening transition so well.

Amber, that red robe is just so gorgeously decadent. Red colour and feather trim...yummy!

I arrived home yesterday to a number of packages...

First was this silk 1920s teddy, which was actually in better condition than I'd expected - the seller was extremely scrupulous in describing every flaw, so I was a bit surprised at just how good it was overall:

KiamieTeddy1.jpg

Mojito

One Too Many
Then came this 1920s slip - I have a few dresses this will work well with. Always happy to have an original slip, as I've had to use so many recent era ones under those filmy dresses of the era:

Greenslip.jpg

Mojito

One Too Many
Finally, a 1920s chiffon dress. This is as light as gossamer - the person who picked it up for me was actually afraid the box was empty, as it seemed to have no weight at all. I love it on - like wearing cobwebs. It's in great condition, but I wouldn't want to wear it to a garden party and have too many glasses of Pimms or Planter's Punch - it takes some concentration to get through the arms and the wrists, and I'd hate to make a wrong move doffing it!

chiffondress.jpg

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Oh Mo that chiffon dress is lovely!

I have been having a terrible time on ebay lately! :(
There are much wealthier people out there which I think is a shame because I think poorly paid people (like me) should be able to look fabulous too. That's one of the main reasons I don't have any Stop Staring dresses. They're just not in my budget.

Anyway, enough whining. I got this today. It's navy blue not black so I figured it was okay. Plus, the collar is just adorable!

031807%20055.jpg

timorous me

Familiar Face
some of my recent ebay finds... (i apologize in advance, i've cooled off on the cute unique dresses for a bit and have found myself focusing on everyday work-friendly seperates, so this post is a bit boring and shirt-heavy...)

got this lovely number in the mail yesterday, it's a repro, but still cute as a button!
berniedextertop.jpg

80's does 50's waitress dress...
waitressdress.jpg

fabulous mahjong tile bracelet...
mahjong.jpg

mid-century silver spoon pins (shown MUCH larger than actual size! they're tiny and adorable and the history behind them is really interesting.)
spoonpins.jpg

and TOTALLY not the right era for this forum, but i just got it for a 70's/80's/90's theme party and i think it's AWESOME:
80sdress.jpg

...and a couple of cute tops i got on etsy:

blouse2.jpg

blouse.jpg

Shearer

Practically Family
Spoon pins! I love the history behind them! And I always thought they would be a neat thing to collect. I was remarking about them on my blog yesterday.

Tough Cookie

One of the Regulars
Alrighty, here are my Whirling Turban pictures. I'm trying real hard here to be pin-up model-like, but you know what? It's Not Easy (for the likes of me). I do what I can, though.

The Petal Bust dress in red ikat cotton, with black trim:
SmallWhirlingTurban008.jpg

SmallWhirlingTurban009.jpg

SmallWhirlingTurban034.jpg

And the copper ikat cottton short bra top with the black rayon shorts:
SmallWhirlingTurban044.jpg

SmallWhirlingTurban041.jpg

I'm *super* happy with the fit and quality. I plan to get at least a Shaheen Dream from them when the income tax refund comes in. :D

Mojito

One Too Many
Pink Dahlia, I love that collar! Almost enough to tempt me out of 'my' era and try something like that.

Timorous Me, those are great selections to round out the wardrobe.

Tough Cookie...the dress, the colour, the attitude: all gorgeous!

Mojito

One Too Many
Thanks Hadley! It feels great on - silk is still soft and supple, and it's quite voluminous (but not too much so). Now for the proper peignoir to wear with it...

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
Wows around! Everyone has acquired some true gems lately!

Recently I was home in Chicago, moving my Grandmum into a nursing home. It's so conflicting and odd to pack up and go through her house, but so much of her stuff has deep meaning for me and there's a part of me that is truly happy to be getting some of her things, despite the sad and conflicting nature of the situation.

Depressing subjects aside, being given these items makes me feel much closer to my family and my history, like I'm more actively partaking in something I've observed and admired for so long.

Here are a few things my Mom gave to me when we packed up last week:

Hand towels embroidered by my Great-Grandmother:
towels.jpg

And another:

towel1.jpg

And aprons my Grandmother made!:

apron2.jpg

My siblings and I also were given some tiny, etched juice glasses we used to drink out of as children, which mean a lot. And my Grandfather's fountain pen might have fallen into my purse too. Erm... yes... 'fallen' into.

timorous me

Familiar Face
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Who made those blouses from etsy? I am not the greatest at navigating there and those are really pretty!

I actually got them from a vintage seller, LeCoria - but I recommend MaisyBrownReproRetro and LaMadeleine for great repros - among many others!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Good Citizen Az