Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Tough Cookie said:
Canadadoll--that dress is the cutest one I've seen in a long while--I'm certain it was worth while (and if it's not and you want to flip it, let me know. ;) )

If that happens Cookie you'll be the first to know!lol :)

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Through all her darling jewelry purchases Daisy reminded me that I lack in vintage jewelry.

These are my new darlings:

38589710_o.jpg

DSC898jgfd-92.jpg

8f24_1.JPG

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
picked these up on thee bay for $14 (incl. shipping). i saw these last year at viva and wanted to get them but they were like $60. yay 4 ebay!
dsp_bakelitediceers.jpg

Those are so cute!

I have screw-on earrings like that (biplanes I think? maybe WWII-era) but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get them to stay on. Maybe me earlobes are too weird. Is there a trick to them?

Tough Cookie

One of the Regulars
Laughing Magpie said:
Tough Cookie: Ooooo - I've looked at Whirling Turban's stuff before on the web. So so nice! How long did the process take?

Jen
It took quite a while, actually, only because the dress I wanted needs to be made from cotton, not rayon--and they have a ton more rayon than cotton. And the cottons they had I didn't care for. Then when I settled on the red ikat, they ran out of it. I just decided to wait for it. The only surprise is that shipping for the dress, top, and shorts came to about $50--ouch. Fortunately hubby got me a gift certificate to apply to my order for Christmas--thoughtful man!!

It also took a bit of time because they are very detailed in their emails and info. requests, and don't assume anything. But now things will go faster because they have my measurements, etc. I plan on getting a "Shaheen Dream" next, heh.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
pigeon toe said:
Those are so cute!

I have screw-on earrings like that (biplanes I think? maybe WWII-era) but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get them to stay on. Maybe me earlobes are too weird. Is there a trick to them?

Well, I'm not sure if there is or there isn't. But since you DO have earlobes you should be able to get them on. Unscrew them as widely as they will open, then manually slip your earlobe in, and tighten until it hurts! Then untighten a little, and pull to make sure they're on solidly. I dunno! Works for me. Eventually my ears hurt though.

Daisy Buchanan

Thanks for all of the compliments ladies:) Now I just have to patiently wait for the post man.

Klara that dress is great! Argh, I think I'm gonna have to get one!!

Sorry Pink Dahlia, I didn't mean to pass the bug on to you. Great purchases you got, I especially love the floral necklace.

Voodoo Kitten

Familiar Face
I need to go shopping!! I haven't bought myself anything cute since before Christmas. There used to be a retro style shop in my mall that I window shopped at, (too expensive for my tastes). But it closed a few months back and I haven't been shopping for anything but groceries since.

This thread is great inspiration though, and I've only looked at the last few pages.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Daisy! Fortunately all of those necklaces were Buy It Nows. I don't really wear a lot of jewelry (only necklaces). Now I have an excuse to buy something light blue to go with that necklace. :)

Decobelle

One of the Regulars
klara said:
and I love it. It's a beautiful repro made by trashy diva.
40SssdresssCAMEO1.jpg

It's really darling Klara. I saw a lady wearing one like it in San Francisco Saturday, with a big red heart bakelite-looking necklace - it looked smashing with the b&w dress.

Shearer

Practically Family
A successful night!

Finally, I won a few things after a big letdown last week!

First is a man's shirt tailored down for a woman. Seller said, "She must have really loved her husband's shirt" and I'm a sucker for that kind of story, so I'll pretend it's true ;)

taffeta.jpg

Two NOS 50's day dresses. For someone who is afraid of most prints, these are a pretty odd choice, but I'm trying to wean myself away from black/red/navy blue/polka dots! And I really like the collar on the second one.

atomic1.jpg

atomic2.jpg

atomic3.jpg

And they have original belts. What more could I ask for?

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Great finds! I especially like the pink buttons on the second dress! And way to go weaning yourself off black! I too am doing that! :)

Shearer

Practically Family
Pink Dahlia said:
Great finds! I especially like the pink buttons on the second dress! And way to go weaning yourself off black! I too am doing that! :)

Thanks!

Hehehe, right after I bought myself a bunch of black and white/polka dot vintage inspired goodies today :eek:

Yeah, I'm slowly weaning off... ever since someone brought up that pattern thread somewhere, I realized I'm stuck in a rut. To be fair, there are some pefectly hideous patterns out there!

Elaina

One Too Many
Well, no camera still, but went to the one and only thrift store I know of that sells sewing stuff and got 2 patterns from the late 60's. Normally I'd run, but these are the kind that teaches to alter them, and I wound up getting a bonus pant pattern from the 70's. all for the whopping price of 20 cents each.

I also got 6 yds of fabric: either a late 20's, early 30's cotton print, a 1940's americana print and 1950's polka dotted fabric. ($1.50 each).

I'm pretty pleased.

Daisy Buchanan

Wow Shearer you got some great things!!

Elaina, it sure sounds like you've had a very busy, yet very good day. I can't wait to see some pictures of the fabric you got, it sounds great!

I promised myself I wouldn't buy anything more, but I completely forgot that I had added a few auctions to the sniper service I use to bid for me when I'm not sure if I'm gonna be around at the end of an auction. Ooopsie Daisy:eek: I'm thrilled about the 2 pins. I have nothing like them. I think the strawberry is darling and I'm so glad to finally have a vintage valentine's item.
13.jpg
14.jpg
7dca_1.JPG
227a_1.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Good Citizen Az