Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

LadyStardust

Practically Family
ohairas said:
More great items girls!! Am I the only one who watches this thread and thinks.. .how did "I" not see that on the bay? :eusa_doh:
I think it would be kinda fun to know how many of us actually looked at the same items.

Which reminds me, did anyone see that sweater that went for like $350? Geesh!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=140090593157&rd=1&rd=1

Nikki
I'm exactly the same way! I'm always curious as to "Hmm, I wonder if any other FL'ers are watching this?".
I saw that sweater early on, when it had reached about $150 or so, and thought that was ridiculous at that point, but $350?!:eek: For a sweater?! I mean, it's nice vintage, but GOSH!:eek:

Shearer

Practically Family
ohairas said:
More great items girls!! Am I the only one who watches this thread and thinks.. .how did "I" not see that on the bay? :eusa_doh:
I think it would be kinda fun to know how many of us actually looked at the same items.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=140090593157&rd=1&rd=1

Nikki

:eek: Eeeeek. Okay, $350 for a sweater? I went higher on a gown recently (and lost) but for a sweater, that's about the time I start thinking "repro!"

Incidentally, I have looked at a couple of things that I've seen show up on this thread, but nothing I've put in my watch list so far. One was pigeon toe's cardigan, and one of Daisy's dresses looked familiar.

But I'm FOREVER seeing things I missed, and I scour pretty regularly.

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Ah, I can hardly keep up with this thread anymore, so many of you are getting absolutely wonderful purchases, and such a collection of them! :eek: lol So little time, so much beauty to soak in! :eusa_clap

Shearer, I'm in love with the olive green patterned dress, it's absolutely beautiful! :eusa_clap Also, I can sympathize with cautiously venturing out into the world of patterns, I told myself I had to start a couple months ago, because back then I would open my closet and all I would see would be navy, black, white, and grey. I need color! I wish you much continued luck in your search for more patterned dresses! :)

Daisy, my goodness, your closet must look like a positive treasure trove, considering all the gems you already have and are adding to it! A veritable wealth of clothes! :eusa_clap

Speaking of day dresses, I got this, again 1950's:
3d31_1.JPG

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Actually, I was watching that Valentine's Day pin Daisy bought, but I decided not to bid on it. Glad it went to a good home!

And Daisy, give me all your dresses, and your checkbook too!

Shearer

Practically Family
LadyStardust said:
Ah, I can hardly keep up with this thread anymore, so many of you are getting absolutely wonderful purchases, and such a collection of them! :eek: lol So little time, so much beauty to soak in! :eusa_clap

Shearer, I'm in love with the olive green patterned dress, it's absolutely beautiful! :eusa_clap Also, I can sympathize with cautiously venturing out into the world of patterns, I told myself I had to start a couple months ago, because back then I would open my closet and all I would see would be navy, black, white, and grey. I need color! I wish you much continued luck in your search for more patterned dresses! :)

Daisy, my goodness, your closet must look like a positive treasure trove, considering all the gems you already have and are adding to it! A veritable wealth of clothes! :eusa_clap

Speaking of day dresses, I got this, again 1950's:
3d31_1.JPG

Thanks! Just remember no pattern is worse than the "Princess" or "I'm Spoiled" t-shirts and their kin walking the streets today :D

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
ohairas said:

Nikki

That's so funny ohairas I think that every time I look in this thread! But I just think to myself that it wasn't in my size and then I feel better about it.

And no $350 sweaters for me thanks.

klara

One of the Regulars
Decobelle said:
It's really darling Klara. I saw a lady wearing one like it in San Francisco Saturday, with a big red heart bakelite-looking necklace - it looked smashing with the b&w dress.

Oh, that sounds beautiful. Thank you for the inspiration. ebay here i come ;)

And Shearer, Canadadoll, Honey Doll, LadyStardust and Daisy Buchanan thank you so much for all your nice compliments about the dress. It made my day.

Elaina

One Too Many
I don't do the bay at all. Back in the day, I got ripped off, and the only things I get (few and far between) usually my ex-husband will bid, pay on pay pal, and get shipped to him, so I tend not to do it because of it being my ex.

Most times, if I can't find it in a thrift store, some attic, or free I just don't mess with it. But then, I'm weird and don't like used shoes, clothes or purses.

I did see a few lapel pins at the thrift store, and some rhinestone jewerly, but nothing I particualry like. I suppose on clothes I just have to see them in person. But you ladies always have wonderful things!

Amber DeCadence

One of the Regulars
I am drooling over all the dresses her so much I have decided it is time for me to learn to sew properly!! well done ladies, theres some fantastic stuff there. I must admit I didnt think I would win this but I did and I'm happy

coat1.jpg
coat2.jpg

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Actually, I was watching that Valentine's Day pin Daisy bought, but I decided not to bid on it. Glad it went to a good home!

And Daisy, give me all your dresses, and your checkbook too!

I'm afraid after the past few days my checkbook is gonna do you no good!

As for my closet being a treasure trove, I actually have kind of crummy closet space, so my stuff right now is just every where. I've been trying to get a closet built under the landing of the stair case, being that it's all hollow under there, but I can't afford to now!!:eek: :D

LadyStardust

Practically Family
ShooShooBaby said:
this dress looks almost identical to my vintage girl scout uniform!!! does the fabric kinda change color when you move it?
I'm not sure, as I haven't received it yet, but in the description it said that the material has almost a "shark skin sheen" to it. [huh]

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
buttons pt 1

I got my crop of buttons the other day, and was amazed at the selection in this rare find. Not only wer there a large selection of real nice buttons, but most of the cards had never been used! AND there were tons of buttons of one family left, which means useable buttons, instead of just on real cool button, yay!

Id thought Id share some of the more interesting of the group. This is about a fifth of the collection.

moviecard.jpg

purpleswirl.jpg
purple.jpg

Purple buttons. These are plastic and real large 5/8"+!

redplasticlovely.jpg

These are the yummiest red plastic I have ever seen.

redcutout.jpg

These are all cut outs!

tonsofgreenplastic.jpg

There were over 7 cards all filled with this!

pearllarge.jpg

Pearl buttons, super tiny, but the card was so cool!

pinkmed.jpg
goldinlay.jpg

Gold inlay on the white ones and they are glass!!!

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
buttons pt 2

brownplasticlrg.jpg

Brown cut outs.

blueglasssml.jpg
blackplasticweave.jpg

The first two cards of blue are glass. These are HUGE black buttons.

blackglasssml.jpg

I thought this card was interesting. I think the buttons are pearl.

greeeen.jpg
greenglass.jpg

GreeeeeennnN!!! Man were there a lot of green buttons in this lot! The first and last pair are glass :D

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Buttons pt 3

capehook.jpg

Check out this cape hook!

whiteglasssmall.jpg
yellowglass.jpg

Yellow glass!

yellobake.jpg

I thought these were super interesting. I think they are Bakelite.

modlarge.jpg

These are SO MOD! I love them! The backs of most of these cards were cool as well, the buttons were held on with clips instead of tape or wire.

Im totally happy with this lot, no more buttons for a while for me, scouts honor.

LD

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Daisy Buchanan said:
Wow Shearer you got some great things!!

Elaina, it sure sounds like you've had a very busy, yet very good day. I can't wait to see some pictures of the fabric you got, it sounds great!

I promised myself I wouldn't buy anything more, but I completely forgot that I had added a few auctions to the sniper service I use to bid for me when I'm not sure if I'm gonna be around at the end of an auction. Ooopsie Daisy:eek: I'm thrilled about the 2 pins. I have nothing like them. I think the strawberry is darling and I'm so glad to finally have a vintage valentine's item.
13.jpg
14.jpg
7dca_1.JPG
227a_1.JPG

Wow Daisy those are sooo cute! I love the Strawberry pin, is the leaf made of fabric or does it just look that way?
Your dress is lovely too, you are lucky as I have to pass up on 9 out of 10 dresses as they are always to short in the body for me especially vintage ones:(
You really will look lovely in all your recent finds.
The Valentine pin is just gorgeous!!!

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Ladyday your buttons are just great!! The round ones with the colour in the centre and the cream border are just killer!!! :eusa_clap

I LOVE buttons, aren't they just the kind of thing that you can never have enough of????
Please post pics if you make anything fabulous with them (which I'm sure that you will):) :)

Oh and the buckles and that Kelly green is just fantastic, glass buttons are just so lovely they are as good as jewellery as far as I am concerned. ( excuse me whilst I go and make a cup of tea I am feeling quite overwhelmed lol lol )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saundersdavid