Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
I just got the coat, even tho I won't be really using it till next winter

b07e_1_sbl.jpg
[/IMG]

It doesn't come with the fur collar, I have to pay separate for that [huh] , so this is what it will look like.
a5f9_1_sbl.jpg
[/IMG]

I got it for $10.00, but with shipping it came out to $28.94

Shearer

Practically Family
Pink Dahlia said:
It appears to be either a Victorian or Edwardian picnic scene and it's upside down! But that's okay it just means I get a better view!

That's too cute! I saw a toille pattern awhile back and there's a dress with castles somewhere on eBay too.

I'm staying away from the one with a giant rooster on the skirt tho lol

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Giant rooster! :eek:

Upon closer inspection I found the pattern to be upside down and right side up. It certainly is a unique pattern!

I had to buy a white slip to go under that and the yellow dress and I was searching for shoes to go with the white dress. No luck which is good because I heard on the radio that we should expect 25 mph winds! :eek:

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
8268_1.JPG

i scored this today. 18 including shipping, i was in a stinkin bidding war forever.
and i kinda feel like i might have over paid???
who knows. its early 50s supposedly.
[huh]

it has padded shoulders??? when did those come into play???

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
Well, this dress isn't exactally Golden Era, but I fell in love with it. The auction said early 60's. It is so up my alley, and for $25!

dress3br0.jpg

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
exquisitebones said:
8268_1.JPG

i scored this today. 18 including shipping, i was in a stinkin bidding war forever.
and i kinda feel like i might have over paid???
who knows. its early 50s supposedly.
[huh]

it has padded shoulders??? when did those come into play???

I'd say the dating is reasonably accurate.

If I understand fashion history correctly, shoulder pads made their appearance in the 1930s (for the span we are talking about anyway) with the Joan Crawford (looking a bit like a linebacker) style. However, the skirts were pretty slim and often bias cut, which isn't what you have. Shoulder pads were smaller but remained in use through the war years for the military look. The next big resergence of them was in 1947 for Dior's new look. The idea was wide shoulders, tiny corseted waists and full hips; the full-on hour-glass look. I think they stuck around until the mid-50s when a more sloped shoulder look started to take hold.

I have a similar salmon pink shirtwaist from the 1950s that has shoulder pads. I just checked.:D

I'm an amateur however, so if I get any of this wrong, ladies, feel free to correct me!!

Kimberly

Practically Family
Clothes, did someone say clothes?

Can I play! I have been looking at all of your pics
since yesterday and was so exicted to see all
of your lovely purchases!

Here is a 1940's blazer I found that was really inexpensive.

BTW: What is proper protocol for picture size here.
I don't want to be the one to mess up
everyones screens. :eek:

bluejacket.jpg

Kimberly

Practically Family
I also want to post a picture of a dress I can't wait to wear this summer. I am assuming it's 40's or 50's (has a side metal zipper) and is a nice cotton that is going to feel great on over the summer.

Sigh, I wish it were nice enough out to start wearing all of the lovely summer dresses. I am getting sick of wool and sweaters at about this point.

DayDressSideZipper.jpg

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Well, my Boden dress arrived and it is not at all the same colour as the picture (quelle surprise!). So I am not sure if I like this colour or if it flattering on me. What do you ladies think? The colour it is might be a bit more vintage though, again, what do you think??

Colour

436673962_8fc43ce97b.jpg

On me

436665817_8c64697732.jpg

[huh]

Kimberly

Practically Family
Fleur

I think the dress if very flattering on you. Yes, the color looks different on the manni vs. you but I like the color on you just as much. :cool:

Shearer

Practically Family
Fleur-

I'm so surprised at how different the Boden pics are from the actual colour! :eek: I think you look like a million bucks though. I'm loving the collar on that dress and the actual colour looks more vintage, as you say.

I hope you like it since I feel like the one who lured you back down the Boden path! :eek:

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
Thanks for the compliments on the dress. Not what I went looking for at all :)

Fleur - The dress looks adorable on you! I can't immagine anything looking bad on you! You may want to choose makup colors to ensure you don't end up looking sallow, but I would consider that dress a keeper if I were you :D

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
Fleur De Guerre said:
Well, my Boden dress arrived and it is not at all the same colour as the picture (quelle surprise!). So I am not sure if I like this colour or if it flattering on me. What do you ladies think? The colour it is might be a bit more vintage though, again, what do you think??

Colour

436673962_8fc43ce97b.jpg

On me

436665817_8c64697732.jpg

[huh]
I think the color looks better than it deos in the first pic. It looks darling I you, I hope you keep it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth