Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show off the sports coats.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
I also picked up a couple of those Ralph Lauren belted back linen and cotton faux Palm Beach jackets.
Again very nice. Not quite as nice the ones above, but working cuff buttons, I think canvased fronts, skeletal lining, etc. I really has a similar feel/style to those Palm Beach jackets. I wish it had action pleats, but oh well.

I picked up an extra one I'll be listing soon in the classified.

402970524.jpg

402970514.jpg

402970570.jpg

Mark B.

One of the Regulars
After years of seeing them on this forum I decided to check out some of those RL belted back sportcoats. I had to sell off some items to raise the funds, but I think it has been well worth it.

Two Polo RL belted action back sportcoats. Very 1930s styling: patch box pleated pockets, working cuff buttons, etc. I am very impressed with the quality and styling of these items. I have bought various belted action backs that have come out the Talso Elbas from Macy's and those linen ones from Crittiden. These are much nicer, of course they are much more costly, especially new.

(Please take no notice of my long cuffs escaping in the photos...)

Linen and wool tweed black and white:
402969665.jpg

402969662.jpg

402969664.jpg

Heavy blue linen:
402971009.jpg

402971010.jpg
Great look and great looking hat:eusa_clap

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
I am wearing my new 1950's Hart Schaffner & Marx Blazer. The Union Tag is patented 1949, so I am not sure if it is early 50's. Just gotta get some matching pants/trousers, shoes, and a collared shirt w/ a tie to complete it! You can see me in it for the last pic, the first six are pics of the coat itself.

tn11.jpg

1210.jpg

zxcv10.jpg

xcvxc10.jpg

bvcbvc10.jpg

bcxvbx10.jpg

01711.jpg

I also purchased a (90's?) C & R Clothiers Coat, that I need to get tailored in the waist!! I can post pics now if any one wants, but I will hold off untill I get it tailored.

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
I am wearing my new 1950's Hart Schaffner & Marx Blazer. The Union Tag is patented 1949, so I am not sure if it is early 50's. Just gotta get some matching pants/trousers, shoes, and a collared shirt w/ a tie to complete it! You can see me in it for the last pic, the first six are pics of the coat itself.

tn11.jpg

It has a '49-'62 Union tag. Judging by the style and label I'd say this jacket is from around 1958-1962.

Oldsarge

One Too Many
Growing up on the West Coast almost within scent of the ocean I was inevitably influenced by the Surfer Dude culture of the '60's. The usual uniform of the time was a pair of Levi's, a tee shirt and a Pendleton wool shirt worn as a jacket. However, if you ever did need to dress up, your go-to garment was the Pendleton 'Topster' a three button, unlined jac-shirt in any of the Oregon company's myriad plaids. They made them for years but, lamentably, no longer do. You can find them on ebay but you do better searching for 'Pendleton blazer coat' or 'Pendleton blazer jacket'. However, instead of pouring over The Bay trying to find on my size that isn't moth-holed I broke down and order 2.5 yards of Pendleton wool cloth from their Mill Store and took it to MyTailor.com who happen to be just down the freeway from me. So that they would know what I wanted, I gave them my treasured "last of the last" Topster that was a special order by Duluth Trading Company because the owner is the same age I am and has the same nostalgias! Anyway, four months later, here it is in all it's tartan glory. Yes, I know it needs pressing. Heck it's been in a box all the way from Hong Kong, for creep's sake. Tomorrow I will take it to my dry cleaner to be pressed and when it gets back I will brave our current heat and wear it for pictures.

IMGP0471.jpg

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I also picked up a couple of those Ralph Lauren belted back linen and cotton faux Palm Beach jackets.
Again very nice. Not quite as nice the ones above, but working cuff buttons, I think canvased fronts, skeletal lining, etc. I really has a similar feel/style to those Palm Beach jackets. I wish it had action pleats, but oh well.

I picked up an extra one I'll be listing soon in the classified.

402970524.jpg
Chasseur, what do you think about the lapels? They appeared to be tiny in the ebay listing but I can't quite tell from your pictures. Does it feel "right" ? If you say so I might also get one...I trust your style decisions.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Floey,

Thank you for the confidence. I'm traveling in Asia at the moment, so I'm away from that jacket. From memory and also the photos I have they are not "wide" but not 1960's "Mad men" narrow. I'll check and measure this weekend if that is not too late for you.

I have the blue one with me and while the lapels are not very wide they are similar in width to my one 1930s sportcoat I have.

Flat Foot Floey

Thank you. There was one of this type on ebay but I decided to let the opportunity pass. It's still a cool jacket with the patch pockets and beltback but I like the blue and the grey one even better. Yes, very 30s.
You really build a perfect outfit around them.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Awesome 1960s paisley dinner/smoking jacket. It fits me but has been worn to death: completely frayed arm cuffs and back seams poorly restitched. From the Bronx. Don't know whether to try to revitalize it or use it as a pattern to make a repro.

001-35.jpg

002-26.jpg

003-28.jpg

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Another 1960s dinner jacket, this one looks to be for a waiter or some other service worker. Very heavy weight twill material and a faint outline of the name 'SEMCO' on the breast pocket. No tags.

001-36.jpg

002-27.jpg

MikeBravo

One Too Many
Awesome 1960s paisley dinner/smoking jacket. It fits me but has been worn to death: completely frayed arm cuffs and back seams poorly restitched. From the Bronx. Don't know whether to try to revitalize it or use it as a pattern to make a repro.

001-35.jpg

A garment of such splendour (that is the only word I can think of to describe it) should be restored to it's former glory as closely as possible

At least that is my opinion

Flat Foot Floey

It's a nice sportcoat. You want to take them them to a tailor? Nothing wrong with that. We do it all the time.
Only if I now it is a desirable bigger size (like very long sleeves) I would ask a friend first. I know they do the same for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwrg