Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show off the sports coats.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Trying on and clearing out some blazers, check out classifieds soon.

1953 Saks Fifth Avenue Mr. T blazer:
403471825.jpg

Oxxford by Bullock and Jones:
403471824.jpg

I posted a (very poor quality) picture of this one at the end of 2011. Now that i'm again in proximity to the jacket, I thought I'd get some images to show it off to its full glory.

Very rare, probably from right around 1940 (thanks thunderw21 for the Ward's catalogue scans), pleated front sports coat. Lovely shade of baby blue with pinstripes. Wonderful green buttons.

30sPleatedSportCoat1.jpg

30sPleatedSportCoat2.jpg

30sPleatedSportCoat3.jpg

Original contrasting green buttons: green and Blue - who'd'a thunk it? (Well, me, but it's generally frowned upon by "style" books.)

30sPleatedSportCoat4.jpg

Catalogue scan re-posted for reference:

014-3.jpg

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
another rare one ! (you're killing all of us, not just Mario) ;)

i think this jacket would have been part of a suit rather than a lone sports jacket... not that it makes it less amazing.

I agree, it would almost certainly have been part of a suit, originally. More to come!

Brown Herringbone British jacket. Not sure of era. Could be 50s, could be early 30s. The label makes me think early, but who knows? At some point this one made its way into the BBC wardrobe dept.

BrownHBoneBritishJacket1.jpg

BrownHBoneBritishJacket2.jpg

BrownHBoneBritishJacket3.jpg

There's one of these labels inside the inner breast pocket, and one inside the right hip pocket. Both are identical.

BrownHBoneBritishJacket4.jpg

BrownHBoneBritishJacket5.jpg

bk

Last edited:

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Brown Herringbone British jacket. Not sure of era. Could be 50s, could be early 30s. The label makes me think early, but who knows? At some point this one made its way into the BBC wardrobe dept.

BrownHBoneBritishJacket1.jpg

bk

Lovely jacket. Not that I'm very good on dating jackets, but I'd say it was earlier than the 50s. The breast pocket seems quite high. I think that by the 50s pockets tended to be lower. (if I'm wrong on that, please correct me. I remain eager to learn)

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
I posted a (very poor quality) picture of this one at the end of 2011. Now that i'm again in proximity to the jacket, I thought I'd get some images to show it off to its full glory.

Very rare, probably from right around 1940 (thanks thunderw21 for the Ward's catalogue scans), pleated front sports coat. Lovely shade of baby blue with pinstripes. Wonderful green buttons.

30sPleatedSportCoat1.jpg

30sPleatedSportCoat2.jpg

30sPleatedSportCoat3.jpg

Original contrasting green buttons: green and Blue - who'd'a thunk it? (Well, me, but it's generally frowned upon by "style" books.)

30sPleatedSportCoat4.jpg

Catalogue scan re-posted for reference:

014-3.jpg

Geez, that's wonderful. What size is it?

Well I wear them every day, pretty much, and I don't own any modern stuff other than a few pair repro jeans and underwear/shoes. So, with decent rotation (necessary to live in a vintage wardrobe) I get to wear most of it quite frequently. I'll wear everything maybe once every 2-3 weeks. There is, of course, some stuff in there that's rather more difficult to get into rotation (the white suits, for example), and some stuff that doesn't fit and I'll sell in the end.

bk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88