Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show off the sports coats.

Oldsarge

One Too Many
On the subject of repro, Pendleton has revived their beloved Topster. I don't know whether the company pays attention to internet chat rooms but if they do, I humbly take some credit for this. And if they don't, such a coincidence is almost frightening.

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Well I wear them every day, pretty much, and I don't own any modern stuff other than a few pair repro jeans and underwear/shoes. So, with decent rotation (necessary to live in a vintage wardrobe) I get to wear most of it quite frequently. I'll wear everything maybe once every 2-3 weeks. There is, of course, some stuff in there that's rather more difficult to get into rotation (the white suits, for example), and some stuff that doesn't fit and I'll sell in the end.

bk

I guess you must work in an office job where you wear suits every day. Very nice! It would be interesting to see your entire wardrobe in one picture. You must have a whole room to house it all! :p

I guess you must work in an office job where you wear suits every day. Very nice!

Nope, I make very, very liberal use of my (vintage, of course) lab coat. I work in a business where no-one gives a damn what you wear, so I have free rein to unleash my full clothes horse potential.

You must have a whole room to house it all! :p

Sadly, you're not wrong. What with my wardrobe and the Baroness's, if anything, vaster vintage wardrobe, we take up quite a bit of space. The joys of many years (it'll be 15 years come this September that I bought my first piece of vintage - £3 for a pre-WWII pair of British military khaki trousers that I wore to rags) of drip-feed gathering. I have gotten rid of most of the stuff that doesn't fit, too! :eusa_doh:

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Well I wear them every day, pretty much, and I don't own any modern stuff other than a few pair repro jeans and underwear/shoes. So, with decent rotation (necessary to live in a vintage wardrobe) I get to wear most of it quite frequently. I'll wear everything maybe once every 2-3 weeks. There is, of course, some stuff in there that's rather more difficult to get into rotation (the white suits, for example), and some stuff that doesn't fit and I'll sell in the end.

bk

Have you ever posted pics of the white suits? I would love to see them.

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Nope, I make very, very liberal use of my (vintage, of course) lab coat. I work in a business where no-one gives a damn what you wear, so I have free rein to unleash my full clothes horse potential.
Ah, I see! I wear a uniform to work every day, so it's only in my off time I can "dress up" as it were.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
30sPleatedSportCoat3.jpg

Those pleats are simply spectacular. Well, the whole whole jacket is spectacular. :eusa_clap

I also really adore the brown pinstripe tweed jacket. I would wear it anytime, aynwhere. :D

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Not quite so pronounced, no. But you should have seen the very first photo of Rudie's jacket when I had it here at home. Before it went to the tailor it looked like it could have accommodated a showgirl of the Dita von Teese format and then some more.

Last edited:

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Hey, I brokered the deal, didn't I? Of course I'm jealous as hell but would never ever admit to that. :D

Seriously, though: In the first photo the Cinetex guys sent me the jacket looked incredibly busty on the mannequin. It's much better now. :eusa_clap

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
My favorite tweed shooting jacket: mid-weight green herringbone with check overlay, belted back with action shoulder pleats, center vent, box pockets with flaps.

403697168.jpg

403697163.jpg

403697169.jpg

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
harristweed003.jpg

Nifty little sport jacket I picked up at goodwill. The fabric is Harris Tweed in an awesome herringbone pattern. I really loved the design of this jacket, finding it had a very distinctive Victorian flair to it. It was in great shape and only cost me $7.99. The sleeves are a tad too long, but I'll probably have them shortened in the near future.

I put together this outfit as a sort of homage to Jeremy Brett's Sherlock Holmes, as he wore a very similar ensemble in several episodes, notably The Musgrave Ritual. The biggest differences were the tie and collar, his being a bow tie with the bows tucked under a spread rather than my wingtip with black four in hand (which is, however, a very quintisentially Victorian style)

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
A 'holy grail' sports coat I've posted here before but the photos were terrible. Here are some better ones. It's far too big for me so it will shortly be going up for sale.

003-31.jpg

005-12.jpg

006-4.jpg

012-1.jpg

007-4.jpg

011-2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88