Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show off the sports coats.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Damian I hope you got a lot of money for this one. I would have never let it go as this type of fabric just not available anymore.

scaled.php

DamianM

Vendor
Damian I hope you got a lot of money for this one. I would have never let it go as this type of fabric just not available anymore.

scaled.php

The Guy Had the Matching slacks!!!!!
200 + a 40s deep crimson red corduroy Hollywood still with tags.
" MR. STROLLER $38" says the tag

I only did this because I like to wear my collection and I sadly grew out of the Coat.

DamianM

Vendor
I'd say it's more late 1950s but still a glorious jacket!

I had doubts but after seeing elvis in some images from 1953 were a sports coat very similar to this It made some sense.
The union label also seems to be older because of the red numbers as oppose to black numbers.

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
I had doubts but after seeing elvis in some images from 1953 were a sports coat very similar to this It made some sense.
The union label also seems to be older because of the red numbers as oppose to black numbers.

Red numbers on union labels were used up until around the mid-late 1960's. If the union label hadn't been partially covered, you could have looked for the little R in a circle which would have helped determine a 1949 or 1962 union label. The buttonhole on the lapel however does mainly age your jacket to the '50s.

DamianM

Vendor
Red numbers on union labels were used up until around the mid-late 1960's. If the union label hadn't been partially covered, you could have looked for the little R in a circle which would have helped determine a 1949 or 1962 union label. The buttonhole on the lapel however does mainly age your jacket to the '50s.

No R and its a 49 label

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
hsmarx01.jpg

hsmarx02.jpg

hart schaffner and marx jacket with blue and red flecks...
propably an orphan but fit is spot on and the fabric makes a good sport coat.

hsmarx03.jpg

unionlabel01.jpg

Last edited:

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you. I like it too.

ellingers01.jpg

ellingers02.jpg

unionlabelellingers.jpg

Ellingers, Satisfaction clothes, Lincoln Nebr.
This one is shorter...almost too short but I still like it. There are some moth holes on the sleeves and although I drycleaned it and everything the holes drive me insane(I am never sure if there are new ones.Ahrgs.) Well. the jacket is my beater. It fits to grey or brown trousers so I take it everywhere and don't need to worry about it.

I added the union labels on the first sportcoat. I have no experience at all with them. So if you can tell what they say about the age...?

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
After years of seeing them on this forum I decided to check out some of those RL belted back sportcoats. I had to sell off some items to raise the funds, but I think it has been well worth it.

Two Polo RL belted action back sportcoats. Very 1930s styling: patch box pleated pockets, working cuff buttons, etc. I am very impressed with the quality and styling of these items. I have bought various belted action backs that have come out the Talso Elbas from Macy's and those linen ones from Crittiden. These are much nicer, of course they are much more costly, especially new.

(Please take no notice of my long cuffs escaping in the photos...)

Linen and wool tweed black and white:
402969665.jpg

402969662.jpg

402969664.jpg

Heavy blue linen:
402971009.jpg

402971010.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member