Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rogueclimber

A-List Customer

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey all!
More of this Lembert in the German and Austrian thread!

20240717_162115.jpg 20240717_161843.jpg 20240717_162158.jpg

Check it out!

I try not to buy as many hats these days (I tried before and failed). but sometimes you just need to.
GL homburg hat in Aubergine. Size 56 with the bound brim at 6cm and the crown at 10,5cm at the center dent. The crown patch suggests it's branded LG instead of GL, but it stands for Galleries Lafayette, the department store that is still in business today. Somehow I think this hat could have been made by Mossant. I bought it for the colour, which is one I've never seen before on a homburg (or a fedora for that matter).

GL aubergine_01.jpg
GL aubergine_02.jpg
GL aubergine_03.jpg
GL aubergine_04.jpg
GL aubergine_05.jpg
GL aubergine_06.jpg
GL aubergine_07.jpg
GL aubergine_08.jpg
GL aubergine_09.jpg
GL aubergine_10.jpg

The Shoe

Call Me a Cab
I try not to buy as many hats these days (I tried before and failed). but sometimes you just need to.
GL homburg hat in Aubergine. Size 56 with the bound brim at 6cm and the crown at 10,5cm at the center dent. The crown patch suggests it's branded LG instead of GL, but it stands for Galleries Lafayette, the department store that is still in business today. Somehow I think this hat could have been made by Mossant. I bought it for the colour, which is one I've never seen before on a homburg (or a fedora for that matter).

View attachment 628228 View attachment 628229 View attachment 628230 View attachment 628231 View attachment 628232 View attachment 628233 View attachment 628234 View attachment 628235 View attachment 628236 View attachment 628237
That’s a great colour.
The Americans on here will correct me if I’m wrong, but I seem to recall that although they call the vegetable an eggplant, the colour is still called aubergine.
I’ve been living in Japan, where American English rules supreme for so long now that the words “eggplant“ and “zucchini” come into my head first, but I take a perverse pleasure in calling them aubergines and courgettes, knowing that no one will understand me.

That’s a great colour.
The Americans on here will correct me if I’m wrong, but I seem to recall that although they call the vegetable an eggplant, the colour is still called aubergine.
I’ve been living in Japan, where American English rules supreme for so long now that the words “eggplant“ and “zucchini” come into my head first, but I take a perverse pleasure in calling them aubergines and courgettes, knowing that no one will understand me.
Thank you, Gary. Being much closer to France we use the French words for these; don't even have a Dutch translation for them.

AndyR

One of the Regulars
I haven't gotten a new hat in a long long time, but I've been wanting a knock around straw, so I got this 'Unwind Hat' for the rest of summer. I haven't ever seen SundayAfternoons hats mentioned around here before. It seems they have holiday weekend sales, so I got this steal for $40.00, shipped. Regularly $54.00 if I recall.

I wasn't sure what to expect, but I am 'immensely' impressed. The sweat isn't exactly elegant looking in their pictures, since it is elasticized, but wow, is it comfortable. In fact, I think it's the most comfortable hat I own, including ball caps. I leave the Montecristi at home and wear this now. After a few minutes, I forget I'm wearing a hat.

Tripilla straw and leather band.
sUnwind.jpg

Last edited:

georgie girl

One of the Regulars
So I received my Mr Disney fifteen hat today, only gave it a brushing so far but it looks in great condition with a little light staining on the liner, brim binding and a couple of dark dots on the underside of the brim.

It’s a very dense felt, 2 7/8” brim with a 3/4”binding, 1 3/4” ribbon with wind string. OC is about 6” and 143g in weight. The thing that actually intrigues me most is the name “Ahwahnee” which is the native of Yosemite (also a luxury hotel at Yosemite and a tiny place in California).

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_4773.jpeg
    IMG_4773.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4774.jpeg
    IMG_4774.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4776.jpeg
    IMG_4776.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4777.jpeg
    IMG_4777.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4778.jpeg
    IMG_4778.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4781.jpeg
    IMG_4781.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4779.jpeg
    IMG_4779.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4780.jpeg
    IMG_4780.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4772.jpeg
    IMG_4772.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 23
So I received my Mr Disney fifteen hat today, only gave it a brushing so far but it looks in great condition with a little light staining on the liner, brim binding and a couple of dark dots on the underside of the brim.

It’s a very dense felt, 2 7/8” brim with a 3/4”binding, 1 3/4” ribbon with wind string. OC is about 6” and 143g in weight. The thing that actually intrigues me most is the name “Ahwahnee” which is the native of Yosemite (also a luxury hotel at Yosemite and a tiny place in California).

Cheers
That’s a great find!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gnat