Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
It's been a while since I've found a nice homburg. So pleased to have found two from the same seller.

Barbisio Classic homburg in black. Size 56 with the bound brim at 6,5cm and the crown at 11cm at the center dent. Somewhat sturdy felt with a fantastic hand to it. Not a lightweight at 146 grams. First time I see the "confort" sweatband on a Barbisio. Seller sold them cheap because they had some paint stains on them, which came right out.

barbisio classic nero_01.jpg
barbisio classic nero_02.jpg
barbisio classic nero_03.jpg
barbisio classic nero_04.jpg
barbisio classic nero_05.jpg
barbisio classic nero_06.jpg
barbisio classic nero_07.jpg
barbisio classic nero_08.jpg
barbisio classic nero_09.jpg
barbisio classic nero_10.jpg

Totally different one also came in.
Berteil velours in a rich brown colour. Size 59 (by the measurements) with the raw edge brim at 5,7cm and the crown at 10,5cm at the center dent. Gorgeous felt on this one. This hat was well loved and worn, which shows on the liner especially. Sweatband looks worn but is fine. PM me if you're interested in this one, because it isn't my size.

berteil velour_01.jpg
berteil velour_02.jpg
berteil velour_03.jpg
berteil velour_04.jpg
berteil velour_05.jpg
berteil velour_06.jpg
berteil velour_08.jpg
berteil velour_09.jpg
berteil velour_10.jpg
berteil velour_11.jpg

Monte

Practically Family
My Agnoulita 'the Tony' in Navy blue arrived. So it IS Nice and Dark colored like I wanted. The crown is substantial, not unlike some vintage hats I've had. The rabbit felt on the crown is a good balance of soft yet sturdy, like a dress weight I'd venture. Ribbon is not too wide. This inside is gorgeous. Hat box is legit'. The only complaint I would care to air is that this is advertised as a snap. It doesn't have that fulfilling pop I have experienced, and really love about older hats I've handled. But it is very new and fits perfectly.
- 5 1/2" at the highest point
- 2 3/4" bound fedora snap brim
- 1 1/4" grosgrain ribbon
Overall: Love this hat. I think it was a good value. I made the commission based on all the contributions I've read here. I do already have another Agnoulita being made custom with different felt, and I am now more at ease w that decision. Thanks Loungers, and stay well hatted.
20240715_125644.jpg
20240715_125449.jpg
20240715_125147.jpg

My Agnoulita 'the Tony' in Navy blue arrived. So it IS Nice and Dark colored like I wanted. The crown is substantial, not unlike some vintage hats I've had. The rabbit felt on the crown is a good balance of soft yet sturdy, like a dress weight I'd venture. Ribbon is not too wide. This inside is gorgeous. Hat box is legit'. The only complaint I would care to air is that this is advertised as a snap. It doesn't have that fulfilling pop I have experienced, and really love about older hats I've handled. But it is very new and fits perfectly.
- 5 1/2" at the highest point
- 2 3/4" bound fedora snap brim
- 1 1/4" grosgrain ribbon
Overall: Love this hat. I think it was a good value. I made the commission based on all the contributions I've read here. I do already have another Agnoulita being made custom with different felt, and I am now more at ease w that decision. Thanks Loungers, and stay well hatted.
Very nice. Congratulations

Olumin

Familiar Face
Dobbs Twenty. Probably late 50s/early 60s.

This is how I got it, after only a bit of dusting with some tape:
IMG1067.jpeg
IMG1069.jpeg
IMG1068.jpeg
IMG1070.jpeg

This is it after some steam to fix the wonky brim & pinches. I feel it still has a lot of character without looking "shabby". There are some very subtle stains, but I think its part of the look with this hat. You really dont notice. I wont sand it.

IMG1071.jpeg
IMG1072.jpeg
IMG1073.jpeg

Very Indiana Jones-y. The felt is very soft & pliable, its got a "floppy" kinda feel to it. Responded well to steam, quite forgiving. Also reminds me of something a "noir detective" type character would wear. I like it a lot.

Ill probably replace the ribbon on it with a vintage cream one I have ordered. Once I have Ill post an update.

DonR

A-List Customer
I have a couple new hats.

I'll start with the 7X Clear Beaver Open Road Last Drop. An absolute wonderful hat. It was sold as a 7 1/8, but is actually a 6 7/8. They must not have looked at the inner tag. Anyways it fits me like a 7 which is my size so I am happy.

Other than the missing size tag and a bit of cleaning, this hat is in excellent condition. I'm guessing late 40s or early 50s. I think the LD logo is embroidered. At least it feels like it.

DSC_4631.JPG

DSC_4632.JPG

DSC_4633.JPG

View attachment 627472
DSC_4637.JPG
DSC_4638.JPG

DSC_4636.JPG

Last edited:

DonR

A-List Customer
Next is a Stetson 100. A true beauty.

Other than the missing size tag, this hat is as near mint condition than any other hat I have. The size wasn't listed so I took a chance with it. Its a just a bit big on me. I'm thinking a larger 7 1/8 or maybe a 7 1/4. I put some felt behind the sweatband and its good enough as long as it isn't too windy. I probably wont wear it out too often anyway.

The felt isn't heavy, and is as smooth as silk. I'm guessing early 50s.

DSC_4639.JPG

DSC_4640.JPG
DSC_4641.JPG

DSC_4643.JPG

DSC_4644.JPG

DSC_4645.JPG

View attachment DSC_4646.JPG
DSC_4605.JPG

DSC_4606.JPG

Other than the missing size tag, this hat is as near mint condition than any other hat I have. The size wasn't listed so I took a chance with it. Its a just a bit big on me. I'm thinking a larger 7 1/8 or maybe a 7 1/4. I put some felt behind the sweatband and its good enough as long as it isn't too windy. I probably wont wear it out too often anyway.

View attachment 627480
View attachment 627481 View attachment 627482
View attachment 627483
View attachment 627484
View attachment 627485
View attachment 627486
View attachment 627487
View attachment 627488
Congratulations! Inflation or not, you can’t beat a One-hundred.

RickP

Practically Family
Did just a bit of steaming on the Stetson Crushomatic from Ebay (Stetson Three rivers that came in today in a way too small box). Got a couple of wavy spots in the brim fixed. I was pleasantly surprised to find it was a lot nicer soft felt than I was expecting, and it looked a lot better than the sales listing pics showed. Its a Royal, but honestly feels as nice as some of my Soverigns) I picked it up as a modest outdoor hat for my brothers birthday, but may just have to keep it for myself lol. Here it is next to one of my old Favorites a good old standard Stetson Moose River. Im absolutely digging the darker Green. Robbed a nice narrow horsehair band off of an old Larry Mahan Straw... Really like the look. Need to dig around and find a nicer less casual band for the Moose River ... somewhere around are a couple old 10x western straws that might have something usable that I could recycle...(Throwing in a pic of it in the box as it came fresh from ebay for anyone that didnt see that post earlier)

Id have to list this one in the "win" column

Compress_20240716_173522_2048.jpg
Compress_20240716_110154_4693.jpg

Monte

Practically Family
Dobbs Twenty. Probably late 50s/early 60s.

This is how I got it, after only a bit of dusting with some tape:
View attachment 627372 View attachment 627373 View attachment 627374 View attachment 627379

This is it after some steam to fix the wonky brim & pinches. I feel it still has a lot of character without looking "shabby". There are some very subtle stains, but I think its part of the look with this hat. You really dont notice. I wont sand it.

View attachment 627376 View attachment 627377 View attachment 627378

Very Indiana Jones-y. The felt is very soft & pliable, its got a "floppy" kinda feel to it. Responded well to steam, quite forgiving. Also reminds me of something a "noir detective" type character would wear. I like it a lot.

Ill probably replace the ribbon on it with a vintage cream one I have ordered. Once I have Ill post an update.
I am just wondering if you finished with a little brushing? It really helps on my dusty hats.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Wow, you're on a roll!

I have a couple new hats.

I'll start with the 7X Clear Beaver Open Road Last Drop. An absolute wonderful hat. It was sold as a 7 1/8, but is actually a 6 7/8. They must not have looked at the inner tag. Anyways it fits me like a 7 which is my size so I am happy.

Other than the missing size tag and a bit of cleaning, this hat is in excellent condition. I'm guessing late 40s or early 50s. I think the LD logo is embroidered. At least it feels like it.

View attachment 627468
View attachment 627469
View attachment 627470
View attachment 627472
View attachment 627473 View attachment 627474
View attachment 627479

View attachment 627480
View attachment 627483
View attachment 627484
View attachment 627485
View attachment 627486
View attachment 627487
View attachment 627488

Olumin

Familiar Face
I am just wondering if you finished with a little brushing? It really helps on my dusty hats.
Yes. It doesn't look as "dusty" in person as it does in the pictures.

That being said I'm curious as to the origin of the "counter-clockwise rule". Would this not depend on what direction the hat body was sanded in from the factory? Have all haters unanimously decided to sand their hat bodies counter clockwise? Did not a single one ever sand them clockwise?

Monte

Practically Family

That being said I'm curious as to the origin of the "counter-clockwise rule". Would this not depend on what direction the hat body was sanded in from the factory? Have all haters unanimously decided to sand their hat bodies counter clockwise? Did not a single one ever sand them clockwise?
I suppose a standard way of felting, pre-pouncing, pouncing in stages by machine or even by hand would make it easier if it was a standardized direction. Good question.

From what I understand, yes. The early parts of the finishing sets the direction and the finishing follows that.

If you see vids of hat machinery (check out Wellema hats on IG), the machinery rotates clockwise, setting the fur ccw.

View attachment 627480
View attachment 627483
View attachment 627484
View attachment 627485
View attachment 627486
View attachment 627487
View attachment 627488
Wow.. a couple of heavy hitters there, Don. Congratulations!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gnat