Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
These just showed up today:

null_zps2cf06930.jpg

Kangol Canvas Ripley Newsboy

null_zps3fb73ab5.jpg

Ozark Truman Milan

They round out my summer and cap collection quite well.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Super boater, Alan!

Here's a preliminary shot of a sweet lid I bin'd from the bay in a kneejerk reaction. More later!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370896662211.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370896662211.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 139
  • uploadfromtaptalk1370896737567.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370896737567.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 136

ofcoursemyhorse

Practically Family
Once again everyone managed to outdo themselves.

Chepstow, I wish I had your talent, that hybrid hat looks like a creation that could have come from any one of the esteemed hatmakers known here.

Another fine boater Alan. Such a great style of hat, whenever I see one I cant help but think of old cartoons or movies with some couple swooning while an Italian gondola operator serenading them.

You found quite a lovely blonde there Splinter, treat her right and keep her safe from moths.

Bowlerman, that is a fine bowler you got there. I'd say that hat is evidence that even kneejerk reactions can be the best decisions possible sometimes.

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
The Borso Muflone is really beautiful, Robert. Understated perfection, I think.

Here are some detail pics of my new vintage brown derby. I love these light colored sweatbands, and the embossing on them. I thought the size tag appearing like a low relief stamp was really interesting, too.

Please correct me if I'm misunderstanding the labels: I believe this to be a Stetson "Excellent Quality" Derby of somewhere near 1915?? Or is the MCMXV the year of the excellent quality line start up?
Sold by Rothschild Greenfield Co., in St. Louis.

011nhb.jpg

015ujc.jpg

014mt.jpg

016jyh.jpg

It's in excellent condition, save for some very light mothing in a couple almost unnoticeable spots.

That's fantastic, Jeff!

Did the ribbon and size label come unattached? I've never seen a size tag quite like that. The Roman date is part of the exposition mark. I don't own a Stetson with this mark - others can probably share more info. I would think 1920s is likely. Are there Stetson manufacturing labels behind the sweat? The LOTXXXX number from the reverse side of the sweatband if you can find it would be great to know. It often seems to show up near the front of the hat.

Congratulations on a great find.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88