Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Sweet Strat LMH2.
i just recieved a similar strat, same felt but the plastic in the liner crown & black & gold tag

Chepstow,,,,,,,,,,
Strawburg, I love it !

Nice hats today & yesterday everyone !!!!

g.durand

One Too Many
Manfred, amazing hat, the "Strawburg". Congratulations on having such a unique new lid.

hatsRme--jackpot!

LoveMyHats2--I was watching that one but couldn't pull the trigger. Congrats to your wife and to you for having such a good wife!

ofcoursemyhorse

Practically Family

Parisian made Topper, made for a German retailer. Without a doubt one of my favorite hats that has come into my possession, even more so because it fits perfect.

In fantastic condition, the leather box it came with is in equally good condition.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Thanks everyone! For some reason or another, our budget just seems to go in 13 different directions, I still need to buy a hat from Art and one from TonyB, and have a hat that needs a new sweatband installed....my bucket list! lol!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.

Parisian made Topper, made for a German retailer. Without a doubt one of my favorite hats that has come into my possession, even more so because it fits perfect.

In fantastic condition, the leather box it came with is in equally good condition.

I have not yet puchased a top hat, to find one that is in great condition is not easy and you have the case as well, you lucky devil! lol!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Charlie - the Biltmore was a great find

Manfred - super job on the Strawburg. I can see you wearing that a lot as the weather gets warmer.

Daniel - good looking grey Strat

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
00515.jpg

More to come when I am back from work in a few hours.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
The wait is over!!!

Pre-20s (?) Feiges Genuine Beaver Long-Hair.

Sized 7 3/8, but it fits. There is no mothing, and the only damage is that the sweat has lost stitches, there are some holes in the sweat, and the lining has torn in some areas.

Quoting the seller, "The Feiges family had a chain of hat stores in Chicago dating from 1907 to the early 20's."

I photographed the hat with the brim snapped down in the front, but it looks good brim up w/ dents... I just the the front pinch is better.

00615.jpg

00712.jpg

01018.jpg

01120.jpg

01219.jpg

01313.jpg

01411.jpg

01812.jpg

On the noggin (I have been working with my camera to try to get it back to take decent outdoor photos... sadly, it's not ready for that yet. My 1940s/50s shirt (new to me as well) is yellow, but it looks white in the photo.

02312.jpg

04710.jpg

Very nice, Justin!!

I see the Feiges name associated with a chain of three stores in Chicago specializing in $3.00 hats (reminiscent of the Hawes Von Gal niche) through 1926. At some point the name changed to Sample Hat Stores which appear to have existed into the 1960s. Sketchy info.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
G.Durand, Jeff, and Manfred - Thank yuo so much for the compliments. This lid is one of my favorites. I just love the color of the felt!!

Alan, I am shocked you found that much info, I was unable to find anything. I still say your Hawes is the best hat I have seen, and hope to come across one similar to your some day. Truly beautiful lid, yours is. Still in my top 5 hats too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwrg