Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo south side mobsters

g.durand

One Too Many
If you are otherwise happy with the the hat I would suggest you keep it and wear it. RLK's advice is sound. Felt made from the fur of animals is a natural rather than a man made product and can't be controlled to absolute perfection. One of the hats that Art Fawcett made for me has a slightly thick spot in the felt on the crown. There is no discoloration, but it's a dag nonetheless. On another, there is some slight mottling to the color. It doesn't bother me in the least. Think of it this way--you have a hat that is like no other in the world.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Nice lid. If thatis the only issue, I'd keep it.

I have had many hats with issues. Derbies with bent brims, hats that were the victims of a moth horde. But none of these bothered me. Why you may ask? Well, each 'imperfection' had a story to it, and added character.

Wearing that hat will stain it, no matter what you do. Unforseen events happen. A random gust of wind could lift the hat off your head, and slam it to the ground. Someone can spill something on it, regardless if it is on your head, or on the chair next to you. Stuff happens. I find that having small blemishes in items makes me less afraid (if you will) to wear the item.

But as has been previously said, if you are bothered by the mark, then ship it back.

GamaH

A-List Customer
Indeed. After some contemplation, I'm keeping it, since it's not a case of human error that damaged it, e.g. nail marks or scratches.

Graham generously offered to send a replacement it if it bothered me, but as with all natural animal products, there's no guarantee that the next hat sent will have no defects either.

More pics of the hats to come soon.

GamaH

A-List Customer
"Classic Fedora" Montecristi - 2 7/8 brim

etv5.jpg

xfst.jpg

xcz9.jpg

eq85.jpg

amfx.jpg

l6og.jpg

s792.jpg

Sorry for my awful photography skills -- I can't seem to get them any clearer than that.

GamaH

A-List Customer
Lastly, my favorite of the three, and my go-to black hat. Pictures do not do it justice, because although it just looks like a black hat here, there's something incredible about it in person. 3" brim.

i6fg.jpg

l3xn.jpg

sv3m.jpg

935s.jpg

dsdq.jpg

phcl.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwrg