Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

newtojackets

Practically Family
First new jacket in a while for me. Just picked up this white schott perfecto. The tag says it’s a 618, but I haven’t seen this shoulder detailing before. Does anyone have any information?

IMG_8067.jpeg

Viking752

Practically Family
First new jacket in a while for me. Just picked up this white schott perfecto. The tag says it’s a 618, but I haven’t seen this shoulder detailing before. Does anyone have any information?

View attachment 640248
After a bit of research I only found one other white Perfecto online and it did not have the shoulder patches. Based on the label, the Bull label with Schott NYC was used from early to mid 1980’s.
IMG_2099.jpeg

newtojackets

Practically Family
After a bit of research I only found one other white Perfecto online and it did not have the shoulder patches. Based on the label, the Bull label with Schott NYC was used from early to mid 1980’s. View attachment 640569
ah really interesting, thanks! I've seen a few white perfectos online (though not many), and this is the only one I've seen with shoulder patches. Will post more photos once I receive it

I considered this, but wouldn't it have been difficultu to get the same shade of white, and to install the stitching going through the lining?

If it was added after, I'm guessing it was professionally done?

It had to have been a project for sure but yeah, it's doable. White leather like this is quite common, there's a lot of usage for it. If the patches are stitched through the lining, then that's a sure sign they were an afterthought. But even if the stitching is hidden under the lining, it just means the alteration was done with more care. You'd get to the inside of the jacket through the sleeve anyway.

The stitching on the patches looks slightly bit less precise than on the rest of the jacket, thought but that doesn't mean much.

I'm guessing it was done to hide a stitch holes from an earlier patch. Makes no sense to have patches there, otherwise.

The jacket fits you outstandingly in my opinion. It accentuates your shoulders by adding bulk while still looking trim, not boxy... I don't know, I really like this jacket on you. Worth altering the hem, if it bothers you.

newtojackets

Practically Family
It had to have been a project for sure but yeah, it's doable. White leather like this is quite common, there's a lot of usage for it. If the patches are stitched through the lining, then that's a sure sign they were an afterthought. But even if the stitching is hidden under the lining, it just means the alteration was done with more care. You'd get to the inside of the jacket through the sleeve anyway.

The stitching on the patches looks slightly bit less precise than on the rest of the jacket, thought but that doesn't mean much.

I'm guessing it was done to hide a stitch holes from an earlier patch. Makes no sense to have patches there, otherwise.

The jacket fits you outstandingly in my opinion. It accentuates your shoulders by adding bulk while still looking trim, not boxy... I don't know, I really like this jacket on you. Worth altering the hem, if it bothers you.
Just had another look and there are actually some stitch lines in the lining, so you’re 100% right there.

I think the sleeves being a bit wide combine with the torso being very straight, rather than tapered just makes the jacket look very square.

I’ll hold onto it for a while, because how often do you see a white perfecto, but will see if I grow to like it

realgone

Familiar Face
Del, I had the exact same Vanson C2 experience, not too long ago.
In fact, you probably tried on the same jacket that I did.
I was also ordering a custom C2 last December. Nothing crazy, just some shorter sleeves and no epaulets. I like the back seam.
Based on my measurements Nick thought I should try a 42, but I have a Vanson Chopper x Union Garage in medium and thought the 42 would be too big.
He said they'd make me a 40 and send it out as a test fit, with an eta of 6-8 weeks.
It took a bit longer, about 12 weeks to arrive, at the end of March 2024.
I was swimming in it.
We took some pics and discussed, and sent it back to Vanson.
I asked if maybe I got a mislabelled 42.
Kim, who is great to deal with btw, emailed back to say it measured as a large 40, really a 41.
I'm wondering if the 40 you got is that same jacket.
The plan was to make a test fit 38 and ship to me, and then if that fit well we could figure out how much to alter.
WIth the first 40 taking a bit longer than anticipated I decided to shelve the c2 plan for now, figuring if the 38 took another 12 weeks, and then another 12 weeks for the final jacket, I'd miss the riding season. Also, I was early in the queue with Langlitz, and didn't need two cross zips showing up at the same time in winter.
Watching your C2 project with a lot of interest.

This is also a very long way of saying that I have a Langlitz Columbia 1947 in the works.

Working on a custom C2 project with Vanson. Trying out some stock models for sizing. This is a 40 with the rayon lining. About 23” chest which is a bit big on me, and .5” bigger than expected from their measurements. Sleeves definitely too long, will probably ask for 1-1.5” off the final make. Really dig the shortness of it.

Thinking I might be between sizes a bit here. Maybe the quilted lining 40 or rayon lining 38 would work better?

Any feedback welcome!

I've only had used Vansons so far, but that makes sense about them relaxing. And totally agree about the back vs the front...

I re-measured and actually get 23.25" chest, whereas the stated 5" ease should give 22.5".

In fact, I asked a few weeks ago and they are looking into it.

I understand where you're coming from. Much like Butterscotch making the decision to use it as their base. But I'd really prefer to use the C2 if I can make it work since all the features and shorter body length are already there

As for leathers, it would be cool if they carried those horsehides again. However, I'm working to get mine made as a prototype in Badalassi.

Last edited:

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Interesting and very looong timelines @realgone

They had the 38 and 40 in stock so the only waiting I had to deal with was shipping back and forth plus a few days for processing all told.

As for the 40 being a “41” I could believe it…the ptp was 23.25 rather than the expected 22.5 from their size chart. Either way the 38 fits better in all respects so glad I went with it.

Going to see how it works without the back seam and 1” shorter sleeves.

Regarding the seam, Kim echoed what @Monitor said. For this jacket it’s about following the curve of the spine. Taking the seam out will take a little space out of the top of the jacket.

However I found it to be quite spacious even at 38. Plus it has the action back. I won’t be riding in it so jacket fatigue from the riding position is much less of a concern for me. So I don’t expect any issues.

Bahabp100

Practically Family

Attachments

• IMG_0999.jpeg
    IMG_0999.jpeg
    637.7 KB · Views: 12
Just had another look and there are actually some stitch lines in the lining, so you’re 100% right there.

I think the sleeves being a bit wide combine with the torso being very straight, rather than tapered just makes the jacket look very square.

I’ll hold onto it for a while, because how often do you see a white perfecto, but will see if I grow to like it

Keep it, at least for a while. I had a pair of insanely well fitting white leather pants that I stupidly sold. Decision I regret ever since because I once combo'd them with a white Johnson Leathers cafe racer and it was an outfit that I loved but wasn't mentally ready for. With the Perfecto, it would've been even cooler.
White leather is spectacular but immune to any connotation usually associated with black leather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jrichards1007