Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

newtojackets

Practically Family
First new jacket in a while for me. Just picked up this white schott perfecto. The tag says it’s a 618, but I haven’t seen this shoulder detailing before. Does anyone have any information?

IMG_8067.jpeg

Viking752

Practically Family
First new jacket in a while for me. Just picked up this white schott perfecto. The tag says it’s a 618, but I haven’t seen this shoulder detailing before. Does anyone have any information?

View attachment 640248
After a bit of research I only found one other white Perfecto online and it did not have the shoulder patches. Based on the label, the Bull label with Schott NYC was used from early to mid 1980’s.
IMG_2099.jpeg

newtojackets

Practically Family
After a bit of research I only found one other white Perfecto online and it did not have the shoulder patches. Based on the label, the Bull label with Schott NYC was used from early to mid 1980’s. View attachment 640569
ah really interesting, thanks! I've seen a few white perfectos online (though not many), and this is the only one I've seen with shoulder patches. Will post more photos once I receive it

newtojackets

Practically Family
The sleeve patches were added afterwards. Beautiful jacket, though.
I considered this, but wouldn't it have been difficultu to get the same shade of white, and to install the stitching going through the lining?

If it was added after, I'm guessing it was professionally done?

I considered this, but wouldn't it have been difficultu to get the same shade of white, and to install the stitching going through the lining?

If it was added after, I'm guessing it was professionally done?

It had to have been a project for sure but yeah, it's doable. White leather like this is quite common, there's a lot of usage for it. If the patches are stitched through the lining, then that's a sure sign they were an afterthought. But even if the stitching is hidden under the lining, it just means the alteration was done with more care. You'd get to the inside of the jacket through the sleeve anyway.

The stitching on the patches looks slightly bit less precise than on the rest of the jacket, thought but that doesn't mean much.

I'm guessing it was done to hide a stitch holes from an earlier patch. Makes no sense to have patches there, otherwise.

The jacket fits you outstandingly in my opinion. It accentuates your shoulders by adding bulk while still looking trim, not boxy... I don't know, I really like this jacket on you. Worth altering the hem, if it bothers you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeLSA