Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

KBlake

One Too Many
IMG_2798.jpeg
IMG_2811.jpeg
IMG_2782.jpeg
This Bates CR fits like a glove, is in excellent almost new condition and the quality is fantastic.

TLW '90

Practically Family
Nothing yet, but I'm looking to add another vest to my closet and am eyeing a couple potential candidates on ebay.

TLW '90

Practically Family
I'm still probably in the market for another vest, but I just snatched up this Pendleton for the princely sum of $15 shipped off Ebay.

the pictures aren't great so I could be missing something, but the measurements listed are good and it's well worth the gamble for that price.
I scored it so cheap that I'll keep looking for another vest whether this one works out or not.

TLW '90

Practically Family
This one was a real gamble because there's no apparent label ( hopefully there's something inside a pocket) but I just thought it was really cool and figured it was worth a gamble for $50 shipped.
I think it's got a talon zipper, but it's another one with less then ideal pictures.

The leather on the inside is pretty stained, but hopefully it'll clean up.

TLW '90

Practically Family
I pulled up the Ebay listing on my laptop ( I'm usually using my phone) and can see that this vest definitely has a talon zipper, it looks to be the late " 50's-90's " type but something tells me that this vest is closer to the 60's than it is to the 1990's.

TLW '90

Practically Family
Well I had found multiple vests on my watchlist and every one of the sellers sent me heavily discounted offers ( maybe vests just aren't moving quickly right now ), the prices were all right on the ones I was interested in most and I couldn't help myself.

I just payed $37 shipped for this one.

I don't know who might have made their goods for them, but as I understand it they were a shop known for decent quality leather wear that they backed by a solid guarantee.

I don't know that I'd ever make use of it, but this " hidden " inside pocket really interested me.

I have no clue whether this would be factory or a customization, as I understand it Leather Odyssey would taylor and customize pieces as desired.

I think I'll go ahead and take the other vests off my watchlist so I'm not tempted with more offers, 3 vests in one day is enough especially with vest wearing weather at least a month away.

Last edited:

veronica.smith

New in Town
I'm trying to cut back with mixed emotions. Lusting after some of the ones I sold a while back, but really trying to not buy any more. I'm such a weirdo. Every time I buy a premium jacket it just sits in the closet and I end up wearing my "beaters" instead. I'm gracefully exiting from the scene, slowly, with some exceptions. There's a hell of a lot one can buy with $700+ that isn't a jacket. At the moment I want a giant model zeppelin to hang from the ceiling. LOL
I mean you are not wrong but if you have gotten it try wearing there's no harm.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Are you married to a Vanson at this point? You have others in your collection that look better on you IMO.
Hah good question. In a way I’m trying to replace my 618. I want to make the jacket in Badalassi with shorter arms and maybe no back seam if it can be done (gasp!). I like the 618 I have a lot but I think this C2 project can be better.

This is intended as just the first in a series of projects with them. Also working with Cal and hope to work with a few others if they let me.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Hah good question. In a way I’m trying to replace my 618. I want to make the jacket in Badalassi with shorter arms and maybe no back seam if it can be done (gasp!). I like the 618 I have a lot but I think this C2 project can be better.

This is intended as just the first in a series of projects with them. Also working with Cal and hope to work with a few others if they let me.
How about a Bates Highwayman? It's slim and short but Langlitz prices. It's very hard to improve upon your existing 618 imo.

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
Well that was quite the delay but here’s the 38 vs 40 comparison on the C2.

View attachment 638818 View attachment 638819

The 38 is still roomy and yeah the arms are kinda big (I’m aiming to get them 1” shorter). But I don’t expect the 36 would be comfortable.
Really like the fit of the 38. I'd only ask for a tighter sleeveopening if the sleevezip is fully closed in the pic. A more "high-end" leather would be a bonus.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
How about a Bates Highwayman? It's slim and short but Langlitz prices. It's very hard to improve upon your existing 618 imo.
Interesting. But I thought Bates prices were really high? In any case I had a vintage one and loved much about it but hated the stiff kidney panel (and the one I had was a little small on me)
Really like the fit of the 38. I'd only ask for a tighter sleeveopening if the sleevezip is fully closed in the pic. A more "high-end" leather would be a bonus.
The right arm sleeve is mostly zipped but not quite all the way, left arm has several inches unzipped I was wearing my watch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1