Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear to go with our jackets

@Monitor
Both are impossible this year - just one is possible. Yes, Darklands Berlin do have my size but now I'm torn whether I should go for another (unique) Thedi or for another black pair of shoes after getting the black Clinch Jodhpur (my personal grail boots).

Let me tell you why I ultimately decided to start spending serious money on CCP, whilst always holding back on anything else.

Thedi makes an absolute top of the line jacket but it is only as unique as long as nobody else spec's it the same.

I know how inconsequential this ultimately is as it's all just marketing anyhow - But! - I feel that if I'm going to drop nearly two thousand Euros on something, even though I know it's not going to be truly special, I want it to have the best lore on the market. I need it to gaslite me into insanity and this is something CCP does hella well.

Lol anyway, albeit similar enough to be categorized under the same style code, every line of (nearly) anything CCP counts a couple of dozen or so pieces, each individually numbered with every subsequent drop differentiating from the rest. But that's just the beginning of the madness - In example, the variations between seemingly identical products are also often unique to the specific CCP dealership, which means that even if, say, a certain style of boots shares the same model number across all dealerships, the pair you bought from, say, Darklands, might still not be exactly the same as the pair you would've gotten from Library1994 or Samsa G.

For instance, these are last years Culatta derbies....
b447bf5c639e475fa4d3ba5ec07a6b48

And these are the current ones.
carol_christian_poell_derby_sh_1658601629_dbbccbec_progressive.jpg

Does this utterly groundbreaking switch of the direction of the stretch-marks matters? Same as a Talon vs Crown zipper, I guess. :D

I am no expert but Clinch does things the same way, making some alteration to their wonderful boots with each new year.

However, there's another important perspective from which to look at the matter!

Buying a Thedi will get you an objectively expensive looking, sleek, stunning leather jacket that no doubt screams quality and workmanship while frankly, for the majority of people, this CCP stuff... Won't. Especially not the footwear that looks like something you ought to have retired years ago.

I've had people subtly recommending me a good brand of shoes after taking notice of my CCP's and I honestly couldn't bring myself to explain that I've paid over $1500 for them - Primarily because I didn't know how to justify this to myself.

But I still love them! :D

So there's that, too.

But I nearly forgot: Robbie, if I remember correctly, you take a more common shoe size, right? Meaning that unlike me & my size 12 feet, you can easily take advantage of the pre-owned CCP market!
CCP Discord channel has a very active buy/sell section so you shouldn't have much trouble finding something in your size that you like. I can hook you up with the links if you want.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Let me tell you why I ultimately decided to start spending serious money on CCP, whilst always holding back on anything else.

Thedi makes an absolute top of the line jacket but it is only as unique as long as nobody else spec's it the same.

I know how inconsequential this ultimately is as it's all just marketing anyhow - But! - I feel that if I'm going to drop nearly two thousand Euros on something, even though I know it's not going to be truly special, I want it to have the best lore on the market. I need it to gaslite me into insanity and this is something CCP does hella well.

Lol anyway, albeit similar enough to be categorized under the same style code, every line of (nearly) anything CCP counts a couple of dozen or so pieces, each individually numbered with every subsequent drop differentiating from the rest. But that's just the beginning of the madness - In example, the variations between seemingly identical products are also often unique to the specific CCP dealership, which means that even if, say, a certain style of boots shares the same model number across all dealerships, the pair you bought from, say, Darklands, might still not be exactly the same as the pair you would've gotten from Library1994 or Samsa G.

For instance, these are last years Culatta derbies....
b447bf5c639e475fa4d3ba5ec07a6b48

And these are the current ones.
carol_christian_poell_derby_sh_1658601629_dbbccbec_progressive.jpg

Does this utterly groundbreaking switch of the direction of the stretch-marks matters? Same as a Talon vs Crown zipper, I guess. :D

I am no expert but Clinch does things the same way, making some alteration to their wonderful boots with each new year.

However, there's another important perspective from which to look at the matter!

Buying a Thedi will get you an objectively expensive looking, sleek, stunning leather jacket that no doubt screams quality and workmanship while frankly, for the majority of people, this CCP stuff... Won't. Especially not the footwear that looks like something you ought to have retired years ago.

I've had people subtly recommending me a good brand of shoes after taking notice of my CCP's and I honestly couldn't bring myself to explain that I've paid over $1500 for them - Primarily because I didn't know how to justify this to myself.

But I still love them! :D

So there's that, too.

But I nearly forgot: Robbie, if I remember correctly, you take a more common shoe size, right? Meaning that unlike me & my size 12 feet, you can easily take advantage of the pre-owned CCP market!
CCP Discord channel has a very active buy/sell section so you shouldn't have much trouble finding something in your size that you like. I can hook you up with the links if you want.
I‘m The really tempted but I already have too many shoes and boots and I already have my grail boots (Clinch Jodhpur) which are timeless and I‘m not sure if I will still like the CCP in a couple of years. As far as the Thedi jacket is concerned I decided not to order right now. Anyway thanks again for offering to send links to me.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Red Wing Pecos.

Ordered Thursday, delivered Friday. An impulse buy after they were unavailable for quite some time over here.

Leather („Brown Boomer“) is an easy marking, juicy pull-up variety with the Color appearing anything in between a chocolate brown (think dark-brown Horween CXL) and a caramel tone.

A bit too my surprise, I am VERY pleased. Fit couldn’t be better (easily my best fitting pull-on boots straight out of the box), they are super pleasant to walk in, and the style and Color pretty much goes with anything in my wardrobe.
I know that RW does not get unqualified love in these parts, but if you like them, these are a real gem.

Sizing: the last is narrower than the IR, Beckmann, Blacksmith, but I got an „E“ width which pretty much negates that. I went with the same size as my IR.

IMG_9482.jpeg
IMG_9480.jpeg

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
Red Wing Pecos.

Ordered Thursday, delivered Friday. An impulse buy after they were unavailable for quite some time over here.

Leather („Brown Boomer“) is an easy marking, juicy pull-up variety with the Color appearing anything in between a chocolate brown (think dark-brown Horween CXL) and a caramel tone.

A bit too my surprise, I am VERY pleased. Fit couldn’t be better (easily my best fitting pull-on boots straight out of the box), they are super pleasant to walk in, and the style and Color pretty much goes with anything in my wardrobe.
I know that RW does not get unqualified love in these parts, but if you like them, these are a real gem.

Sizing: the last is narrower than the IR, Beckmann, Blacksmith, but I got an „E“ width which pretty much negates that. I went with the same size as my IR.

View attachment 630857 View attachment 630858
They look very cool - may I ask how easy they are to get on and off?

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
They look very cool - may I ask how easy they are to get on and off?

EXTREMELY easy, yet I don’t have any noticeable heel-slip.

I guess, I am just lucky, that this model is a perfect fit. As discussed when you bought the Lofgrens, these are boots I just couldn’t get on/off. Mr Lous are a very good fit too, but with a more pronounced heel-slip until the sole is fully broken in.

Of course, I am still honeymooning, but it seems the Pecos are bang on my sweet spot: more comfy than Engineers, more sturdy and better to walk bigger distances than my Cowboy boots.

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
EXTREMELY easy, yet I don’t have any noticeable heel-slip.

I guess, I am just lucky, that this model is a perfect fit. As discussed when you bought the Lofgrens, these are boots I just couldn’t get on/off. Mr Lous are a very good fit too, but with a more pronounced heel-slip until the sole is fully broken in.

Of course, I am still honeymooning, but it seems the Pecos are bang on my sweet spot: more comfy than Engineers, more sturdy and better to walk bigger distances than my Cowboy boots.
This is awesome news - full disclosure I just got excited and ordered some in my usual RW size - I'll have to see how they fit and if the dreaded heel slip can be eliminated

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
Bumping the thread with info that the RW Pecos did not work out as well for me as @Tom71 - fantastic boots but just dont work for my feet.

To console myself after this and other recent footwear related failiures/learning experiences (see my FS thread for more info) - I took possession today of these fantastic Zerrows Type One engineers. I got them after a lot of back and forth with Jamie from East West Apparel, and he really could not have been more helpful and accomodating.

They are in natural CXL using their flat toe last, they have a nice feeling instep, a very snug yet comfy feel with minimal heel slip, are relatively easy to get on and off, and most importantly of all they look really cool. The Zerrows packaging is also fantastic with a nice leather keyring and a pair of extra branded leather insoles if you need to dial in the fit a bit more. Here's some day one pics after an extended period of careful testing.

PXL_20240816_094816242~2.jpg
PXL_20240816_094828459~2.jpg

Last edited:

Khilij

One of the Regulars
Placed an order for some boots from Bordon Colombia last year. The wait time is longer than I'm used to, but it should be worth it. I got an email saying they are being heeled. I really like the communication from this maker. Has anyone else ordered from Bordon? I know there have been some reviews on Reddit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mads