Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

I want a dog, but cannot have one right now.

I've got a few years on you Tom, and best advice I can give you is...get a dog.

Yeah, we're all corn-fed up here.

You did say you lived in Wisconsin right? :p

I'm portly enough as it is, thank you very much :p

Stated that way, it sounds like if you would pack on the pounds your odds would go up.

I had a neighbor who reminded me of her a lot lol

For some reason when I think of Wisconsin women Stuart's mom from Mad TV comes to mind. :p

Yes. I'm 6'1 and 225 or so. Those aren't tough numbers for a lady to fall under lol

Are you referring to height or weight?

I've had the same recurring problem with women lately. I meet them, we hit it off. We start talking a lot, whether in person, on the phone, texting, etc. Suddenly, they're gone, I try to reach them, to no reply. I still see them posting on the Facebook and such, so I know they still exist. I feel as though I become invisible.

I'd call it a fluke, but it's happened with 3 or 4 women in the past 2 months.

Yeah, we're all corn-fed up here.

I'm portly enough as it is, thank you very much :p

I had a neighbor who reminded me of her a lot lol

Yes. I'm 6'1 and 225 or so. Those aren't tough numbers for a lady to fall under lol

I've had the same recurring problem with women lately. I meet them, we hit it off. We start talking a lot, whether in person, on the phone, texting, etc. Suddenly, they're gone, I try to reach them, to no reply. I still see them posting on the Facebook and such, so I know they still exist. I feel as though I become invisible.

Corn fed is not the same as lard fed. :p

You knew Stuart's mom and you wonder why you have flaky women out there? lol lol lol

Justin B

One Too Many

Yeah, this has happened to me the last couple times I bothered trying to date. It's not just you.

There's flaky women everywhere. I like to think there's just as many good ones, but I'm not finding them.

I am not sure where you are looking but it seems to be in the wrong place. You have to find people who have your same value system. Nowadays, that is going to be hard so look in areas where they congregate. I know you attend mass. I would become more involved there and see if they have groups for people your age there. Just a thought……

Yeah, this has happened to me the last couple times I bothered trying to date. It's not just you.

I think you have the same problem as Tom. Look where the right ones are. Finding someone who thinks like you is a good thing. If I had someone who was on the other side of my values it would drive me nuts and drive a wedge between us. I love my wife. She is more stringent in her beliefs than I am in some cases. :p It makes me laugh when I am taken to the extreme. :p

Well, at least it isn't me. One gal I met just posted a status that says "Looking for people to talk to."
Funny, as I've tried to contact you twice this week, to no avail...

I am constantly looking for women to meet at mass. The vast majority of females at my church are either ten years younger, or fifty years older. The few in my age group are young wives with children.

Appears I've missed the boat and they've all married off.

I am not sure where you are looking but it seems to be in the wrong place. You have to find people who have your same value system. Nowadays, that is going to be hard so look in areas where they congregate. I know you attend mass. I would become more involved there and see if they have groups for people your age there. Just a thought……

Well, at least it isn't me. One gal I met just posted a status that says "Looking for people to talk to."

I am constantly looking for women to meet at mass. The vast majority of females at my church are either ten years younger, or fifty years older. The few in my age group are young wives with children.

That broad is a nut. Consider yourself lucky that you didn’t get wrapped up there. Run away fast!

There will be one along eventually. You have plenty of time to wait. No use compromising with the first thing you find. You can be very picky at your age. In another ten years then not so much. :p

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
So you do want ten then. Ok I figured. :p

:rolleyes:

Facebook. Definitely not the best place to communicate, despite it being "social." It's more about those who want attention, but want to give very little in return. Personally, I don't hear from the "friends" I have there very often. Thinking of deleting mine, as it's getting to be a huge drain on my time with nothing to show for it.

:rolleyes:

Facebook. Definitely not the best place to communicate, despite it being "social." It's more about those who want attention, but want to give very little in return. Personally, I don't hear from the "friends" I have there very often. Thinking of deleting mine, as it's getting to be a huge drain on my time with nothing to show for it.

You send time on Facebook? A huge drain?! WHY?! I spend about ten minutes a day at the most. lol lol lol Most of the time I spend there is because of some people I know here. :p

Time to start brushing up on your Russian.;)

Seriously though man, you're still plenty young to worry about it. Right now a 10 year difference is a big deal (probably a felony) but in 10 more years it won't be anything. Take time now to build your business and get your financial ducks in a row (which will all be for naught a few years into marriage anyway). Drink some beer and sew some oats while you can. I was 34 when I got married, and my newest daughter was born a month before I turned 47. You got plenty of time.

There are some pretty hot redheads in Russia, though, and they'd love to marry an Amercanski and move here. Just a thought.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Time to start brushing up on your Russian.;)

Seriously though man, you're still plenty young to worry about it. Right now a 10 year difference is a big deal (probably a felony) but in 10 more years it won't be anything. Take time now to build your business and get your financial ducks in a row (which will all be for naught a few years into marriage anyway). Drink some beer and sew some oats while you can. I was 34 when I got married, and my newest daughter was born a month before I turned 47. You got plenty of time.

There are some pretty hot redheads in Russia, though, and they'd love to marry an Amercanski and move here. Just a thought.

That is true. You can always marry someone ten years younger than you in the long run so there is no rush. Then you will be one of those people ready for the ones that are too young for you now. :p
I dunno about the Russian bride thing though. I have heard some horror stories. You know, things like married to the mob…..:doh:
47?! Geez and I thought I was old when my boys were born. lol lol Is she ten years younger than you or twenty? :p

Well, I originally met her on a dating site.

Not my preferred way to meet women, but I don't like going to the bars, or the kind of women you meet in them.

You're right, though.

Green card marriage, eh? I don't know about that lol

That is true. You can always marry someone ten years younger than you in the long run so there is no rush. Then you will be one of those people ready for the ones that are too young for you now. :p
I dunno about the Russian bride thing though. I have heard some horror stories. You know, things like married to the mob…..:doh:
47?! Geez and I thought I was old when my boys were born. lol lol Is she ten years younger than you or twenty? :p

12 - it's worked out o.k. so far

Green card marriage, eh? I don't know about that lol

I really shouldn't joke around about stuff like that. The poverty and living conditions in the rural areas over there are unbelievable. There's a lot of girls who would marry anybody who they halfway thought would give them a better life. And God help any children they might happen to have if the new husband doesn't want them around. That's how one of my daughters ended up at my house.

I really shouldn't joke around about stuff like that. The poverty and living conditions in the rural areas over there are unbelievable. There's a lot of girls who would marry anybody who they halfway thought would give them a better life. And God help any children they might happen to have if the new husband doesn't want them around. That's how one of my daughters ended up at my house.

Anastasia.com eh? :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conley