Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Thanks so much! It was trashed when I moved in there! I still need to replace the floor. I don't like carpet in my kitchen!

Flooring is not all that hard to do, if you have never done it before ask me and I can tell you what to use and how to use it, tool wise and everything, it is not hard if you just cut the materials the right way and use molding on the edge on the floor itself. I would advise against any of these "self stick" cheap plastic type floor tiles. Wood, or real ceramic tile is a better choice, and if you shop for things that are on clearance, you can save yourself some money. Just looking at the picture, you should be able to do the entire floor for about $650.00 if you do your own work. You would need access to tools. For wood floor, table saw with nice thin sharp blade, miter saw, things to do the cutting. Some newer type wood floors basically snap together. Ceramic, you need a wet saw, tile snippers, drill motor for screwing down fiber board to put on Ceramic, a point end trowel, sponge and float and a spreader for the mortor quickset and for the grout. Let me know if you need any help, I can sure guide you through it even over the phone.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I finally know what version of Pistol Packin' Mama was playing in Cry-Baby :D Gawsh this forum is helpful! Everybody enjoy:

[video=youtube;XAU2Zbc-iu8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAU2Zbc-iu8[/video]

Thanks for the info and the offer! I will take you up on that, if I do it. I have an interested party in the building, so I may not have to do it!

Flooring is not all that hard to do, if you have never done it before ask me and I can tell you what to use and how to use it, tool wise and everything, it is not hard if you just cut the materials the right way and use molding on the edge on the floor itself. I would advise against any of these "self stick" cheap plastic type floor tiles. Wood, or real ceramic tile is a better choice, and if you shop for things that are on clearance, you can save yourself some money. Just looking at the picture, you should be able to do the entire floor for about $650.00 if you do your own work. You would need access to tools. For wood floor, table saw with nice thin sharp blade, miter saw, things to do the cutting. Some newer type wood floors basically snap together. Ceramic, you need a wet saw, tile snippers, drill motor for screwing down fiber board to put on Ceramic, a point end trowel, sponge and float and a spreader for the mortor quickset and for the grout. Let me know if you need any help, I can sure guide you through it even over the phone.

rue

James LOVES my green kitchen!
GEDC1003.jpg

lol

I love it, because it looks homey and welcoming :D

Great kitchen, Tom! Mine is taupe with one orange wall that has a huge clock on it :p

Rue, I can't wait to see your kitchen. I loved the pictures of your last house!

Your kitchen sounds cute C-dot!

Rue has awesome taste. I can't wait either.

Thanks you two for the compliments!!!

We should have him fed ex a "picnic basket", if nothing else, filled with them goodies to eat!

..But then you would miss the most interesting conversation. We discussed the weather..how everything is going to hell in a handbasket..what a wife should do...all while sitting around on the deck in our skivees..:becky:

Last edited:

rue

We should have him fed ex a "picnic basket", if nothing else, filled with them goodies to eat!

Good idea :D

Making some chili tonight. First time I'm cooking in a long time.

Sounds great V.C.!

..But then you would miss the most interesting conversation. We discussed the weather..how everything is going to hell in a handbasket..what a wife should do...all while sitting around on the deck in our skivees..:becky:

:rofl:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiredGun