Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Jabos

A-List Customer
rlk said:
3831111617_666a57fb95_o.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ssPageName=ADME:L:COSI:US:1123#ht_5116wt_1105
That is a great looking hat. I might just have to commission Art to make a clone for me sometime (I say that about all the great hats I see!);)

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
M_Jones said:
Ha ha! I won me a cowboy hat! :D :D

Now about the bump in the brim, good cowboy hats don't have them do they? I guess I'll need to cut it off......
Whew. Looking forward to more pix of that hat. Whew.
That's gonna be one to talk about.

Cut away, I dare ya. It's your sleepless nights.

And about time you got a cowboy hat ;-)

M_Jones

One of the Regulars
Thanks everybody! :D

I figured half the lounge was watching this one.

ScottF-I am curious as to the actual size as well (though from what I understand the measurements should work out for me) and no worries, I figured you would be bidding on it as this is right up your alley. You got the tan Knox Twenty I drove the price up on a while ago so we're even. ;)

Rlk-I don’t suppose the photos tricked anyone into thinking it was a woman’s hat? I’ll wear this hat upside down as long as it fits.

Michaelshane-Thank you sir, I believe so as well. :)

Carouselvic-High praise coming from a man with quite the collection, thank you.

Lefty-As the man who keeps tabs on just about every hat on the market I am honored to have my hat make your list.

Jimmy the lid-High praise indeed. I know that if the hat was a size or two larger I wouldn’t have had a chance. lol

BobC-Thank you. It’s no Whippet though is it? :D ;)

Feltfan-Thank you! After sleeping on it I think I might end up keeping that bump; it is part of the hat after all. But if it is going to fit in at the rodeo I may need to find some dirt...

I will have to do a complete photo essay of this fine hat once I get back stateside which regrettably will not be until mid November or so. I have always wanted to handle Knapp felt and now I will.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
I've come to a decision that I think is reasonable to understand. There are no hats to be posted in future with a circumference below 23 inches from here on in...okay?...I am being understood? Unter 59cm = Verboten!

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Congrats on that Homburg, Bill! Looks like a very nice lid. If it comes to Homburgers, I prefer gray over black. Nice find! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Woodfluter said:
I got that one! Shipped and am awaiting its arrival. My first homburg. I couldn't let it vanish at that price. Thanks for the date estimate Brad!

- Bill

babs

A-List Customer
Man whoever these guys where in the last minute bid war on this brown resistol obviously could see the potential for this nice hat despite the less-than-optimum photo's.

I was really hoping it'd be a sleeper so I could swoop in, but in those last few minutes I said "yelp!!" and ran back up on the porch. hehehe :) Though I think it fetched a fair price. I think it'll be a nice hat.. Whoever won it, please do report:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370244386187&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Mario

I'll Lock Up
I feel sorry for you - that really looks like a fine Resistol. I got outbid on so many hats lately - I really know that feeling. :(
But don't let your hat(he!) hang down - that really gorgeous vintage lid with that fantastic felt in your size for almost nothing is already waiting for you! Go and grab it! :D

babs said:
I was really hoping it'd be a sleeper so I could swoop in, but in those last few minutes I said "yelp!!" and ran back up on the porch. hehehe :) Though I think it fetched a fair price. I think it'll be a nice hat.. Whoever won it, please do report:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370244386187&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

babs

A-List Customer
Ah I won't lose sleep on it, but thanks.. I was more entertained by the final second bidding actually as I had already thrown in the towel. It's amazing some of the hats get noticed, and some don't.

As a newb, I get the impression the larger 2" plus brims in more recognized names with quote/unquote 40's styling typically get jumped on. Some very nice stingy's I've seen go for nothing.

I certainly wouldn't have had the bug but after winning/receiving that old Dunlap and the heavens opened up and the angels sang and I said, "And behold, he saw vintage felt, And he saw that it was good".

hehehe :)

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
babs said:
Man whoever these guys where in the last minute bid war on this brown resistol obviously could see the potential for this nice hat despite the less-than-optimum photo's.

I think someone got a very nice hat. I also planned on bidding, but had to deal with a lost hat shipped to Canada :( (somewhat validating my policy of not shipping to Canada).
The seller of the Resistol sent the following to me last week: "I looked at it pretty close, and i didn't see any little holes or moth bite anywhere."

Dreispitz

One Too Many
babs said:

Was not me! :mad:

My condolences!

rlk

I'll Lock Up
babs said:

My apologies, I'm the guilty one. I have a very similar one in gray and the 7-1/4 is just a tad snug so I figured the 7-3/8 should be fine. If this was a Stetson you could easily double its price on eBay.

Woodfluter

Practically Family
rlk said:
My apologies, I'm the guilty one. I have a very similar one in gray and the 7-1/4 is just a tad snug so I figured the 7-3/8 should be fine. If this was a Stetson you could easily double its price on eBay.

Good catch RLK! I do believe I would have bid on that one if I'd found it.

- Bill

rlk

I'll Lock Up
ScottF said:
I think someone got a very nice hat. I also planned on bidding, but had to deal with a lost hat shipped to Canada :( (somewhat validating my policy of not shipping to Canada).
The seller of the Resistol sent the following to me last week: "I looked at it pretty close, and i didn't see any little holes or moth bite anywhere."
Woodfluter said:
Good catch RLK! I do believe I would have bid on that one if I'd found it.

- Bill
Seems an amazing bit of fortune that I won this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe