Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
rlk said:
3824482157_8f9d4a5fce_o.jpg
3823037823_f87c581f02_o.jpg
3824465671_75ee13edc4_o.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...510223&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_4457wt_941
"self-conforming" trade mark 1934, resistol 1930, no Rolby trade mark. ROLnickBYer? "Grand de Prix"?

Is it really the lavender color appearing in the photos?!

Spats McGee

One Too Many
A victory & a grumble.

I wear a 7 1/2. The really great deals on ebay always seem to be in smaller sizes. After two years of watching the hat listings, I don't usually bother with ebay any more. This weekend, I've camped on it. I've lost on 6 auctions since Friday.

Today, I spotted this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180397440955&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

It was in the "Cowboy, Western" section of Vintage. Clearly, it's out of place . . . and only $8! I got all excited, and put down an $8 bid, thinking that, if I bid, at least that'll sort it out from the umpteen other hats on my Watch List. It's only after I confirm the bid that it dawns on me that I don't know what size it is. . . Of course, it's a seven . . . and it's the only auction all weekend that ends without a flurry of last-minute activity.

So I end the weekend by buying a hat that won't fit. :eusa_doh:

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
The silver lining

That's a great buy Spats! Beautiful hat and original box too by the look of it.

I'm sensing an opportunity to turn a profit! Stick it in the Classifieds.

Spats McGee

One Too Many
No question but that the price was right, but assuming that the seller got the size right, it'll never fit. That being the case, I have every intention of either selling it or trading it through the classifieds here. Whether the hat and the box remain together or part ways remains to be seen.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
swell, blue Penn Craft 7 1/2 homburg for cheap. Big hats seem to be going for lower prices the last few days.

So, why Penn Craft? Was this a more formal line from a time when the Stetson name was aiming youthful campaigns at returning soldiers? -or is this more of a 30s hat?

292612482_tp.jpg

292612655_tp.jpg

292612781_tp.jpg

Mario

I'll Lock Up

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
If you're asking if it's a homburg or snap-brim, the answer is that it's a snap-brim. A wonderful hat at a great price, too.

Brad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe