Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
billyspew said:
And another Adams... got it for 5.51!

!B(14Nn!!2k~$(KGrHgoOKjwEjlLmS!t7BKeZ(MD0gg~~_35.JPG

I will be sure to post detailed pics in Adam Alley when they both arrive.

Nice score.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Aureliano said:
I was just outbid and lost this beauty. Hope a lounger got it. I'm mad though. I really wanted it. :(

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320408476402

If you don't have a Knox Twenty, and find one in nice condition, I don't think you'll be disappointed by bidding a bit more. I paid 4x that for one in pristine condition and have no regrets. The felt is thick but very soft, and all aspects of the hat are very high quality. The one you posted the link to even has the fancy button cover and a foil size tag.

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
billyspew said:
There were two Pacesetters in that size last month, but keep an eye out they are out there and very commonly mis-listed.

guess I must pay more attention , how could I have overlooked them?..:eusa_doh: :eek:

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ditto what Garrett said, but I was surprised that it went as high as it did. Another factor is the color, I think. I haven't seen many gray or blue/gray OR's. Another, and the obvious factor, is that someone wanted it enough to pay the price to get it. I hope the winner enjoys it and wears it in health.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Dinerman said:
Brand name and model name.

I think it may be more than that -- although these factors certainly are part of it. This lid looks to be in absolutely excellent condition. Almost looks like this one could be an open crown that was simply bashed for the auction photos. So, super condition, unique liner, possibility of a blue/gray color -- all of that adds up to a lid that may well be worth paying a bit more for. ;)

Cheers,
JtL

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
munchausen said:
I was watching that hat but had decided to go for a black/dark navy Stetson St Regis. But I still like yours very muchly.

I didn't win it, just thought I'd post it. It was my size, but I decided against bidding.

Looks like you got a couple of nice hats, though.

Brad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe