Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

volatile

A-List Customer
DoctorJ said:
Wormser
121bowler.jpg

Churchill (blue!)
236098296_tp.jpg
236098924_tp.jpg

Yes please.

Good finds, that brown one is a looker!

buler

I'll Lock Up
buler said:
How about a Stetson Royal Deluxe St. Regis with a pair of matching gloves. Will share more when I receive it.

B

3308888741_8298bb98d3_o.jpg

This went back to the seller. Under the brim there were some spots of some substance stuck to the felt. Also a stain on top of the crown. I wasn't up for a project hat, so it may show up on the bay again.

B

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
How 'bout this nice looking Cocoa Biltmore Panama? I almost pulled the trigger on this one. Now seeing that it went untouched, I'm sorry I didn't......

How does that go, "He who hesitates is lost". How true. :eusa_doh:[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they'll re-list it, Bolt.

tinmanzzz

A-List Customer
Attn Bolt & Garrett

Garrett said:
How 'bout this nice looking Cocoa Biltmore Panama? I almost pulled the trigger on this one. Now seeing that it went untouched, I'm sorry I didn't......

How does that go, "He who hesitates is lost". How true. :eusa_doh:

I'm sure they'll re-list it, Bolt.[/QUOTE]

FYI I bought one in a 7 5/8's. Nice hat. Well made. Needed a little reshaping to suit me, but no problems.:)
Seller is very professional.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
This is one of the rarest hats to ever cross the 'bay. Though the Stetson 3 way seems to be pretty much just a gimmick on a Whippet, it's still a Whippet with a pretty neat box.
dsp_img_2377.jpg
dsp_img_2376.jpg

Here are two 1941 ads. I think the second one probably just fell off one of the boxes.
stetson1941.jpg

various3.jpg

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lefty said:
This is one of the rarest hats to ever cross the 'bay. Though the Stetson 3 way seems to be pretty much just a gimmick on a Whippet, it's still a Whippet with a pretty neat box.
I know others (hi JP) have these on the site, so I'll let them
weigh in on whether it's just a "gimmick on a Whippet". I suspect
not, and caution against judging all wide brim binding Stetsons to
be Whippets.

But more importantly, Lefty, if you aren't going to bid on
these "biggies" for low prices, drop me a line!

carter

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
dsp_img_2377.jpg
dsp_img_2376.jpg

Here are two 1941 ads. I think the second one probably just fell off one of the boxes.
stetson1941.jpg

various3.jpg
Totally missed that one. I have the box without the hat. :( [huh]

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
feltfan said:
I know others (hi JP) have these on the site, so I'll let them
weigh in on whether it's just a "gimmick on a Whippet". I suspect
not, and caution against judging all wide brim binding Stetsons to
be Whippets.

But more importantly, Lefty, if you aren't going to bid on
these "biggies" for low prices, drop me a line!

Darn! My wide-brim-binding-Stetson prejudice is showing. I've really been trying to hide it, but they all look the same to me. Vogues, Whippets, Three-Ways - who can tell? A Whippet with the brim up is still a Whippet. ;)

I thought that one would double in the last few moments. It sat at 65 or so for much of the week and barely got a bump at the end. I wasn't really interested in bidding, so I didn't ask the two big questions: (1) is the hat actually a three way (show me an inside shot), and (2) are the marks that look like moth damage dust, or real problems.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Without express, written permission, your "move" is a violation of the Stetson Three Way copyright and legal action may be taken against you. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwrg