Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Gilgamark said:
Who beat me for this?

By the way, I thought this thread was for completed auctions (see header) not for pointing people toward ongoing auctions.

I posted about that hat the moment the auction ended. I had the message all written up during the auction. Don't worry, there's no steering here.

DoctorJ

Familiar Face

carter

I'll Lock Up
I just snagged this $35.00 BIN Montecristi still in the box.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...K:MEWNX:IT&item=130291292308#ebayphotohosting

Garrett, That's a terrific box of hats. The 1st Mossant looks very good. The 2nd Mossant should clean up into a nice fedora. A repouncing may really help that Port Said. I have a Borsalino Stockman that was in similar condition. It looks very good after JP cleaned, pounced, and reblocked it. Marc should be ashamed of the abuse he heaped on that Stetson.

Dagwood

Practically Family
Obviously, not an everyday hat. In almost flawless condition. Posted in honor of Mr. Chevalier:
pict01262.jpg
pict0125h.jpg

pict01232.jpg
pict01242.jpg

DoctorJ

Familiar Face
Stumbled across this yesterday. It was selling for $10 with less than 3 minutes to go, so i let impulse guide my fate. (a sound philosophy if I ever heard one)

42e3_1.JPG
371d_1.JPG

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
He also said it was a derby bowler so consider the source when thinking about accuracy of his dating. 1906 seems a bit early for that style.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I agree, but I haven't seen anyone just make up an exact figure. Usually, bowler = 1890s, 1900s, 1910s, or 1920s in listings. 1906 is so arbitrary that it makes me curious.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I agree....

Garrett said:
He also said it was a derby bowler so consider the source when thinking about accuracy of his dating. 1906 seems a bit early for that style.
....but it's still a super lid, one I wouldn't mind owning....too bad it was even too small to stretch though. [huh]

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
rlk said:
I took a chance, it has no liner but supposedly no moth problems. Also unsure of the size. It was listed in Ladies Hats 1946-1967. At least I live within an easy drive of Optimo. I'll post when it arrives.

Good for you! I watched that one and almost gave you a fight for it. For all my hats, I don't own a Cavanagh. But I do have a lot of greys...

Looking forward to seeing what you got. I think it's a great hat just wanting for a brushing and steam shaping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88