Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
and then there's this really nice, Ohio sold Stetson Premier Panama in 7 1/4 long oval
c10e_12.JPG
bf03_12.JPG

!BNVS74QBWk~$(KGrHgoH-C4EjlLlyhrPBJpE5yoJJw~~_12.JPG
bcfa_12.JPG

Jabos

A-List Customer
This one will be joining my family. I've been waiting for a Strat for quite a while, since I bought the brown Royal Stetson from Johnnyphi. I already have a box and a pin for it. I've been waiting for the right Strat to go with them. It's about more than I can do to keep from jumping up and down.

I've been away so my congrats is delayed, but congrats Bob on the Strat!!!! I was watching that one with envy. What a beaut!!!! You will have to post pics. :eusa_clap

carter

I'll Lock Up
Tango Yankee said:
I did, too. Well, kinda. The posts about the 3-way brought back bad memories. :eek:

Cheers,
Tom
OUCH!
Tom, Mine was given to me by Jimmy Pierce so it avoided a shipping disaster. It's not as nice as the one sold but it is functional.

jtl said:
The ad states that over two million Playboys had been sold at that time. I wonder how many survived and are sitting on shelves, in closets, garages, attics, etc. today.

Lefty said:
I have two Shudde Bros. OR clones and they are very nice felts. However neither is 7X Clear Beaver Quality. That is a wonderful hat.

Michealshane, That's a terrific Stetson Premier. Congratulations.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
carter said:
[FONT=

I have two Shudde Bros. OR clones and they are very nice felts. However neither is 7X Clear Beaver Quality. That is a wonderful hat.
[/FONT]

Which quality designations are yours, Carter?

bolthead

I Really Wanted This One.....

This Orvis, I wanted it bad, but unfortunately I don't have pay pal and the seller wouldn't budge. I pretty much begged her to accept a postal money order, but she wouldn't. :rage:

3470_1.JPG
45a7_1.JPG
5412_1.JPG
!BN)8nZ!!2k~$(KGrHgoOKjcEjlLmYdDjBJrYEqBGtg~~_1.JPG

Rick Blaine

bolthead said:
This Orvis, I wanted it bad, but unfortunately I don't have pay pal and the seller wouldn't budge. I pretty much begged her to accept a postal money order, but she wouldn't. :rage:

3470_1.JPG
45a7_1.JPG
5412_1.JPG
!BN)8nZ!!2k~$(KGrHgoOKjcEjlLmYdDjBJrYEqBGtg~~_1.JPG

If it makes ya' feel any better, it is a dyna-felt & not fur felt. I do love the vents though!

carter

I'll Lock Up
Garrett said:
Which quality designations are yours, Carter?
Garrett, The quality designation on the better of my two is Beaver Deluxe. The liner is sewn in and there is a protector (not oilskin) over the logo in the crown. The felt feels most like a Borsalino Alessandria I have that dates to the 1930's. The felt has a suede-like feel. I believe this is the older of the two.
3344536419_94e03936ea_m.jpg
3345375072_1be0c2c150_m.jpg
3345373728_db9b3948cb_m.jpg

The other has no stamped or printed designation on either the sweatband or the liner and there are no tags behind the sweatband. The liner is glued and there is no protector in the crown.
3344537819_52e188379f_m.jpg
3344533859_9934a900a6_m.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
carter said:
OUCH!

The ad states that over two million Playboys had been sold at that time. I wonder how many survived and are sitting on shelves, in closets, garages, attics, etc. today.

As far as the Playboy ad goes -- that's two million Playboys sold as of 1940! I wonder how many more were sold over the next two decades! Incidentally, I also love the fact that, in 1940, these lids were available in "over 30 attractive shades..." :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

carter

I'll Lock Up
Garrett said:
Can you post a few photos of the 30's Borsalino?
Garrett, The hat is at Jimmy Pierce's shop having the sweatband resewn. I'll post pictures when I get it back.
BTW, I showed the hat to Joe Peters at Peter Bros. Hats in Ft. Worth yesterday. Both he and Jimmy date the hat to the late 20's or early 30's based on the liner.

BobC

Jabos said:
I've been away so my congrats is delayed, but congrats Bob on the Strat!!!! I was watching that one with envy. What a beaut!!!! You will have to post pics. :eusa_clap

Thanks, Jabos, I will post pics, but I haven't received a ship notification yet. I'll give it another day or two before I contact the seller. I'm very ready to get my hands on this one.

DoctorJ

Familiar Face
I cant believe that Adam/Panama listing! Aaargh

Lefty said:
nice size 7 Royal Stetson
9862_12.JPG
8cf1_12.JPG

this store branded Adam was under the radar because it was listed as a panama
225919161_tp.jpg
225919249_tp.jpg
225918884_tp.jpg

Don't you love it when they screw up on eBay and you catch it! I came across a Dobbs a few months ago...there was one small picture, but the rest of the page was displaying completely as HTML code. I copied the page and pasted it into Dreamweaver as if I were creating a new web page, and it all magically displayed perfectly. I won the auction, being the only bidder, and felt super sluethey!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88