Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

rumblefish

One Too Many
carter said:
No bids on a size 7 Carlson Craftsmen Baku straw. (Baku straw comes from Ceylon.) I'd have been in the hunt on this one if it was a lot larger. Someone with a size 7 should contact the seller. Nice hat.
ae98_3.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ndexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

I just received this in the mail. It turns out it's labeled a 7 1/4, but it has shrunk it seems to a 7 1/8 and fit's my head perfectly. Thanks Carter for the heads up on this, I jumped on it when it was posted again. :)

carter

I'll Lock Up
rumblefish said:
I just received this in the mail. It turns out it's labeled a 7 1/4, but it has shrunk it seems to a 7 1/8 and fit's my head perfectly. Thanks Carter for the heads up on this, I jumped on it when it was posted again. :)
That looks to be one sweet lid! I'm looking forward to seeing it in action.

carter

I'll Lock Up
I keep bidding on Barbisio Hats but haven't won one yet. Today I placed a bid and left the house. Here's what I found upon my return.

eBayISAPI.dll

Bob Smalser

One of the Regulars
carter said:
Today I placed a bid ....

Good luck.

I bought a Borsalino from that seller on Feb 8. I have no idea when it was shipped, but it didn't leave Italy until Feb 21st, it still hasn't arrived and will probably never arrive. The seller has been no help at all. A claim against Paypal is the next step.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Bob Smalser said:
Good luck.

I bought a Borsalino from that seller on Feb 8. I have no idea when it was shipped, but it didn't leave Italy until Feb 21st, it still hasn't arrived and will probably never arrive. The seller has been no help at all. A claim against Paypal is the next step.
Bob, Thanks for the heads-up.

I gave packing instructions, asked the seller to ship as soon as possible, and requested the name of the shipper as well as tracking information. I'll keep my fingers crossed on this one.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
And, in this case, justified -- given the mint condition of this lid coupled with the extraordinary color.

Cheers,
JtL

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
It's not me CB, I'm just posting it.

JtL, I agree that the hat is worth it. It's a beautiful example. What I don't understand is how this one can get so high, but that Stetson 100, which is only 1 size down, couldn't get past about 150. Normally, the biggest difference I see is between 7 1/4 and 7 3/8. That's where I thought the major fall-off was. That 100 just seemed to slip through the cracks. [huh]

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lefty said:
the big bucks we've come to expect for the Stratoliner
!BNmG72gB2k~$(KGrHgoOKigEjlLm,etkBJqfs4!I3!~~_12.JPG
!BNmG8mQCGk~$(KGrHgoOKkIEjlLmUkORBJqfs8sh,g~~_12.JPG

!BNmG9UwBWk~$(KGrHgoOKiIEjlLmWN(BBJqftBr-mg~~_12.JPG
be24_12.JPG

This one will be joining my family. I've been waiting for a Strat for quite a while, since I bought the brown Royal Stetson from Johnnyphi. I already have a box and a pin for it. I've been waiting for the right Strat to go with them. It's about more than I can do to keep from jumping up and down. :D

carter

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
This one will be joining my family. I've been waiting for a Strat for quite a while, since I bought the brown Royal Stetson from Johnnyphi. I already have a box and a pin for it. I've been waiting for the right Strat to go with them. It's about more than I can do to keep from jumping up and down. :D
Congratulations, Bob. That's a beauty.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That Stetson 100 was a beauty too. I saw it and would have been all over it too if it had been one size bigger. I have two OR's that I would easily have sold in order to have that one.

jec

One of the Regulars
Surprise LEE Adventurer

This one slipped through unnoticed last weekend - but I was the winner. Based on very little information and poor photos, I gambled on a rare 7 3/8 in gray... and it just arrived yesterday. Surprise! It's a Lee Adventurer.

The color is pretty true in the posted photo: pale bluish steel gray. And except for some dirt and a small stain on front of the ribbon, the hat is in good condition. Maybe it will have to go out for a block and cleaning and maybe even a new ribbon, but I am a happy camper today. EBay has been a crap shoot for me in the past, so I have to savor the victories!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=330309918916#ebayphotohosting

ccd0_1.jpg

I will post additional photos in the New Hats thread as soon as I clean it up and bash the crown to my liking.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Great Catch!

BobC said:

Congratulations, Bob! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I was one of your competitors on that one. It is one fine-looking lid! I'm sure you'll enjoy the heck out of it.

Cheers,
Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Good Citizen Az