Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Jauntyone

Practically Family
A new beauty arrived last week from Art: Pecan felt, 2 1/4" brim, the feather is my addition
IMG_1448.jpg

IMG_1449.jpg

IMG_1450.jpg

What a great hat, thanks again, Art!

Landman

One Too Many
I received my Lightweight Black Cherry and it is a beautiful color. Unfortunately I'm having trouble with Photobucket and can't post any pictures. They have a new beta version of their website and all it does is freeze up on my computer. If anybody knows the fix for this let me know. I'll try to describe the color though. It is a very dark black with a hint of cherry. When I first opened the box I thought it was a black hat. When you take it out though and the light hits it a certain way you can see the subtle cherry tint to it. It is very hard to photograph the color and looks black by itself in a picture (or I should say in my sorry pictures). I took some photos of it with a very black Akubra Fed IV to show the difference. If I can figure out the problem with Photobucket I will post them.

Art, the hat looks great! Thanks for everything.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Wish I could help you there, Landman. My Photobucket login and account works fine, and once logged in I can still switch between old and new version. Perhaps you need to unblock some addresses within Photobucket, provided you have blocked anything in the first place?

Landman

One Too Many
Rabbit, I haven't blocked anything. Just went there today like always. I tried deleting my temporary internet files and cookies but that didn't help. I sent them an email to get help so maybe they can figure it out. For now though I can't post any pictures. I wish I could so you guys could see this color. It is beautiful and very subtle.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Rabbit, I haven't blocked anything. Just went there today like always. I tried deleting my temporary internet files and cookies but that didn't help. I sent them an email to get help so maybe they can figure it out. For now though I can't post any pictures. I wish I could so you guys could see this color. It is beautiful and very subtle.

Do you have Dropbox installed? If not, it's easily done and you can post pics via Dropbox, too, you know. Or even simpler, post direct links to pics in the public folder of your Dropbox which is what I usually do with my full resolution images.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Congrats Jauntyone, I really like the brim edge binding color. My your quite a long oval too!

Mike, straighten out those PB bastids quick! I'm dying of anticipation ever since Art mentioned the new Black Cherry. Seems like nobody can leave well enough alone, every time I get on ebay it seems there's another format change.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Jaunty #1
I like your Pecan VS very nice Tall crown too , Looks like you have a special shape noggin by the shape of the inside & There's nothing like made to Fit !!!!
Bash & noggin shots please.

Landman !!!!!! man thanks for checkin in on me Im back on line & feelin better ! Thank you
& thanks for the emailed pics of your Black-Cherry, Lite
Hope you dont mind but the guys wanna see it sooo here's Landmans
Black-Cherry VS ART-LITE
232323232%7Ffp73494%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D359595%3A8%3C734%3Bnu0mrj

open crown nice thin ribbon & look at the detail in the bow !! oh yea this is makin me feel good !
232323232%7Ffp543%3A7%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D359595%3A8%3C834%3Bnu0mrj

Mike is comparing to a Black Akruba for comparision of color tone
232323232%7Ffp5434%3A%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D359595%3A8%3C%3A34%3Bnu0mrj

Real nice these Lite-Felt's

232323232%7Ffp734%3A9%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D359595%3A8%3C934%3Bnu0mrj

Very Nice VS im diggin this lid a lot & gettin a VS urge.....
MORE PICS please when you get em please !:cool:

seabass

Call Me a Cab
VS Dove w/ 19 L black 5 3/4" x 2 3/8"

VS hats being worn

Today with Harris Tweed overcoat in rust/blackbrown herringbone, midnight green/orange/brown scarf, gray flannel suit with navy shetland wool knit tie and white oxford shirt.

VS-Dove-w-2012-11-16_19black_tweedandflannel_1.jpg

WOW RABBIT !
Im coming back to these great shots.....WoW....your the King of Cordination, great colors
That VS DOVE & your Ensemble = OUTSTANDING !
saved to my favorites
che

Landman

One Too Many
Thanks posting those Che. I still can't get Photobucket to work. Glad you are feeling better!

Thanks for the compliment Mike but Art deserves all the credit. I had no input on it. He had free rein to make me a hat I would like and he hit the nail on the head. I love the hat. Thanks Art!

Brando11

A-List Customer
Great stuff, gentlemen. Che, good to see you back in action.
Nik, you need to come visit Chicago. You'll be the King of Michigan Ave!

Best-
-Brando

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Thank you very much, Che, Brando, CSG, and Mike.

Brando, I do hope I can make it to Chicago for Fedorafest 2013.

Che, thanks for posting Landman's BC LITE pics! Great to see you back, man.

The felt color is outstandingly beautiful, Landman! More pics under daylight conditions outdoors, please. :) If you want to, email me your pics and I'll post them via my Photobucket just like Che did; he might need some rest now after the surgery.

Last edited:

Landman

One Too Many
Rabbit, the 3rd picture where the box is on concrete was taken outdoors in the shade. It was a very bright day though. I'll see if I can get some better outdoor pictures for you. This color is incredibly hard to photograph. Like I said in an earlier post I thought it was black looking at it in the box. Once I took it out the cherry tint could be seen and seemed to change with the angle you are holding the hat. I was a little worried about the color being over the top but it is a very subtle and unique color.

Mulceber

Practically Family
Jaunty #1
I like your Pecan VS very nice Tall crown too , Looks like you have a special shape noggin by the shape of the inside & There's nothing like made to Fit !!!!
Bash & noggin shots please.

Landman !!!!!! man thanks for checkin in on me Im back on line & feelin better ! Thank you
& thanks for the emailed pics of your Black-Cherry, Lite
Hope you dont mind but the guys wanna see it sooo here's Landmans
Black-Cherry VS ART-LITE
232323232%7Ffp73494%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D359595%3A8%3C734%3Bnu0mrj

open crown nice thin ribbon & look at the detail in the bow !! oh yea this is makin me feel good !
232323232%7Ffp543%3A7%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D359595%3A8%3C834%3Bnu0mrj

Mike is comparing to a Black Akruba for comparision of color tone
232323232%7Ffp5434%3A%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D359595%3A8%3C%3A34%3Bnu0mrj

Real nice these Lite-Felt's

232323232%7Ffp734%3A9%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D359595%3A8%3C934%3Bnu0mrj

Very Nice VS im diggin this lid a lot & gettin a VS urge.....
MORE PICS please when you get em please !:cool:

Hmm...kind of hard to see the cherry undertones in these photos. Then again, makes sense - black cherry has always been notoriously difficult to photograph. Guess I'll just have to wait until I can see mine with my own eyes. :) -M

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Landman sent me a couple of videos of his new BC LITE. Here's some stills from the vids, showing the VS together with the black Akubra indoors. The felt dye looks more familiar in these pics.

Thank you, Landman!

vlcsnap-428532.png

vlcsnap-428674.png

vlcsnap-428747.png

vlcsnap-428939.png

Last edited:

Mulceber

Practically Family
Wow, thanks Rabbit! That was exactly what I was looking for. Honestly, black cherry has always been close to the public enemies hat - now it looks to be a dead ringer! -M

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88