Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dove1.jpg

Dove5.jpg

Superlative style Brando! Yet another Art Fawcett masterpiece.

barrowjh

One Too Many
Art made this one for me in 2009, I think, and I wore it today. I get compliments on it every time I wear it. It fits me better than any hat I own, the conformer process is just a honey of top-shelf treatment for the customer (me). I wish (and I know Art wishes) I had chosen just about any color other than black. I may have to order another hat from VS, lighter color next time around. Just love the way Art's hats fit. 'Like a glove' just does not get there for me; the hat fits like a VS Custom - no glove ever fit my hands like a VS Custom fits my head.

022809006.jpg

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Art made this one for me in 2009, I think, and I wore it today. I get compliments on it every time I wear it. It fits me better than any hat I own, the conformer process is just a honey of top-shelf treatment for the customer (me). I wish (and I know Art wishes) I had chosen just about any color other than black. I may have to order another hat from VS, lighter color next time around. Just love the way Art's hats fit. 'Like a glove' just does not get there for me; the hat fits like a VS Custom - no glove ever fit my hands like a VS Custom fits my head.

Get some bespoke gloves from Chester Jefferies, they fit like a VS. :)

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate

022809006.jpg

Thank you John, that is exactly what I strive for and why, in many cases, my hats are a bit more costly . You just can't buy the "great hat" comments.

Mulceber

Practically Family
It's here Che and wait till you see the color!!! It is actually blacker in the featherweights than in the standard felt. I don't know why yet, perhaps the density increase but it is more black than purple/red and is killer!!!

Oh my god Art, that sounds awesome! I'm more excited than ever now to see this hat!

I didn't take any pics before sending them out JLee but I'm sure Mulcebar will be posting in a few days.

eh...if a few days = December 25th, then yes. I'll be sure to post pics on Christmas though. ;) -M

Last edited:

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Oh my god Art, that sounds awesome! I'm more excited than ever now to see this hat!

eh...if a few days = December 25th, then yes. I'll be sure to post pics on Christmas though. ;) -M

oh shoot, that's right. You mean, you won't check it out just to be sure nothing happened to it in transit? You can never be too careful ya know. :)

Mulceber

Practically Family
Hah, you see I foresaw that train of reasoning and what it might lead me to, so that's why I had you send it to my parent's house. ;) I'm at school right now, so unfortunately I'm 3 states away from it until late December. Is there any way you can show us a picture of a raw felt body, so we can get a picture of what this beautiful new variant on Black Cherry looks like? -M

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
it will be a few days ( lighting blew out) but I will get some up for you guys. Landman should be getting his today so perhaps he'll beat me to the first pic of the featherweight

Landman

One Too Many
Mine didn't come in yesterday so I should receive it today. I'll try to get some pictures up for everybody tonight.

Art has been patiently trying to break me of boring thin ribbon hats so he had free rein with this one :) I have no idea what he did with it so I can't wait to see it.

Landman

One Too Many
RBH,

I too have never met a thin ribbon I didn't like!

To set the records straight, Art didn't actually say "boring". He is too much of a gentleman. One of the great things about dealing with Art is once he gets to know you he can make you a hat you will like...without any input from you :)

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
VS Dove w/ 19 L black 5 3/4" x 2 3/8"

VS hats being worn

Today with Harris Tweed overcoat in rust/blackbrown herringbone, midnight green/orange/brown scarf, gray flannel suit with navy shetland wool knit tie and white oxford shirt.

VS-Dove-w-2012-11-16_19black_tweedandflannel_1.jpg

Full resolution image

VS-Dove-w-2012-11-16_19black_tweedandflannel_3.jpg

VS-Dove-w-2012-11-16_19black_tweedandflannel_2.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88