Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Brando11

A-List Customer
Based on Nik's beautiful Dobbs, Art has outdone himself once again. This hat has such a great vintage vibe to it! I couldn't be more pleased-

One small twist on the original; I asked for the "Gatemouth" knot- check it out-

(Apologies in advance on the artificial light- Color is off. I'll take some pics in daylight over the next few days)

Dove1.jpg

Dove5.jpg

Dove4.jpg

Dove3.jpg

Dove2.jpg

Best-
-Brando

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Nik, I like your style, man! Sweet foot coverings, too. That oxblood has long been a coveted color for me. One day it will become a priority. That granite surrounds itself with an inexplicably warm mystique.

Brando, congrats on a really beautiful lid! Outta da park. Please do post additional pics in natural light!

Last edited:

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Nik, your casual and mine are very different! Great overcoat. The Oxblood matches the boots very well. I've always felt there was a purple undertone to Oxblood and think that's what makes it unique.

Luckily, in our day and time we can draw the dividing line to casual anywhere we want. lol
I agree about the purple undertone of the oxblood felt. It really is there, although subtle, and I've noticed it mostly on overcast days, outdoors. In direct sunlight, not so much. Love the felt color.

Based on Nik's beautiful Dobbs, Art has outdone himself once again. This hat has such a great vintage vibe to it! I couldn't be more pleased-

One small twist on the original; I asked for the "Gatemouth" knot- check it out-

Best-
-Brando

What a beautiful VS, Brando. The dove felt, I presume? The monochrome Gatemouth knot is a wonderful addition. It makes the knot even more three-dimensional.
Those low-contrast felt/ ribbon combinations do have an explicitly vintage feel to them.

Nik, I like your style, man! Sweet foot coverings, too. That oxblood has long been a coveted color for me. One day it will become a priority. That granite surrounds itself with an inexplicably warm mystique.

Brando, congrats on a really beautiful lid! Outta da park. Please do post additional pics in natural light!

Thanks, Jeff. The oxblood is very much recommended. I believe it's a lot less conspicuous than the black cherry felt. While the Black Cherry is definitely not a conservative color, the Oxblood is a lot more forgiving.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Rabbit
Both sets of pics are well done again.
Just awesome detail on the Granite lite.
Now the oxblood does very well mixing up the great colors with the outfit. Well done !

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Brando
Ok we have a beauty here.
Now this is a perfect time capsule hat.
I dig Rabbits Dobbs. The perfect template.
Looking forward to more pics.
Enjoy it.!

Brando11

A-List Customer
Thanks for the kind words, gents-

Nik, that oxblood is killer! Yes, btw, the new VS is Dove with Glen ribbon-

Happy Friday all!

-Brando

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab

(Apologies in advance on the artificial light- Color is off. I'll take some pics in daylight over the next few days)

Dove1.jpg

Dove5.jpg

Dove4.jpg

Dove3.jpg

Dove2.jpg

Best-
-Brando

Super sweet lid. Love the ribbon work and overall vintage look. Close up shot of the felt shows Arts superb pouncing.

fedoralover

Genuine Classic Gangster

One of the Regulars
I am considering to ask Art to make me a hat in the color of Black Cherry, but I would wear it with my overcoats, and all of them are navy blue.

Do you guys think that the Black Cherry color will look good with a navy blue overcoat?

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Great color combo !
Art should have a stash of Black Cherry in his Lite Felt comin in soon.

It's here Che and wait till you see the color!!! It is actually blacker in the featherweights than in the standard felt. I don't know why yet, perhaps the density increase but it is more black than purple/red and is killer!!!

TomS

One Too Many
Brando:
That may well be one of the nicest hats I've ever seen! What an amazing lid!!
Best,
Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth