Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A little teaser from Aero

I'll have you know my Butte is in fine shape!
Thanks for the liner pics Ian. I prefer buttons and usually don't button/zip much - especially helpful in the Butte region :p

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I wonder how a corduroy body shell and cotton drill sleeve linings might work?

Last edited:

Swoosed

One of the Regulars
thats one fine lookin piece. is the leather heavy duty like their other FQHH or is this softer, looks softer/thinner..which is a good thing i would think for this style.

majormajor

One Too Many
thats one fine lookin piece. is the leather heavy duty like their other FQHH or is this softer, looks softer/thinner..which is a good thing i would think for this style.

As befits was is essentially the forerunner to the A1, and therefore untimately, the A2, this is similar, MW HH.

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
I was hoping it was the Electric Prunes or some obscure garage band! Oh well!

I do like the Electric Prunes (tho lets not talk about seeing them live a few years ago... ) but I don't think they've ever reached Syd's genius. Really love obscure 60s garage & psych, it's my real passion. If that's what you're into PM me and I'll send you some links to some mixes I've made.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
As befits was is essentially the forerunner to the A1, and therefore untimately, the A2, this is similar, MW HH.

I would imagine that the only viable options would be either MWHH or goatskin, probably MWHH. Don't believe that I would want this particular model with FQHH, or even vintage (tumbled).

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Holly, if you P/U on this thread, I would be interested in knowing what the standard back length is for the Aeromarine, say in size 42? ;)

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Authenticity is what it is, but the pointed shoulder yoke and pockets give this observer a definite cowboy vibe. I'd just ask for a standard A-1 yoke and pockets and be good to go.

I dunno: I think part of the charm of this model is its historic roots with the rounded collar and button pockets.

I would imagine that the only viable options would be either MWHH or goatskin, probably MWHH. Don't believe that I would want this particular model with FQHH, or even vintage (tumbled).

From a prior phone call with insurrection a few days ago...the one shown earlier by Carrie is FQHH;

IMG_3310-800.jpg

I actually prefer Aero's FQHH to their medium weight HH...and like the look on this model. As it breaks in should look fantastic.

majormajor

One Too Many
[huh]
Authenticity is what it is, but the pointed shoulder yoke and pockets give this observer a definite cowboy vibe. I'd just ask for a standard A-1 yoke and pockets and be good to go.

As I've mentioned, I have seen the original, and the new Aeromarine is pretty faithful to it.

The likes of Aero normally get criticised for not being faithful enough to historical jackets.

But now they should be LESS faithful? Ah well......[huh][huh]

Last edited:

wdw

One Too Many
Having seen the original too, I actually preferred the Aero version. Maybe it was because the original was so soft and worn, which most people would probably prefer, but the Aero seemed more substantial, in a good way.

majormajor

One Too Many
Here's another shot. Hopefully you can see how substantial it is.

It's FQHH, but not the heavyweight stuff that Aero use on their heavier designs.

It feels very much like a very slightly heavier than normal A2 to wear.

marinefront.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88