Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A little teaser from Aero

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
Okay, here's a wee sneak preview seeing as you basically know what's coming anyway having seen the original jacket we've recreated in this design.... The rest of the new styles you'll need to wait for!

Here we have the Aeromarine.

IMG_3301-800.jpg

IMG_3310-800.jpg

IMG_3312-800.jpg

IMG_3311-800.jpg

IMG_3309-800.jpg

Hope you like it as much as we do!

jlanderson

One of the Regulars
That large picture in this thread is NOT the new Aero. AFAIK, it is a vintage jacket (which, for some reason, was posted in a thread about waistcoats!).

Here's another snippet of the new Aero....:D;)

aeroteaser2.jpg

Quit teasing us!!! Full album of photos ... NOW!!! Can hardly wait until Holly posts the new line on the Aero website, and now you're teasing us all, too. Not nice!

jlanderson

One of the Regulars
Holly!!!!! That is absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Now, I'm even more excited to see everything posted Friday!!! And it will be Friday, won't it?? I'm going to be refreshing that website as often as I did when I ordered my first iPhone five years ago!!!!!

majormajor

One Too Many
Here's a quick "fit pic" of mine, after a little HWT....

marinefit.jpg

I've done a bit more work on the collar since - more pics to follow.....

nick123

I'll Lock Up

Great name. I vouch to raise the price of this model by £1 to compensate whoever came up with it.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Lovely lovely design! I especially like the strong angles of the pockets. Should be a big seller (and giving me serious reason to second guess my pending HB order!)

majormajor

One Too Many

Great name. I vouch to raise the price of this model by £1 to compensate whoever came up with it.

Hi Nick

Ken told me that it is named after the Aeromarine Plane & Motor Company, of Keyport, NJ., who built Seaplanes and Flying Boats, beginning in 1914. I think alot of the guys flying those planes will have had a jacket very much like this.

Ken also showed me the vintage original jacket in his showroom:D

seaplaneinflight.jpg

Last edited:

Mark

Practically Family
mmm not sure about the pockets but other wise beautiful jacket. Look forward to Friday.

Edward

Bartender
Perfectly solid. I doubled them back, as they were a little long.

Sounds good on both counts - When next I buy an Aero, I lan to remember to ask for the straps to be long enough that they could be double-looped even at the widest extent.

Okay, here's a wee sneak preview seeing as you basically know what's coming anyway having seen the original jacket we've recreated in this design.... The rest of the new styles you'll need to wait for!

IMG_3301-800.jpg

IMG_3310-800.jpg

IMG_3312-800.jpg

IMG_3311-800.jpg

IMG_3309-800.jpg

This looks great.

marinefit.jpg

Superb. How's the cut - is it closer a Thirties Halfbelt, or boxier like the HWM.... or in between, like a 50s Halfbelt?

Edward

Bartender
Perfectly solid. I doubled them back, as they were a little long.

Sounds good on both counts - When next I buy an Aero, I lan to remember to ask for the straps to be long enough that they could be double-looped even at the widest extent.

IMG_3301-800.jpg

IMG_3310-800.jpg

IMG_3312-800.jpg

IMG_3311-800.jpg

IMG_3309-800.jpg

This looks great. Just one humble suggestion - photos would give a better gauge of jacket length if the model's shirt was tucked in and we could see that waistband of his trews...

marinefit.jpg

Superb. How's the cut - is it closer a Thirties Halfbelt, or boxier like the HWM.... or in between, like a 50s Halfbelt?

majormajor

One Too Many

Hi Edward

I guess the cut is like a slim HWM. Straps are at the bottom, rather than halfway up, and there is no half belt.

I tend to like short, fitted jackets, and this one fits me perfectly:D

marinefit2.jpg

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
The angular pockets are an acquired taste but they're a fair representation of the jackets of the period. The first reincarnation of the LVC Menlo in 2005 has very similar profiles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth