Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A little teaser from Aero

The one shown earlier by Carrie was NOT a new Aeromarine. It is a vintage jacket;)

Correct.
I mistook Carrie for Holly.
The one Holly posted photos of..the one I copied....looks like FQHH.
When I placed my order with Insurrection a few days ago...they noted they had received one of the new Aero's in brown FQHH. I'm guessing it was either the one shown in Holly's photo or it's twin.
FWIW, I was told the vintage jacket in Carrie's photo is "FQHH".....albeit decades old.

Last edited:

majormajor

One Too Many
I posted a pic (in post 79) showing the label in my Aeromarine. It says Front Quarter Horse Hide. But it is Mid Weight Front Quarter Horse Hide.

All the Aeromarine jackets I saw last week (four of them) were made of similar weight hide:D

Last edited:

jack miranda

A-List Customer
I think I'd prefer a Maxwell (button front, slash pockets) with a shawl collar. I don't like the patch pockets or the extremely (at least it looks extremely) short length. And, yes, as many have commented, a lighter weight hide is probably best with this jacket. The collar, oh, man, that collar. Yes.

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
I think I'd prefer a Maxwell (button front, slash pockets) with a shawl collar. I don't like the patch pockets or the extremely (at least it looks extremely) short length. And, yes, as many have commented, a lighter weight hide is probably best with this jacket. The collar, oh, man, that collar. Yes.

+1. The collar's the winner. SJ

John Lever

One Too Many
Not sure which jacket Aero produced for LVC.
John Lever (newly appointed/anointed Mod of the VLJF - not sure how these things are done, apart from the puff of white smoke), might know.
He uncovered the original on which this new one is based about 10 years ago, I understand:

A1_Style_Front.jpg

A1_Style_Back.jpg

Nice jacket...
I think it was about 10 to 12 years ago that I spotted it on eBay listed as a Western Jacket. I told Ken and he bought it privately. Over the years I had asked Will many times if he could make one for me. He always said yes, but nothing ever happened. So when Ken came back I asked him and was told it was a project he wanted to rekindle and manufacturing would start this year. It has been a long wait, but looks like it was well worth it.
This style seems to have been unpopular or forgotten for so long,except perhaps in Italy,it's a surprise no one made them years ago. The buttons and pockets are very attractive and the whole thing just shouts style.
Not sure about the name though.

majormajor

One Too Many

The Maxwell is a lovely thing (and you look great in it! :D). But that is more of a short coat, whereas the Aeromarine is a flying jacket, and is therefore designed to be shorter (easier to sit in a cockpit, perhaps).

I agree that the shawl collar on a Maxwell would look VERY nice!;)

John Lever

One Too Many
I think this style is more general purpose rather than a flying jacket,a sort of low speed m/c jacket ?
Also I would bet the design is of European immigrant design or influence.

majormajor

One Too Many
I think this style is more general purpose rather than a flying jacket,a sort of low speed m/c jacket ?
Also I would bet the design is of European immigrant design or influence.

Yup, could well be an M/C jacket, John. So, again, a sitting down jacket that needs to be short:D

majormajor

One Too Many
So lovely MM congrats what is the leather colour called (forgive if you mentioned it earlier)?

Hi Simon

Unfortunately, Ken didn't put it on the invoice, so I don't know! Could be Russet, I guess, but don't quote me:eusa_doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth