Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A little teaser from Aero

pauleway

Practically Family
Hi Edward

I guess the cut is like a slim HWM. Straps are at the bottom, rather than halfway up, and there is no half belt.

I tend to like short, fitted jackets, and this one fits me perfectly:D

marinefit2.jpg

Very nice - Love the collar!!

Edward

Bartender
Hi Edward

I guess the cut is like a slim HWM. Straps are at the bottom, rather than halfway up, and there is no half belt.

I tend to like short, fitted jackets, and this one fits me perfectly:D

marinefit2.jpg

Thanks - looks great! Sounds like it's not far off a fifties halfbelt, though without the belt... I do like it a lot. Think one of these will have to go on my long wants list...

The angular pockets are an acquired taste but they're a fair representation of the jackets of the period. The first reincarnation of the LVC Menlo in 2005 has very similar profiles.

Was that one of the models that Aero produced for LVC?

You mean the guy that had 150 Aero jackets in the closet? :eeek:

No, the guy who bought them... ;)

In Scotland? Are you barking mad? :-0

Like voting Democrat in the Midwest or Republican in New England.

Yeah, the Scottish Tories meet in a phone box, and they have plenty of room...

Oh yes. Commemorate is the wrong word. Honour?

The Aero Rocketeer does have a ring...

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I came in a bit late on this thread since I am a working stiff now on lunch break. This is a fantastic jacket and need to have my head examined for planning my next Aero while my Teamster is still on its way to me.

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
Not sure which jacket Aero produced for LVC.
John Lever (newly appointed/anointed Mod of the VLJF - not sure how these things are done, apart from the puff of white smoke), might know.
He uncovered the original on which this new one is based about 10 years ago, I understand:

A1_Style_Front.jpg

A1_Style_Back.jpg

Nice jacket...

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I noticed he'd mentioned that on the VLJ - quite a time gap! But faithfully rendered by Aero. Thanks for posting that, Dr H. Personally, I think it'd look great in cordovan.

According to Aero: "We're hoping to go with a herringbone tweed as standard, but people can select their own..."
Would like to see that herringbone meself!

majormajor

One Too Many
According to Aero: "We're hoping to go with a herringbone tweed as standard, but people can select their own..."
Would like to see that herringbone meself!

One of the jackets I looked at had the herringbone tweed. It wasn't my size, but it looked VERY nice:D

majormajor

One Too Many
I was hoping in turn you would show us your lining :)

Here we are, mate.....

marinelining.jpg

marinecollar.jpg

BTW, for all those who have just convinced themselves they don't need one of these, because they don't want to break their fingernails buttoning up the HH, Ken informed me that they are also doing a 30's version WITH A ZIP!!:D;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88