Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Great fight. I was impressed with Brown.
However...Lawler won...

Lawler looked good and was definitely the stronger of the two. Brown is always fun to watch and if he had been fighting most anyone else, I would have been rooting for him. Brown did get lucky in the 3rd on that body kick wrongly called a low blow; he might have been finished by Lawler.
Anthony Johnson looked sharp despite it being an aged Nogueira.
:D

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
In the midst of all the UFC, did anyone else watch the Little Dorrit series from the BBC? It seems like a major plot point was completely left out, one that I had to scour the internet to find. I won't give out any spoilers, but it seems as though a vital chunk of the story line was not even mentioned.

Horace Debussy Jones

A-List Customer
Just started watching "Generation War", an extremely well made German series about 5 friends and their experiences during world war two. I highly recommend this series.:eusa_clap

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
I didn't watch it, but I saw part of a commercial for a show called Manhattan. From the looks of it, it seems it's set in the 30's or 40's and is about the Manhattan Project. I don't know when it's on, or what station, but it looked interesting.

FX's The Bridge season two, episode two on Demand. Like AMC's The Killing, quality scripting, acting, cinematography, and pacing. I have really enjoyed what I have seen of this show so far. Demián Bichir really stands out in a cast full of quality actors.
:D

I didn't watch it, but I saw part of a commercial for a show called Manhattan. From the looks of it, it seems it's set in the 30's or 40's and is about the Manhattan Project. I don't know when it's on, or what station, but it looked interesting.
You are correct. Manhattan is set in New Mexico in 1943, and is a semi-factual drama (i.e., not attempting to rigidly adhere to actual events) about the race to create the world's first atomic bomb. It debuts tonight on WGN America.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
You are correct. Manhattan is set in New Mexico in 1943, and is a semi-factual drama (i.e., not attempting to rigidly adhere to actual events) about the race to create the world's first atomic bomb. It debuts tonight on WGN America.
I've got it set to tape.
Thanks to all involved for pointing this program out.
Maybe it will be good.

DNO

One Too Many
Breathing Fire: The Battle of the Somme. Lots of WW1 specials on, thanks to the upcoming 100th anniversary. I've long had a strong interest in this particular bout of insanity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82