Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

zebedee

One Too Many
SB V2 in bull Mahogany. It's just arrived and is a thing of beauty.

Photo on 25-7-2024 at 9.16 PM.jpg

zebedee

One Too Many
Some photos of the new SB V2. The actual colour is the darker orange shade (the camera does weird things to colours). I modified it by getting Oakland-style sleeves as I have several button-up cuffs on other jackets. Stitching is tight and uniform. Although it is heavy, the Blattwerk is pliable and the weight is well-distributed across the neck and shoulders so that it doesn't 'hang'. I went for an open double-welt chest pocket and one inner snap-closure one. I'm really impressed with this jacket. Thanks to Debs and Moira.

WhatsApp Image 2024-07-26 at 09.03.02.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2024-07-26 at 09.02.54.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2024-07-26 at 09.02.46.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2024-07-26 at 09.02.39.jpeg

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Some photos of the new SB V2. The actual colour is the darker orange shade (the camera does weird things to colours). I modified it by getting Oakland-style sleeves as I have several button-up cuffs on other jackets. Stitching is tight and uniform. Although it is heavy, the Blattwerk is pliable and the weight is well-distributed across the neck and shoulders so that it doesn't 'hang'. I went for an open double-welt chest pocket and one inner snap-closure one. I'm really impressed with this jacket. Thanks to Debs and Moira.

View attachment 629158 View attachment 629159 View attachment 629160 View attachment 629161

Thanks.
Here's a better picture of it.
View attachment 629196

Superbly beautiful leather on both!

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab

View attachment 629158 View attachment 629159 View attachment 629160 View attachment 629161
@zebedee Wow the Blattwerk leather looks fantastic and such a beautiful grain. Great jacket! I got Blattwerk samples from SB back in 2017 but the samples did look different than your jacket which was a main reason why I decided not to order a jacket....now it appears that it was a wrong decision.

zebedee

One Too Many
@zebedee Wow the Blattwerk leather looks fantastic and such a beautiful grain. Great jacket! I got Blattwerk samples from SB back in 2017 but the samples did look different than your jacket which was a main reason why I decided not to order a jacket....now it appears that it was a wrong decision.
This Blattwerk is steer/bull - I have samples of the Blattwerk horsehide, too: I am told that the mahogany steer and horse look the same...

It's a nice hide :)

Tom71

Call Me a Cab

Cool jacket and very beautiful hide!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mads