Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

bigmanbigtruck

One of the Regulars
I am double dipping with this one both here and in the hats section, but like @Schumie (yay, AmDam!) I am wearing my LW Trojan as much as I can despite the heat (here that’s only possible around the house in the early morning and late evening). I love it coupled with this non-vintage Akubra fedora.
View attachment 627575
View attachment 627590
Damn, now I see why this is Stuart’s favorite motorcycle jacket. Somehow they’ve nailed this pattern - everyone I’ve seen in this model has a great fit.

Congrats!

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
Even with the shitty weather this summer. This is the first day with leather. 5* a2
IMG_20240718_092853_edit_1263138285756214.jpg

The Shoe

Call Me a Cab
A good song when you appreciate leather jackets without getting too carried away or being too serious

Speaking of leather jacket songs, all New Zealanders of my generation know this one…
The leather jacket in question was left to the lead singer by their previous drummer, who died of leukaemia when he was 23.

Last edited:

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
1998 Carhartt Detroit. These became crazy expensive since Interstellar. Those in the more rare Navy color go for $400 on ripoff-bay lol. So I got a cheap one in badly faded Tan, bleached it first and then dyed blue. I think I cracked the code on how to very uniformly dye with reactive dyes, so if someone wants to try, hit me up. I may try other colors, lol. I am going to go full @ton312 on these :).

PXL_20240718_143523279~3.jpg

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Another winner as usual!. How do you find the fit, comfort and quality etc compared to other type 3s such as Aero?. Vanson has never been on my radar but that may change.

I can’t really compare to Aero type 3 or any other modern maker cause I have not owned/handled any of them.
But I’m very pleased with this as I am with all my Vanson jackets (I own five). The patterns are among the best in the business in terms of comfort and range of motion. Construction is solid, with a few mistakes here and there. Leather is thick, supple and comes with interesting and beautiful grain.
Only thing I would change would be a little bit shorter in the back and add a bigger front drop. Oh! And a bigger collar. Apart from that, it’s pretty much perfect!

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
„What rant are you reading today“

Another great one from Himel on his insta. I still love his jackets, but he’s now officially turned into the quintessential grumpy old man.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Exactly my thoughts. It's a great looking jacket but why the rant about 'internet jokers'? Just let the jacket do the talking.

View attachment 628039 View attachment 628040 View attachment 628041

Plus, it’s all BS.

I never received „an unbelievable level of friendship and service“, and I never entered into „long drawn conversations“ or experienced „as bespoke a process as you can get“.

In fact, I never got a single mail or else from Himel himself and exchanged a total of two, three mails per jacket with Parker (you know…) about minuscule changes to sleeve length etc.
I am not complaining about that, in fact I never looked for anything more, but all that rambling and ranting just gets even more absurd when you make a reality check.

Still: Great jacket, that deerskin rider!!

Last edited:

The Shoe

Call Me a Cab
Just received this beauty of a jacket from a fellow forum member. I can’t wait for the fall season…
Rainbow Country Hercules in seal brown
View attachment 628045

View attachment 628046
I just bought my second Schott. I now have a cross zip with a cafe racer on the way. No plans for a third quality leather jacket, but I might just save up for a Rainbow Country. The leather just looks so stunningly good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gnat