Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Observe

One Too Many
Recently acquired a Schott 584SM off eBay for dirt cheap. Unfortunately, it was advertised as a 184SM, which it isn't, and as black; it's an extremely dark brown but not black. It fits well enough and was cheap enough that I don't really care. 20240712_141007.jpg 20240712_141402.jpg

Yango

One of the Regulars
My jacket collection ebbs and flows but I always come back to the Schott 118. just comfortable and easy to wear. I sold my other cross zips and this one remains.
View attachment 626185
Love those 118’s.

Between the 118 and the 141 which do you prefer? Two completely different animals, I know, but just for the sake of curiosity.

Viking752

Practically Family
Love those 118’s.

Between the 118 and the 141 which do you prefer? Two completely different animals, I know, but just for the sake of curiosity.
I had a beautiful 141 but I sold it as I lost a bunch of weight. I will be replacing but I like them both for different reasons.

Too warm but took the dog for his morning biz in this Schott rancher. Soaked, brushed and I pulled the liner out. Something I’d never normally do but it was beyond repair. Of the the two of these I currently have and the 5 or so I’ve owned, this is by far the shortest. True matador fit but man I just love these. I think they are the best suede type 3 you can get and they almost always sell relatively cheap. I need a neon pink sign to hang above my closet…”Asperger’s Syndrome
IMG_8547.jpeg

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Recently acquired a Schott 584SM off eBay for dirt cheap. Unfortunately, it was advertised as a 184SM, which it isn't, and as black; it's an extremely dark brown but not black. It fits well enough and was cheap enough that I don't really care. View attachment 626501 View attachment 626502

The same thing happened to me except mine is a 184sm (is one preferable to the other?)

Mine has both the removable collar and liner (both in great shape) and was advertised as black for a very inexpensive eBay BIN. I wasn’t gonna get it because of the color but I finally talked myself into it due to the extraordinary price and condition. Then, I got so excited about black that when it arrived and turned out to be dark brown, I was kind of disappointed (though not anymore).

This will be a working jacket for me (I’m a trucker). I believe it to be from the early 90s and the leather is really quite nice on it.

Forgive me, I’m still in my pajamas. I’m not taking this thing outside for a real photo - I’ll melt.

IMG_2823.jpeg

IMG_2831.jpeg

Last edited:

Observe

One Too Many
The same thing happened to me except mine is a 184sm (is one preferable to the other?)

Mine has both the removable collar and liner (both in great shape) and was advertised as black for a very inexpensive eBay BIN. I wasn’t gonna get it because of the color but I finally talked myself into it due to the extraordinary price and condition. Then, I got so excited about black that when it arrived and turned out to be dark brown, I was kind of disappointed (thought not anymore).

This will be a working jacket for me (I’m a trucker). I believe it to be from the early 90s and the leather is really quite nice on it.

Forgive me, I’m still in my pajamas. I’m not taking this thing outside for a real photo - I’ll melt.

View attachment 626708
View attachment 626707
I'm not sure which is better, probably the 184? Seems like better leather from the pictures.

Jonas_g

New in Town
This jacket! If anyone has any info on what it might be I would appreciate it. Pretty sure it’s American and got some years..

Attachments

• IMG_0573.jpeg
    IMG_0573.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0574.jpeg
    IMG_0574.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0577.jpeg
    IMG_0577.jpeg
    857.5 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0567.jpeg
    IMG_0567.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0568.jpeg
    IMG_0568.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0569.jpeg
    IMG_0569.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0578.jpeg
    IMG_0578.jpeg
    6 MB · Views: 93

jeo

One Too Many
This jacket! If anyone has any info on what it might be I would appreciate it. Pretty sure it’s American and got some years..
Nice jacket, fits you well!

It’s definitely American and definitely from the 50’s (late 50’s IMO). Don’t know who the maker is and I don’t think I’ve seen this exact jacket before.

The back design is fairly common. Guidemaster/Edgo, Spiegel/Aldencrest, Golden Bear and at least one or two others have that same back design.

The front is pretty generic so I don’t think that’ll give anything away.

The top constructed sleeve zips with the double stitch is pretty unique and can be telling. A few makers did the sleeve zips like that, Star Sportswear being one of them but they weren’t the maker of your jacket.

Rough Wear uses a leather label that is almost identical to the one on your jacket but it’s white and usually attached folded in half.

Here’s one with the RW “Rough In” label.

IMG_1065.jpeg

And here are a couple of examples of this label on Sears branded jackets.

IMG_1076.jpeg
IMG_1077.jpeg

IMG_1053.jpeg

Here’s an example of a RW made jacket with this label on a non Sears jacket.

IMG_1055.jpeg

I’ve seen the exact black version of the label that’s on your jacket on a few other brands.

Here’s one with a Robert Hall label which was a store and not a manufacturer. I’ve seen Robert Hall labeled jackets with other leather labels too.

IMG_1051.jpeg

And here’s one with the Guidemaster label by Wolf which was a manufacturer.

IMG_1071.jpeg

Maybe your jacket was made by Wolf. Other possibility is that the leather label on your jacket is generic and used by a few different makers including RW.

Jonas_g

New in Town
Nice jacket, fits you well!

It’s definitely American and definitely from the 50’s (late 50’s IMO). Don’t know who the maker is and I don’t think I’ve seen this exact jacket before.

The back design is fairly common. Guidemaster/Edgo, Spiegel/Aldencrest, Golden Bear and at least one or two others have that same back design.

The front is pretty generic so I don’t think that’ll give anything away.

The top constructed sleeve zips with the double stitch is pretty unique and can be telling. A few makers did the sleeve zips like that, Star Sportswear being one of them but they weren’t the maker of your jacket.

Rough Wear uses a leather label that is almost identical to the one on your jacket but it’s white and usually attached folded in half.

Here’s one with the RW “Rough In” label.

View attachment 626776

And here are a couple of examples of this label on Sears branded jackets.

View attachment 626777 View attachment 626778
View attachment 626780

Here’s an example of a RW made jacket with this label on a non Sears jacket.

View attachment 626779

I’ve seen the exact black version of the label that’s on your jacket on a few other brands.

Here’s one with a Robert Hall label which was a store and not a manufacturer. I’ve seen Robert Hall labeled jackets with other leather labels too.

View attachment 626783

And here’s one with the Guidemaster label by Wolf which was a manufacturer.

View attachment 626782

Maybe your jacket was made by Wolf. Other possibility is that the leather label on your jacket is generic and used by a few different makers including RW.
thank you for taking the time to try to help me identify the jacket. It has it's flaws but the leather is good and for $30 I'm happy with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delrey486