Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

cbez

One Too Many
Mine has the small white NZ tag just under the chest pocket. Japan Osaka factory may have also made this jacket through their transition I am not sure, my J-81 has no label and I assumed it is made in Osaka factory. The rayon version was still in production as recent as 2020 I think.
View attachment 632155

The HD Sportster is really nice. I really dig the silhouette.
Very cool. Is yours also the lighter weight 'racing shirt' feel? We might be the only two with a j57 rn

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Very cool. Is yours also the lighter weight 'racing shirt' feel? We might be the only two with a j57 rn
The weight feels liight (as in pounds) but the leather is thick. Not the best drape either but that could just be nature of different horsehide batches.
J-57 design is really nice imo, it has the two side panels that seems to give better (more forgiving) fitting than the simpler shirt fitting design.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
IMG_3253.jpeg

The recent “fit check” thread inspired me to wear my comet today. The hat on my head is mostly due to lighting - there are no filters involved.

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
To my understanding Y’2 Leather isn’t the most popular brand around here. Still, here’s mine and I quite like it!
View attachment 632649 View attachment 632650
Really spiffy Y'2 - the color makes the jacket. I have an Aero Type III in the Navy vicenza w/caramel stitching so I'm partial to the blue. Great jacket - Thanks for posting.

TLW '90

Practically Family
My Cooper A2 arrived this morning and I'm wearing it a bit while I can.

20240812_093500.jpg

I love the comfort and the color and am happy with the overall dimensions aside from the shoulder width ( I started a fit check thread ).
I don't know if that'll be enough to have me seeking something with a better cut, but time will tell whether it really bothers me or not.

Last edited:

Chris_K

One of the Regulars
Freewheelers Fujioka deerskin vest, "time worn" finish by me... haha (mainly beeswax and lots of kneading)
View attachment 632429
View attachment 632432 View attachment 632433
I found a way to use the prong cinch without poking holes into the leather,
View attachment 632434
Dude, this is just insane. You've really brought out the depth of this hide, texture is looking otherworldly. I've only had the chance to wear my McCoy's Freeman a few times, this just makes me want to put it on right now!

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Dude, this is just insane. You've really brought out the depth of this hide, texture is looking otherworldly. I've only had the chance to wear my McCoy's Freeman a few times, this just makes me want to put it on right now!
Fujioka hides are really nice. Love the Freeman jacket

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1