Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I would like to share some hats I wore the last 2 days.

Stetson Whippet (green)

i-jGNkb85-M.jpg

i-Td6S7qj-M.jpg

i-fW8dmT5-M.jpg

Morning cold brew hat was a Stetson Turf Club.

i-TVpJK9p-M.jpg

i-FCK8Df7-M.jpg

i-c6qPwdV-M.jpg

Knox Westlite hat for some yard chores.

i-rXHXTnW-M.jpg

i-n2B2wpD-M.jpg

Stetson Royal DeLuxe blue fedora.

i-hwTTMFx-M.jpg

i-L43xvkQ-M.jpg

i-6NSHDRW-M.jpg

An early morning walkabout in a

i-XVwJZtD-M.jpg

i-pcxC9rB-M.jpg

A Mallory was aperfect pairing with cold brewed coffee.

i-TbJN9Q3-M.jpg

i-WGq6R37-M.jpg

i-DvnBV4N-M.jpg

i-vfd53v6-M.jpg

An Emerson fedora was just the ticket for an errand and enjoying more coffee.

i-7jLCSB4-M.jpg

i-h3nDpVt-M.jpg

I sprayed the underbrush with anti-mosquito chemicals in prep for cutting the lawn later today. A Panama Hats Direct hat was just the ticket.

i-mg5V5f5-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Stetson Whippet (green)

i-jGNkb85-M.jpg

i-Td6S7qj-M.jpg

i-fW8dmT5-M.jpg

i-TVpJK9p-M.jpg

i-FCK8Df7-M.jpg

i-c6qPwdV-M.jpg

i-rXHXTnW-M.jpg

i-n2B2wpD-M.jpg

i-hwTTMFx-M.jpg

i-L43xvkQ-M.jpg

i-6NSHDRW-M.jpg

i-XVwJZtD-M.jpg

i-pcxC9rB-M.jpg

i-TbJN9Q3-M.jpg

i-WGq6R37-M.jpg

i-DvnBV4N-M.jpg

i-vfd53v6-M.jpg

i-7jLCSB4-M.jpg

i-h3nDpVt-M.jpg

I sprayed the underbrush with anti-mosquito chemicals in prep for cutting the lawn later today. A Panama Hats Direct hat was just the ticket.

i-mg5V5f5-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
I don't often comment on your posts, Eric, but there isn't a moment that I'm not in awe of your superb collection. Always a pleasure to see them on display.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Sunday has come around again. The hats of the week (about time for a new rotation now I think).

Penumbra panama View attachment 633966

Barbisio
View attachment 633967

Mossant
View attachment 633968

Knox Twentyfive
View attachment 633969

Morreton Velrex (should have given it a brush) View attachment 633970

Dunlap panama
View attachment 633971
steur11.JPG
Knox Twentyfive
Such a millinery treat, Stefan. They are all to be coveted, but it's Sunday, and I have been to church. Me covet? Perish the thought!
blue fedora.png
This was the hat that I had in mind to wear to church earlier, but given how warm the weather is, I took Tina's sensible advice and donned a Panama, so glad I did.
straw hat & blazer 001.JPG

Tina was right, the Panama sits just right given the colour coordination.

View attachment 634014
Knox Twentyfive
Such a millinery treat, Stefan. They are all to be coveted, but it's Sunday, and I have been to church. Me covet? Perish the thought!
View attachment 634017
This was the hat that I had in mind to wear to church earlier, but given how warm the weather is, I took Tina's sensible advice and donned a Panama, so glad I did.
View attachment 634015
Tina was right, the Panama sits just right given the colour coordination.
Thank you, Robert. Good idea to wear the panama while the weather permits.

Stetson Whippet (green)

i-jGNkb85-M.jpg

i-Td6S7qj-M.jpg

i-fW8dmT5-M.jpg

i-TVpJK9p-M.jpg

i-FCK8Df7-M.jpg

i-c6qPwdV-M.jpg

i-rXHXTnW-M.jpg

i-n2B2wpD-M.jpg

i-hwTTMFx-M.jpg

i-L43xvkQ-M.jpg

i-6NSHDRW-M.jpg

i-XVwJZtD-M.jpg

i-pcxC9rB-M.jpg

i-TbJN9Q3-M.jpg

i-WGq6R37-M.jpg

i-DvnBV4N-M.jpg

i-vfd53v6-M.jpg

i-7jLCSB4-M.jpg

i-h3nDpVt-M.jpg

i-mg5V5f5-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
What a lineup, Eric. Every time I think I see the show stopper I scroll down and see another!!

VoodooSan

One Too Many
Sunday has come around again. The hats of the week (about time for a new rotation now I think).

Penumbra panama View attachment 633966

Barbisio
View attachment 633967

Mossant
View attachment 633968

Knox Twentyfive
View attachment 633969

Morreton Velrex (should have given it a brush) View attachment 633970

Dunlap panama
View attachment 633971
Another stupendous Sunday selection, Stefan! By sheer chance, the order of the first three matches my rankings for favorites this week: Penumbra, Barbisio, and Mossant. All awesome!!

Crown Royal

One of the Regulars
Another mild summer day. Today, I am wearing my Darwin Deluxe Quality fedora. Admittedly, I know very little about this hat brand. The plastic liner tip makes me think it is from the 1950's or 1960's but please chime in if you have better information. I paired it with my Havana shades and yellow guayabera.
1000023747.jpg

1000023760.jpg

1000023761.jpg

1000023757.jpg

1000023759.jpg

1000023758.jpg

VoodooSan

One Too Many

VoodooSan

One Too Many

Stetson Whippet (green)

i-jGNkb85-M.jpg

i-Td6S7qj-M.jpg

i-fW8dmT5-M.jpg

i-TVpJK9p-M.jpg

i-FCK8Df7-M.jpg

i-c6qPwdV-M.jpg

i-rXHXTnW-M.jpg

i-n2B2wpD-M.jpg

i-hwTTMFx-M.jpg

i-L43xvkQ-M.jpg

i-6NSHDRW-M.jpg

i-XVwJZtD-M.jpg

i-pcxC9rB-M.jpg

i-TbJN9Q3-M.jpg

i-WGq6R37-M.jpg

i-DvnBV4N-M.jpg

i-vfd53v6-M.jpg

i-7jLCSB4-M.jpg

i-h3nDpVt-M.jpg

i-mg5V5f5-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
An octet of outstandingly ogle-worthy hats, Eric! Thanks again for sharing such awesome beauties!

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
It has been estimated that by the beginning of the 20th Century, one in every three Chinese men were addicted to opium.

At that time, due to its large Chinese population, close ties to both China and Great Britain (Malaysia was a British colony), and absence of much other industry, Melaka was a hot spot for opium dealing. I have no idea how much opium passed through Melaka on its way from India to China, but it was a lot.

And of course, the locals consumed a great quantity. Large Chinese “Opera Houses” were fronts for brothels and opium dens… but only for the very wealthy. The working class and poor got their fix in far less comfortable settings.

This is Guay Men Guong (not sure the spelling). It means “Hells Gate Bridge” and was so named because on one side of the river were relatively respectable working-class dwellings and on the other side was “Jawa Lane”, an overcrowded and diseased immigrant neighborhood rife with prostitution, gambling and opium. Apparently many Melakan men who had lost everything they owned to one vice or another on Jawa Lane ended their lives on Hells Gate Bridge (hanging themselves, tying rocks around their necks, or, unable to swim, simply jumping in).

The hundred years of circa 1840-1940 has been called by the Chinese government “The Century of Shame” and even as late as the 1980s you could have still heard a Melakan grandmother say to her grandchildren, “You better work hard unless you want to end up like your Uncle Fred - that no good opium addict!”

And the antique stores in town are still replete with opium paraphernalia.

It is not by coincidence that the Japanese chose Hells Gate Bridge as their execution site during the occupation of Melaka in WWII. They also hung the heads of offenders from the bannisters - many of them opium users (a capital offense under the Japanese). The Japanese were cruel overlords throughout Southeast Asia, but they did manage to break the back of wide-scale addiction and after the war the opium trade never regained its choke hold on the Chinese. Today the Malaysian Chinese are incredibly industrious and sober people.

I have lived extensively on both sides of Hells Gate Bridge. Recently the Malaysian government paid stipends for ethnic Malays to open businesses in the area and have now planted Malaysian national flags on the bridge to bolster Malay racial identity in this traditionally Chinese enclave (race in Malaysia is a huge political issue with a long and complex history of its own).

Unfortunately, the struggle for Hells Gate Bridge continues even today, but it remains one of my favorite locations in all of Asia.

Here I am with the Fed IV and yes I did cut vent holes in it (and yes, it is noticeably cooler).

Happy start to your week friends.

IMG_3223.jpeg

IMG_3222.jpeg

IMG_3218.jpeg

IMG_3221.jpeg

IMG_3219.jpeg

IMG_3220.jpeg

Last edited:

VoodooSan

One Too Many
It has been estimated that by the beginning of the 20th Century, one in every three Chinese men were addicted to opium.

At that time, due to its large Chinese population, close ties to both China and Great Britain (Malaysia was a British colony), and absence of much other industry, Melaka was a hot spot for opium dealing. I have no idea how much opium passed through Melaka on its way from India to China, but it was a lot.

And of course, the locals consumed a great quantity. Large Chinese “Opera Houses” were fronts for brothels and opium dens… but only for the very wealthy. The working class and poor got their fix in far less comfortable settings.

This is Guay Men Guong (not sure the spelling). It means “Hells Gate Bridge” and was so named because on one side of the river were relatively respectable working-class dwellings and on the side was “Jawa Lane”, an overcrowded, diseased, immigrant-filled neighborhood rife with prostitution, gambling and opium. Apparently many Melakan men who had lost everything they owned to one vice or another on Jawa Lane ended their lives on Hells Gate Bridge (hanging themselves, tying rocks around their necks, or, unable to swim, simply jumping in).

The hundred years of circa 1840-1940 has been called by the Chinese government “The Century of Shame” and even as late as the 1980s you could have still heard a Melakan grandmother say to their grandchildren, “You better work hard unless you want to end up like your Uncle Fred - that no good opium addict!”

And the antique stores in town are still replete with opium paraphernalia.

It is not by coincidence that the Japanese chose Hells Gate Bridge as their execution site during the occupation of Melaka in WWII. They also hung the heads of offenders from the bannisters - many of them opium users (a capital offense under the Japanese). The Japanese were cruel overlords throughout Southeast Asia, but they did manage to break the back of wide-scale addiction and after the war the opium trade never regained its choke hold on the Chinese. Today the Malaysian Chinese are incredibly industrious and sober people.

I have lived extensively on both sides of Hells Gate Bridge. Recently the Malaysian government paid stipends for ethnic Malays to open businesses in the area and have now planted Malaysian national flags on the bridge to bolster Malay racial identity in this traditionally Chinese enclave (race in Malaysia is a huge political issue with a long and complex history of its own).

Unfortunately, the struggle for Hells Gate Bridge continues even today, but it remains one of my favorite locations in all of Asia.

Here I am with the Fed IV and yes I did cut vent holes in it (and yes, it is noticeably cooler).

Happy start to your week friends.

View attachment 634072
View attachment 634073
View attachment 634074
View attachment 634075
View attachment 634076
View attachment 634077
Fascinating stuff, Nathan! Keep it comin'!

RickP

Practically Family
Great hats being shown this weekend ! I'll jump in with one of my newly acquired hats. Caramel brown Bollman with a shark gill ribbon hatband and as an added attraction it even has a shark fin at the rear of the bow !
View attachment 633985 View attachment 633986 View attachment 633987 View attachment 633989 View attachment 633990 View attachment 633992
What size whisky jug do you use for your pics? 1 gal, 2 gal? Went through the Museum of Appalachia a few years back and Ill swear they had hundreds of jugs from dang near everyone that ever put their juice in a jug! Some really cool looking stoneware. Its makes for a great hat display!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petitmalpa