Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Pellie

One Too Many
Mossant dark blue!!
20240817_123441.jpg
20240817_123451.jpg

VoodooSan

One Too Many
View attachment 633774
Not today's hat, but yesterday's. My right knee has been giving me grief. To have it investigated my doctor had arranged an appointment for an X-ray at a nearby hospital. My bespoke Gamble & Gunn fedora, along with the trousers and shirt that Tina made, were photographed so many times that a royalty for each shot would have made me quite wealthy.

Top hats are traditionally black, although they do look rather good in grey, but apart from the topper, black hats are synonymous with a funereal appearance. Curious that because being without a hat, for the male mourner, is seen as a mark of respect for the deceased. Yet the black hat persists as the funeral hat.

Well you know where you can stick that fallacy. Yesterday's hat got a second airing.

View attachment 633777
Looking awesome, sir, as always. Hope you get some answers/relief from the knee pain.

It was the granddaughter’s “First Rodeo” (1st birthday celebration) today. We had a power outage at the farm due to a storm and in all the hassle and confusion in trying to get to town after that we spaced out my wife’s matching Butch Dorer so she had to go with the only hat that fit her here in town — a Texas Hatters 13X with a tall crown (still in need of a cleaning). I’m in the Dorer Pure Beaver and the young’n is (very temporarily) sporting a wool 1950s Roy Rogers and Trigger western. Wearing it jauntily I might add.

IMG_5063.jpeg

IMG_5064.jpeg

It was the granddaughter’s “First Rodeo” (1st birthday celebration) today. We had a power outage at the farm due to a storm and in all the hassle and confusion in trying to get to town after that we spaced out my wife’s matching Butch Dorer so she had to go with the only hat that fit her here in town — a Texas Hatters 13X with a tall crown (still in need of a cleaning). I’m in the Dorer Pure Beaver and the young’n is (very temporarily) sporting a wool 1950s Roy Rogers and Trigger western. Wearing it jauntily I might add.

View attachment 633916

View attachment 633917

Next year she can say, "This ain't my first rodeo!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1