Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

VoodooSan

One Too Many
Early this a.m. I celebrated my 70th with a trip to the ER. For this special birthday occasion I wore my rare, hard to find, Ram Truck ball cap. The conclusion was that I had some arthritis, narrowing of some vertebrae, and some deterioration of some discs. Painful stuff.

ER.jpg
That is NOT the preferred method to celebrate a birthday, Terry! And you're right, back/spine issues are NOT pleasant. I'm two spinal surgeries into my 70s, possibly looking at a third next year. Prayers and positive thoughts enroute for you, that you needn't go under the knife.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Wow! I'd love to see that festival one day, Nathan.

Great to hear from you again. Hope your physical training in Thailand does the trick for your health.

Take care, friend.

Vielen dank Steve!

MAPFest happens every year in Melaka and should be sometime in late August next year. I’ll make an announcement when I know the exact dates. I would be ueber thrilled to have you!

Melaka is absolutely worth the trip just for itself but MAPFest turns the town into something incredibly unique.

Thanks for the positive vibes for my therapy as well. Yesterday was a full day of travel and tomorrow will be more of the same. I just can’t do back to back travel days anymore so I am pausing today in the town of Krabi, Thailand.

Here is a shot of one of our spiritual homes in Melaka. This was a mansion built in the fin de siecle and transformed into an art cafe by a close friend and collaborator. We perform here often and this shot by another friend is a really good one of the second room (there are three other large rooms that are similarly inspirational). Maybe this will entice you to visit even more!

IMG_3787.jpeg

The sun on the east coast of Thailand is a bit less intense than in Malaysia. I was able to wear my silk Stetson cap today for a shopping spree before heading to the islands tomorrow.

Have a great mid-week friends.
IMG_3809.jpeg

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
That is NOT the preferred method to celebrate a birthday, Terry! And you're right, back/spine issues are NOT pleasant. I'm two spinal surgeries into my 70s, possibly looking at a third next year. Prayers and positive thoughts enroute for you, that you needn't go under the knife.
I agree buddy. Going to the ER wasn't what I had in mind for a birthday celebration, either. You've already had two back surgeries? Hopefully you don't have to have that third one. I'm hoping to avoid having the first one. Thank you for the prayers, buddy. I definitely need them.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Other things kept me busy all day yesterday, so a day late here are the hats of last week.

Valensy View attachment 637069

Barbisio Ticino
View attachment 637070

Knox Twentyfive
View attachment 637071

Dunlap View attachment 637072

Dalton
View attachment 637073

Stetson Stratoliner
View attachment 637074

Dobbs
View attachment 637075

GB Borsalino fu Lazzaro
View attachment 637076

Wow, possibly one of my favorite weeks ever. What a fantastic collection of hats - as always, thanks for sharing!

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Last week I was on Ebay and saw this nice old Homberg for sale for cheap (35.00). The seller said it was a Stetson but only one pic of the hat from a side view so I asked for a view of the inside. I saw a nice old hat in a brand I had never heard of before so I offered 25.00 and bought myself a hat ! Still haven't found much information on this one so if any of y'all know what I got here please let me know. Thanks in advance.
View attachment 637235 View attachment 637236 View attachment 637237 View attachment 637238 View attachment 637239 View attachment 637242 View attachment 637243 View attachment 637244
Ooh… I have one of those. Mine is an amazing hat and I love wearing it. I hope you enjoy yours as much or even more! Congrats on a great price, too!

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Early this a.m. I celebrated my 70th with a trip to the ER. For this special birthday occasion I wore my rare, hard to find, Ram Truck ball cap. The conclusion was that I had some arthritis, narrowing of some vertebrae, and some deterioration of some discs. Painful stuff.

ER.jpg

Terry, you do not in any way look 70 years old. No way. Now stop acting your age and start acting like the 45 year old you appear to be!

Kidding aside, I sure you hope your pain eases up and you can get full mobility back.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Terry, you do not in any way look 70 years old. No way. Now stop acting your age and start acting like the 45 year old you appear to be!

Kidding aside, I sure you hope your pain eases up and you can get full mobility back.
Thank you buddy! I follow up with my doctor later today, so hopefully, I can get this all addressed with steroids and a few pain killers. Once I get this all addressed I'll go back to acting 45 again, maybe even 21!

RickP

Practically Family
And a happy Wednesday to all (unless youre across the International Date Line... then its Happy whatever day it is where you are) Looking at another semi cloudy day here so I figured another red Paradise Found shirt and an older Open Road would brighten up the world a bit

Compress_20240904_072502_2923.jpg

VoodooSan

One Too Many

VoodooSan

One Too Many
It took me about a year of consistent searching, but I was finally able to lay my hands on a Marathon fedora, in incredible condition. Granted, there is some discoloration on the crown, above the hatband, (not as bad as it appears in the photos) but I’m willing to trade that for a hat that fits me perfectly, and has no other physical defects. Early to mid 50s vintage I believe, and I am VERY pleased. Definitely my wear for the day as I run errands.

Marathon 1.jpg
Marathon 2.jpg
Marathon 3.jpg
Marathon 4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1