Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

TimmyV

One of the Regulars
Nice find Tim. It kinda is giving me Dalton vibes. Jim @Frunobulax might be able to say if I’m way off base.
That hat was, indeed, made by Dalton. There are a couple of examples on the FL. I have one that has Dalton markings and is labeled "His Excellency by Dalton." There is at least one, if not two, on the FL that have your markings. Take a look through the "Going Atomic with Dalton" thread and you should find them (at least mine). Please add yours to the thread, as well.

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/going-atomic-with-dalton.57089/
Thanks for the information gentlemen, I do appreciate it ! I will add my hat to the thread as suggested.

A cool, sunny September morning calls out for a favorite cap... 19th century homespun fabric custom made by Keith LoBue.

090324_1.jpg

090324_2.jpg

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Hello friends,
It has been a very busy two weeks for us in Melaka. I leave here on Tuesday for two months of intense physical therapy in Thailand; but before I go, I'd like to share what we've been up to this last fortnight.

Every year we have a performance art festival in Melaka. Most of the performers are from Australia but we also have many from Indonesia and also local Malaysians. This year we had something like 70 artists taking part (counting musicians).

Usually I perform, but my health has kept me from it this year, though it has been a real blessing to be in the audience. Most of the performances are dance/movement oriented. We have a number of sites around the old town in Melaka where artists can choose to perform. Some of them use spoken word elements and one duo performed a short theater piece. We also had a handful of purely musical performances. Tonight we will end the festival with a 2-3 hour production where all artists will take part, called "Eulogy for the Living."

For the event, I finally broke down and purchased a cheap straw hat. You can see it in the first photo. It is just too hot and humid out to be attending performances all day in the Fed IV. I don't care too much for the design of the hat at all, but it works for what I need and it cost all of $2.50 US. The second photo is of me dancing at one of our venues in the Fed IV.

I am also including just a very very very small sample of photos from the event to give you a taste of what it is like. Every year the festival produces thousands of professional photos - I chose most of these from photographers who signs their photos, but I could have randomly chosen many others of just as good or even better quality. The photos that aren't signed are my shots.

I don't know another festival of this kind in the world (though I know they exist), but I have been part of this one since 2011 and am very blessed to be here again this year.

Happy Sunday friends.
View attachment 636641
View attachment 636640
View attachment 636638
View attachment 636637 View attachment 636642 View attachment 636643 View attachment 636639 View attachment 636644
View attachment 636647
View attachment 636636
Wow! I'd love to see that festival one day, Nathan.

Great to hear from you again. Hope your physical training in Thailand does the trick for your health.

Take care, friend.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Other things kept me busy all day yesterday, so a day late here are the hats of last week.

Valensy View attachment 637069

Barbisio Ticino
View attachment 637070

Knox Twentyfive
View attachment 637071

Dunlap View attachment 637072

Dalton
View attachment 637073

Stetson Stratoliner
View attachment 637074

Dobbs
View attachment 637075

GB Borsalino fu Lazzaro
View attachment 637076
Still a great line up though a day late, Stefan :)

Do I detect a Fleur bow treatment on the Knox Twenty-Five?

Early this a.m. I celebrated my 70th with a trip to the ER. For this special birthday occasion I wore my rare, hard to find, Ram Truck ball cap. The conclusion was that I had some arthritis, narrowing of some vertebrae, and some deterioration of some discs. Painful stuff.

ER.jpg
Oh no.. hopefully they can get you some relief. Otherwise I hope you had a happy birthday.

Mighty44

One Too Many
Early this a.m. I celebrated my 70th with a trip to the ER. For this special birthday occasion I wore my rare, hard to find, Ram Truck ball cap. The conclusion was that I had some arthritis, narrowing of some vertebrae, and some deterioration of some discs. Painful stuff.

ER.jpg
Damn, Terry—that is just the wrong way to do it! You definitely get a do-over on that one. So sorry to hear you are feeling the years more than normal. On the bright side, you are LOOKING great for your age! Wishing you a speedy recovery and many more! Feel better, my friend…

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Damn, Terry—that is just the wrong way to do it! You definitely get a do-over on that one. So sorry to hear you are feeling the years more than normal. On the bright side, you are LOOKING great for your age! Wishing you a speedy recovery and many more! Feel better, my friend…
Thank you buddy. I appreciate that. It's certainly not the way I want to celebrate my 71rst when that one comes around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1