Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

VoodooSan

One Too Many

StoryPNW

One Too Many
I wore my Superior Hats wide brim panama to go to the Farmer's market and run some errands with my wife this morning.
20240803_111312.jpg
20240803_111314.jpg

wsmontana

A-List Customer
IMG_0631.jpeg

Out with my son for a cool drink in my 10X Stetson OR.

It is nice to be back home after a long road trip through Washington, Oregon and Idaho. It was nice and cool (and a bit rainy) in Portland and Eugene but was downright apocalyptic in eastern Oregon and southern Idaho with all the heat, fires, and smoke.

My son had a productive orientation at the University of Oregon and I was able to visit Northwest hats and had a nice chat with the shop owner Mike. If it all goes as planned I’ll be in Eugene for a couple times a year for the next few years so I think it makes sense to get in the queue for a new hat ;-).

Last edited:

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
The hat, the food, and the scenery, ALL look awesome, Nathan!

What a grand adventure Nathan, and happily your photos are present and spectacular

I was beginning to wonder if you had made it!!!!
Great to see that all is well!!!

Good to see you safe and sound, Nathan.

What with the hat, cap, food, and scenery, I'm well jel already :)

Glad all is going well… internet aside

Thank you gentlemen!

The internet is still too slow to allow me to view photos on TFL. Not sure when this situation will change.

In case anyone’s wondering, I did finally remove the liner from my Fed IV. I just couldn’t breathe in that polyester thing anymore. I guess my hat’s gonna look pretty beat up sooner than I had anticipated, but that’s also okay - I brought it along to take a licking.

Here we are at breakfast this morning. This is a typical working class breakfast in Malaysia at an outside coffee shop called a “Kopitiam” (coffee = Kopi). The half-boiled eggs are eaten with pepper and soy sauce.

The street I live on is called colloquially “Harmony Street.” It has the oldest working mosque in Melaka, the oldest working Chinese temple in Malaysia, AND the oldest working Chitty (Hindu) temple in Malaysia and possibly in all of Southeast Asia.

An incredibly diverse area, I can walk down my street at any given hour of the day and easily hear at least seven vastly different working languages, not to mention all the various tourist languages.

IMG_3172.jpeg

IMG_3173.jpeg

IMG_3170.jpeg

IMG_3122.jpeg

IMG_3121.jpeg

IMG_3174.jpeg

Here is a shot down Harmony Street from the balcony of a relatively modern Buddhist Temple. The Chinese Temple compound is in the foreground on the right and in the middle background can be seen the mosque minaret. The Hindu temple is immediately next to the mosque - their evening calls to prayer go off at exactly the same time and create a cacophony of instruments, voices and deities that is deeply resonant on Harmony Street.

I feel truly at home in this wonderful place.

Happy Sunday friends.
IMG_3179.jpeg

Last edited:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Hats 036.JPG

Where's Steur this morning? You're late Stefan, Tina & I are missing the hats.
This lovely straw is one of a number that I bought from former Lounger, Esther Weis. The hat had lost it's shape somewhat but leaving it packed with foam sponge overnight has given it's appearance a new lease of life, perfect for church today.

Mighty44

One Too Many
Beautiful!
View attachment 631016
Out with my son for a cool drink in my 10X Stetson OR.

It is nice to be back home after a long road trip through Washington, Oregon and Idaho. It was nice and cool (and a bit rainy) in Portland and Eugene but was downright apocalyptic in eastern Oregon and southern Idaho with all the heat, fires, and smoke.

My son had a productive orientation at the University of Oregon and I was able to visit Northwest hats and had a nice chat with the shop owner Mike. If it all goes as planned I’ll be in Eugene for a couple times a year for the next few years so I think it makes sense to get in the queue for a new hat ;-).
Congrats—my son is applying to college this year!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mads