Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

RickP

Practically Family
Hot, humid and sunny today... Back under one of the Hemp Strats paired with one of my favorite Paradise Found shirts

Compress_20240804_084623_3320.jpg

Thanks, Joe!
Just trying to keep up with your hats, but lately I fail.

Incidentally, I was talking “Pro Wrestling” with my barber yesterday, a man slightly younger than me. He was totally aware of your grandfather, and said EVERYONE should remember and respect Buddy! He knew his entire history!!
Thanks Charlie. How cool.

VoodooSan

One Too Many
Thank you gentlemen!

The internet is still too slow to allow me to view photos on TFL. Not sure when this situation will change.

In case anyone’s wondering, I did finally remove the liner from my Fed IV. I just couldn’t breathe in that polyester thing anymore. I guess my hat’s gonna look pretty beat up sooner than I had anticipated, but that’s also okay - I brought it along to take a licking.

Here we are at breakfast this morning. This is a typical working class breakfast in Malaysia at an outside coffee shop called a “Kopitiam” (coffee = Kopi). The half-boiled eggs are eaten with pepper and soy sauce.

The street I live on is called colloquially “Harmony Street.” It has the oldest working mosque in Melaka, the oldest working Chinese temple in Malaysia, AND the oldest working Chitty (Hindu) temple in Malaysia and possibly in all of Southeast Asia.

An incredibly diverse area, I can walk down my street at any given hour of the day and easily hear at least seven vastly different working languages, not to mention all the various tourist languages.

View attachment 631025
View attachment 631026
View attachment 631032
View attachment 631027
View attachment 631028
View attachment 631029

Here is a shot down Harmony Street from the balcony of a relatively modern Buddhist Temple. The Chinese Temple compound is in the foreground on the right and in the middle background can be seen the mosque minaret. The Hindu temple is immediately next to the mosque - their evening calls to prayer go off at exactly the same time and create a cacophony of instruments, voices and deities that is deeply resonant on Harmony Street.

I feel truly at home in this wonderful place.

Happy Sunday friends.
View attachment 631031
Nathan, this sounds like an incredible adventure, although, as you're a veteran there, perhaps visit, or sojourn. would be more appropriate descriptors. Glad you're having such a wonderful time.

VoodooSan

One Too Many

VoodooSan

One Too Many
Good morning. I would like to share some hats I wore the past couple of days.

PHD.

i-cqmfzvV-M.jpg

VS Panama.

i-RVCnGv9-M.jpg

Champ Supreme.

i-7qRBXRS-M.jpg

i-Hgvj4Jt-M.jpg

Mallory Eight-fifty.

i-36k7Qmb-M.jpg

i-HJCsbdv-M.jpg

i-WV6ZZgL-M.jpg

i-nzWh6d2-M.jpg

Stetson Stratoliner Milan.

i-7bM8DdH-M.jpg

i-GK93H9M-M.jpg

Stetson Playboy.

i-zT4VzxQ-M.jpg

i-gTQhK9B-M.jpg

Stetson 3X Mode Edge.

i-wWNXwf4-M.jpg

i-SGcMBx3-M.jpg

Stetson Bantam.

i-wzgGSz2-M.jpg

i-cZ6QB6c-M.jpg

Gannon Wanderer (silverbelly and charcoal trimmings).

i-3Q4Fnms-M.jpg

i-TTSH4bZ-M.jpg

Gannon Beachcomber (Bone beaver felt).

i-xzbNvZ6-M.jpg

i-jsKgPR3-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
That is an AWE-INSPIRING half-score of hats, Eric! What a treat on a Sunday morning!

View attachment 631042
Where's Steur this morning? You're late Stefan, Tina & I are missing the hats.
This lovely straw is one of a number that I bought from former Lounger, Esther Weis. The hat had lost it's shape somewhat but leaving it packed with foam sponge overnight has given it's appearance a new lease of life, perfect for church today.
So sorry about that, Robert. They are coming, but I had other things to do first today. I'll explain when I post the hats. You are looking ready to wow the church ladies again today.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
So sorry about that, Robert. They are coming, but I had other things to do first today. I'll explain when I post the hats. You are looking ready to wow the church ladies again today.
Compliments from us both. You are forgiven but any future omission will have to be accompanied by a letter of explanation....................from your mother.

Buckle up, folks, this one comes with a story.

Back in early July, I complimented @Pellie on the Barbisio fedora he had shown off that day, and sighed-in-writing that I was still searching for one of those in my pinhead size.

Several days later, Stefan @steur saw my comment, and offered to look through his collection to see what he might be willing to part with. He contacted me later that day, and offered me two immaculate-condition Barbisios for an astonishingly low price, shipping included.

I of course IMMEDIATELY accepted his generous offer. He said he was also throwing in “a little something extra” to feed my Barbisio hunger. (I figured some kind of paper ephemera, maybe old advertising). After that, it was merely a matter of waiting on tenterhooks for the international shipment to make its way to me.

The hats arrived yesterday, and his “little something extra” proved to be a THIRD freaking hat!!! I am now the (very) proud owner of three pristine Barbisio Titan fedoras.

This is the first, in “cervo” color, which translates to deer. In doing further research, I also discovered it's the name of a river near the village in Italy where the Barbisio line was founded. (There's a LOT to read in the Barbisio Brotherhood thread!) It's too bloody hot in my part of Idaho right now to wear felt outdoors (excepting these pics taken early this morning), so I'm having to content myself with wearing it around the house all day! :D

Stefan has posted far better interior shots of all these hats in threads here in the past, and his photography skills far out-distance mine, so you're just getting the standard "see my new hat" shots. The other two will be shown in the next couple or three days.

I don't have enough words, to thank, and praise, Stefan for his generosity. I am truly humbled. View attachment 630757 View attachment 630758
Happy to help a fellow lounger out and glad these found a good home. Looks good on you, Mark!

Late to the game today. That is because I visited the annual Deventer bookmarket today and had to leave early. I believe it is the biggest one of its kind in Europe and I try to go each year. Here's an impression:

deventer2024.jpg

The hats then.
Dunlap
IMG_0110.JPG

Cavanagh homburg
IMG_0111.JPG

Dalton
IMG_0112.JPG

Penumbra
IMG_0113.JPG

Dunlap (again)
IMG_0121.JPG

Penumbra (again)
IMG_0122.JPG

Knox Twentyfive
IMG_0124.JPG

Borsalino rutenio
IMG_0125.JPG

And a food pic of my own this time. I had lunch in Deventer. Slow roasted belly pork and roasted carrot, with a cream of sweet potato and a leek mayonnaise topped off with some crispy noodles.
IMG_0127.JPG

VoodooSan

One Too Many
Late to the game today. That is because I visited the annual Deventer bookmarket today and had to leave early. I believe it is the biggest one of its kind in Europe and I try to go each year. Here's an impression:

View attachment 631161

The hats then.
Dunlap
View attachment 631153

Cavanagh homburg
View attachment 631154

Dalton
View attachment 631155

Penumbra
View attachment 631156

Dunlap (again)
View attachment 631157

Penumbra (again) View attachment 631158

Knox Twentyfive
View attachment 631159

Borsalino rutenio
View attachment 631160

And a food pic of my own this time. I had lunch in Deventer. Slow roasted belly pork and roasted carrot, with a cream of sweet potato and a leek mayonnaise topped off with some crispy noodles.
View attachment 631162
Great googly-moogly, Stefan! 6 kilometers of books?!?!? AMAZING! And that lunch looks scrumptious. I'd say you had a great first part of your day.

As for the usual complement of wonderful hats, I'm going with the Penumbra as #1, then the Knox, with the Borsa placing third.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mads