Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

rogueclimber

A-List Customer
I don’t intend to bore you all with endless photos of my Fed IV, although I do hope to share some photos of it on the travels in spiffy places.

But this morning I’d like to share how much I love it combined with my Lost Worlds crosszip jacket (since we were talking about this the other day). I believe @The Shoe wears his crosszip and Campdraft to great effect and I’m glad to take a cue from him and combine mine with an Akubra. Too bad the leather won’t be coming with to Asia. I took these photos early before the heat became overbearing.

Today is heavy furniture move out day for me. My sister and niece are coming over to help.

Happy hump day, friends.

View attachment 627553 View attachment 627554 View attachment 627555
View attachment 627557

But can you pull it off with shorts??? ;)

You look great there Nathan, I'm looking forward to your travel tales

rogueclimber

A-List Customer
I live in south GA. and I am extremely jealous of the cool hats you Yankees get to wear in summer!

I was dating a young lass from Kennesaw Mountain who, on our second date, looked at me and exclaimed:

"I ain't nevah dated a yankee befo"

Having grown up in Utah I could only respond "I ain't nevah been called a yankee befo" :cool:

Welcome to TFL -- Let's see some of the hats you do wear

The Shoe

Call Me a Cab
I don’t intend to bore you all with endless photos of my Fed IV, although I do hope to share some photos of it on the travels in spiffy places.

But this morning I’d like to share how much I love it combined with my Lost Worlds crosszip jacket (since we were talking about this the other day). I believe @The Shoe wears his crosszip and Campdraft to great effect and I’m glad to take a cue from him and combine mine with an Akubra. Too bad the leather won’t be coming with to Asia. I took these photos early before the heat became overbearing.

Today is heavy furniture move out day for me. My sister and niece are coming over to help.

Happy hump day, friends.

View attachment 627557
That works!

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many

VoodooSan

One Too Many

Happy hump day, friends.

View attachment 627557
That is a VERY good look, Nathan! Kudos! (And don't overdo, today!)

VoodooSan

One Too Many

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Blue Blazer 002.JPG Blue Blazer 007.JPG
By request, I wore my "federal" hat today. It was a young lady in the office at work who had met Tina and I at some function, probably when we took the old MG to an outdoor vintage event.

Rather than correct the lady, we now have fun when we are off out. Tina will say: "Don't forget your federal hat." Last week when she was considering a serious damage to my wealth I asked her if they did ladies federal hats. It took a while but her smile told me that she got there.

This is the federal hat that caused quite a stir at work today. One of the know-it-all smug types informed everyone that it's actually a fedora. Do you know, I rather like federal.

RickP

Practically Family
View attachment 627592 View attachment 627593
By request, I wore my "federal" hat today. It was a young lady in the office at work who had met Tina and I at some function, probably when we took the old MG to an outdoor vintage event.

Rather than correct the lady, we now have fun when we are off out. Tina will say: "Don't forget your federal hat." Last week when she was considering a serious damage to my wealth I asked her if they did ladies federal hats. It took a while but her smile told me that she got there.

This is the federal hat that caused quite a stir at work today. One of the know-it-all smug types informed everyone that it's actually a fedora. Do you know, I rather like federal.
Nice blue... I hadnt really thought about deep blues before I found the turquoise Hemp Stratoliner. Have had several psitive comments... Im sure you will too
Compress_20240713_075841_1576.jpg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I live in south GA. and I am extremely jealous of the cool hats you Yankees get to wear in summer!
Reminds me of an incident I had some years back. We were working on a job site with some guys from the South. One of them said that the biggest difference he noticed between Southerners and Northerners was that Southerners would ask, "Y'all want something to eat?" Northerners would ask, "You guys want a beer?"

I appreciate your input ! The Whippet is a favorite of mine even though they were only Royal Quality here in the USA, I like the look. This hat deserves the Excellent moniker in my opinion and has quickly become one of my favorites !
* if I understand correctly, you're saying my hat is earlier than mid to late 1950s ? Amazing how well some of these hats stand the test of time.
Thank you. It can't be earlier than 1954. My guess would be 1957-1959.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delrey486