Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Monte

Practically Family
In the mail and right on the head for the day off today. Angoulita Tony. Not as perfect as I've owned in my life (OR 25), but I'm very pleased overall w the quality of the hat from Greece... summer lovin', had me a blast....
20240715_125644.jpg
Screenshot_20240713_221505_Chrome.jpg

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
And then were three (well, five counting the flat caps). The FED IV and flat caps are going with to Asia and I need the other two straws to finish packing out. One week to go (six days and a wake up) - still a lot to do in this house.
IMG_2870.jpeg

Counting furs, straws, wools, canvas, berets, caps and crushers, I have about 75 hats in total. This is the storage for about 60 of them. 10 of the grail hats are in a closet at my family’s house.
IMG_2868.jpeg

Feels weird to be down to one fur felt, but this is the one possibly for the rest of the year - Akubra Federation IV in heritage fawn.
IMG_2874.jpeg

TimmyV

One of the Regulars
Thank you for posting a photo of the paper label. It looks like "Whippet" next to "Form". I only have record of one other Stetson - Mayser "Whippet". It's possibly mid to later 1950s so it's an earlier one.

https://germanaustrianhats.invisionzone.com/topic/3-mayser-hutfabrik/?do=findComment&comment=881
I appreciate your input ! The Whippet is a favorite of mine even though they were only Royal Quality here in the USA, I like the look. This hat deserves the Excellent moniker in my opinion and has quickly become one of my favorites !
* if I understand correctly, you're saying my hat is earlier than mid to late 1950s ? Amazing how well some of these hats stand the test of time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delrey486