Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

DonR

A-List Customer
A Borsalino

dj1.jpg

dj2.jpg

DJI_20240714130434_0065_D.JPG

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Sunday again and it looks like it's namesake will even make an appaerance. First the hats though.

Dalton
View attachment 626860

Courtney (by Dalton)
View attachment 626861

Dunlap
View attachment 626862

Borsalino Nero
View attachment 626863

Borsalino Rutenio

View attachment 626864

Dalton (again)
View attachment 626865

Valensy
View attachment 626866

Barbisio View attachment 626867
Borsalino R.JPG

You make Sundays a real treat Stefan, and this week's Sunday special is:
The Borsalino Rutenio, an exquisite hat, I just adore the broad rim.

The Sovereign had a rerun, at the lady's request, for church this morning.

Camera 1 443.JPG Camera 1 444.JPG

How's your weather Stefan? Tomorrow is St. Swithin's Day. He's a local lad, to where I live, he was the Bishop of Winchester from his consecration on 30 October 852 until his death on 2 July 863.

Swithin was a champion of the poor and did much to improve their lot. It was his dying wish to be buried in the cemetery among those poor souls for whom he had much respect. But he was exalted and buried in his cathedral. Then it rained, and rained, and rained. So they dug him up, transferred his coffin to the cemetery..........and the sun came out.

According to tradition, if it rains on Saint Swithun's bridge on his feast day it will continue for forty days.

You're right, Steve & Nathan: I think the best translation would be »specially produced for« in the way of »custom made for«. In my understanding, it means that in this case Carl Kellner is not ordering from a catalog of hats offered by Habig like other hat sellers, but is ordering this hat according to his own wishes and ideas. It is also conceivable that it was the special wishes of a customer that Kellner passed on to Habig. In any case, no other retailer had "exactly this model" on offer.
Matt, Thank you for your feedback!

View attachment 626964
You make Sundays a real treat Stefan, and this week's Sunday special is:
The Borsalino Rutenio, an exquisite hat, I just adore the broad rim.

The Sovereign had a rerun, at the lady's request, for church this morning.

View attachment 626968 View attachment 626969

How's your weather Stefan? Tomorrow is St. Swithin's Day. He's a local lad, to where I live, he was the Bishop of Winchester from his consecration on 30 October 852 until his death on 2 July 863.

Swithin was a champion of the poor and did much to improve their lot. It was his dying wish to be buried in the cemetery among those poor souls for whom he had much respect. But he was exalted and buried in his cathedral. Then it rained, and rained, and rained. So they dug him up, transferred his coffin to the cemetery..........and the sun came out.

According to tradition, if it rains on Saint Swithun's bridge on his feast day it will continue for forty days.
Thank you, Robert. Sorry England didn't succeed in winning the championship. Weather wasn't too bad today, but just to be safe we could use a St. Swithin of our own. The Sovereign and the rest of you are looking well!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HvdB