Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

DonR

A-List Customer
And then were three (well, five counting the flat caps). The FED IV and flat caps are going with to Asia and I need the other two straws to finish packing out. One week to go (six days and a wake up) - still a lot to do in this house.
View attachment 627491

Counting furs, straws, wools, canvas, berets, caps and crushers, I have about 75 hats in total. This is the storage for about 60 of them. 10 of the grail hats are in a closet at my family’s house.
View attachment 627490

Feels weird to be down to one fur felt, but this is the one possibly for the rest of the year - Akubra Federation IV in heritage fawn.
View attachment 627493
Looking good. Is your storage standard or climate controlled. I'm considering storing some hats because I have run out of room in our 500 sf cottage.

Mallory Coast to Coast

IMG_20240716_183748015_PORTRAIT_Original.jpeg
IMG_20240716_183818369 Copy.jpeg
IMG_20240716_183917489_HDR_Original.jpeg
IMG_20240716_184402611_PORTRAIT Copy Copy.jpeg
IMG_20240716_183749240_PORTRAIT_Original.jpeg
IMG_20240716_183817219_PORTRAIT_Original.jpeg

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Looking good. Is your storage standard or climate controlled. I'm considering storing some hats because I have run out of room in our 500 sf cottage.

Thanks Don.

I definitely went for climate controlled. It’s a completely enclosed building so there are minimal insects (I’m very concerned about moth damage) plus it’s 95 degrees in Alabama for the next few months - add what, 10-15 degrees in a metal box?

I got a climate controlled 10ft x10ft for 80 USD/mo, but I have other household goods to store so maybe you could do with smaller.

I’m happy enough with it… obviously, I’d rather have a dedicated hat butler in charge of carrying the collection around behind me as I travel…

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
I don’t intend to bore you all with endless photos of my Fed IV, although I do hope to share some photos of it on the travels in spiffy places.

But this morning I’d like to share how much I love it combined with my Lost Worlds crosszip jacket (since we were talking about this the other day). I believe @The Shoe wears his crosszip and Campdraft to great effect and I’m glad to take a cue from him and combine mine with an Akubra. Too bad the leather won’t be coming with to Asia. I took these photos early before the heat became overbearing.

Today is heavy furniture move out day for me. My sister and niece are coming over to help.

Happy hump day, friends.

IMG_2984.jpeg
IMG_2967.jpeg
IMG_2994.jpeg

IMG_2947.jpeg

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
I live in south GA. and I am extremely jealous of the cool hats you Yankees get to wear in summer!

FYI, a lot of the hats you’re seeing on this thread - even a lot of the felts in the heat of summer - are in the South.

This post reminds me of the time my family returned from a tour in Italy. We purchased a car before we transited back stateside and picked it up in New Jersey upon arrival, so it had Jersey plates (big blue ones, too).

Then we commenced to drive that car and those Jersey plates all over the South visiting family. I believe we were just leaving Jackson, MS where we visited my father’s dad when someone passed us and yelled in our window “Yankee go home!”

Lol, they could not have been more wrong with my dad.

I don’t identify as a Southerner but only because I’m a “third culture” kid and have been all my life.

But yeah, all that to say that a lot of regulars on this thread are in the south.

Welcome to the Lounge, btw.

TimmyV

One of the Regulars
I don’t intend to bore you all with endless photos of my Fed IV, although I do hope to share some photos of it on the travels in spiffy places.

But this morning I’d like to share how much I love it combined with my Lost Worlds crosszip jacket (since we were talking about this the other day). I believe @The Shoe wears his crosszip and Campdraft to great effect and I’m glad to take a cue from him and combine mine with an Akubra. Too bad the leather won’t be coming with to Asia. I took these photos early before the heat became overbearing.

Today is heavy furniture move out day for me. My sister and niece are coming over to help.

Happy hump day, friends.

View attachment 627553 View attachment 627554 View attachment 627555
View attachment 627557
Looking good this morning Nathan !! Hope the heavy furniture move goes well today !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delrey486