Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
What a great hat on you Duper!!

Duper said:
Tonights dog walk was done in my new Stetson Bear Creek, which is a modified Stetson Chatham with a leather hat band made for and sold by the folks at Noggintops.

3932527787_7a56ac21fb.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Very sharp as always Mario. Looking good Sir. I'm sure stupid remarks of others are not worth your time... some people, especially those that are drunk are just clueless- and usually have NO style.

Mario said:
That was my outfit for last night. Got me one really stupid remark from some drunkards who were rolling on floor in the subway. :rolleyes:

borsalino_long_09_17_09a.jpg

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
chanteuseCarey said:
is very sharp. Is it a pic you just found online, or someone special in your family or a favorite hat style?

l

Hiya Chanteuse.

I wish I could say he was a family member but I think all Australians consider Andrew Barton ('Banjo') Paterson (1864-1941) a member of the family. He was one of this country's most famous poets and penned, among other things, 'Waltzing Matilda' and 'The Man from Snowy River'. He also has an Akubra named in his honour.

Unfortunately, the Akubra looks nothing like the hat he's wearing in this photo. Wish I could get a hold of one. We had a discussion on here about it a while back and we think it's a modified Homburg.

Banjo, in that very picture, also makes a special appearance on the Aussie $10 note:

paterson_note.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Beautiful hat on you Chiliarches!! You wear it well...

Chiliarches said:
At least that's how I interpret the liner. Made by the Pittsburg Hat Company. "Pittsburg", without an H on the end.

100_1356-1.jpg

It is not a brand I have ever heard of so I thought a liner shot might be of interest -

100_1334.jpg

100_1378.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the info, :eek:fftopic:
speaking as a social ballroom dancer Waltzing Matilda is a lovely song for a waltz. I went to look it up on Youtuvbe and found this instead. wow... really makes one think.
[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VktJNNKm3B0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VktJNNKm3B0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Ephraim Tutt said:
Hiya Chanteuse.

I wish I could say he was a family member but I think all Australians consider Andrew Barton ('Banjo') Paterson (1864-1941) a member of the family. He was one of this country's most famous poets and penned, among other things, 'Waltzing Matilda' and 'The Man from Snowy River'. He also has an Akubra named in his honour.

Unfortunately, the Akubra looks nothing like the hat he's wearing in this photo. Wish I could get a hold of one. We had a discussion on here about it a while back and we think it's a modified Homburg.

Banjo, in that very picture, also makes a special appearance on the Aussie $10 note:

paterson_note.jpg

Mario

I'll Lock Up
chanteuseCarey said:
Oh my gosh Mario- I just found this pic. WOW, either you've got a really excellent camera or that hat felt is SO soft, it looks like velour or even silk velvet here. Scrumptious... sigh.

It's not the camera (mine's actually pretty crappy), that hat really has an incredibly velvety finish. I love it! :)

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Ephraim Tutt said:
Thanks for that Chanteuse. Hard to watch that terrific video without getting a bit misty eyed.

The song is well known here, written by a Scottish/Australian (like me!) folk singer named Eric Bogle. His website is here:

http://ericbogle.net/index.htm

Yes, Eric - he wrote a couple of very good songs, and Willie McBride (aka The Green Fields Of France) in particular never fails to have me on the verge of crying... :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe